To SS: What time does the weekly newsletter go up?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been asked a few time and I believe the standard answer is that its up soon as its done. I seem to recall Dusty saying they are sometimes staying late and rushing the newsletter together. It just depends on the day and how busy they are.

They have said in the past it was up around 9pm ET. I would love to see if there are any second chance or rarity specials but sometimes I don't want to be tied down to refreshing the newsletter page.

What prompted me was waiting for tonight's edition.

its usually up anywhere from 9:00pm-10:30 pm eastern time......9:00-9:30pm if were lucky....

lcummins said:
You snooze, you lose!!! Deal with it!

This thread is for asking Sideshow Collectibles and I don't feel requesting or suggesting a set time to receive the newsletter is beyond the scope of reality or comprehension.

BTW, your 'Deal with it' reply was course and confrontational. Thanks. :(

kodiak8658 said:
This thread is for asking Sideshow Collectibles and I don't feel requesting or suggesting a set time to receive the newsletter is beyond the scope of reality or comprehension...

Sideshow (or Dusty that is) has answered this question many times; the newsletter will come out after 6PM PST, usually sometime between 6 and 7 PST. That is the best answer they can give, because unlike a PPO, they never know exactly how long the newsletter might take, or what might come up to delay it.

kodiak8658 said:
...BTW, your 'Deal with it' reply was course and confrontational. Thanks. :(

It may have been confrontational, but it was in response to your comment, "but sometimes I don't want to be tied down to refreshing the newsletter page", not the question about the newsletter time itself. Except when they try experiments, most products are ordered on a first come, first served basis, so if you don't feel like sitting in front of your computer, waiting for the newsletter, then "deal with it" if you miss an item. I will stand by my statement, although I wish the time could be more precise myself, so that we don't have to waste so much time refreshing and waiting, but until then, I do it if I want to order something and don't want to miss it. Sorry if you don't "feel" like doing it yourself...

lcummins said:
... although I wish the time could be more precise myself, so that we don't have to waste so much time refreshing and waiting

Looks like we both have to DEAL with it. I'm wondering if you feel the same way about a specified time for the newsletter, then why your reply was like getting hit in the face with a sour apple?

I heard people in California have a hard time dealing with deadlines, so maybe that's why they can't commit to a specified time. Must be all the sun, surf, and silicone.

kodiak8658 said:
Looks like we both have to DEAL with it. I'm wondering why if you feel the same way, then why your reply was like getting hit in the face with a sour apple?

I heard people in California have a hard time dealing with deadlines, so maybe that's why they can't commit to a specified time. Must be all the sun, surf, and silicone.

To be perfectly honest, your thread title asked the question, "What time does the weekly newsletter go up?", but your actual posts felt like they were asking for a time that was better suited to you personally. The "but sometimes I don't want to be tied down to refreshing the newsletter page" just seemed a little "lazy" and self-centered to me. None of us like having to sit and wait and refresh, but we do it, because that's just the way it is. And again, to generalize people in California like you did above, doesn't add anything to legitimize your previous posts or help in your quest for a more precise time for the newsletter.

kodiak8658 said:
A shining example set by one of the board's best. Must be the alignment of planets. :rolleyes:

If that is the worst I do in a post, I will be extremely happy with myself and know that I tried my best to deal with others in the respectful way that they each deserved.

lcummins said:
To be perfectly honest, your thread title asked the question, "What time does the weekly newsletter go up?", but your actual posts felt like they were asking for a time that was better suited to you personally. The "but sometimes I don't want to be tied down to refreshing the newsletter page" just seemed a little "lazy" and self-centered to me. None of us like having to sit and wait and refresh, but we do it, because that's just the way it is. And again, to generalize people in California like you did above, doesn't add anything to legitimize your previous posts or help in your quest for a more precise time for the newsletter.

So compliance and acceptance overrules the desire to change things for the better? If people took that attitude in America, there would still be slavery.

Lazy and self centered is insulting to someone that has limited time in the evenings, when the newsletter comes out. I would like to see the newsletter published at a specified time BECAUSE my time is limited, like many, many other people in the world.

If I was lazy, I'd be posting all day on an internet forum.....hey, I think I am lazy! :D

lcummins said:
If that is the worst I do in a post, I will be extremely happy with myself and know that I tried my best to deal with others in the respectful way that they each deserved.

Always remember in a minimalistic world...LESS is MORE!

kodiak8658 said:
So compliance and acceptance overrules the desire to change things for the better? If people took that attitude in America, there would still be slavery...

Sideshow has changed things for the better, several times. The newsletter used to be emailed to everyone and would arrive to some people hours or even days late. Sideshow changed to the online posting so that everyone could get their newsletter at the same time. They also changed from it coming out sometime on Friday, to Thursday evenings, and told us it would be no earlier than 6PM PST, but could be later. That is 1000 times better than the way it used to be, emailed at a random time of Friday; just ask some of the long time Sideshow collectors about those days.

kodiak8658 said:
...Lazy and self centered is insulting to someone that has limited time in the evenings, when the newsletter comes out. I would like to see the newsletter published at a specified time BECAUSE my time is limited, like many, many other people in the world...

I am a very literal person. When you say you don't "feel" like doing something instead of saying sometimes I "can't", then I have to take that statement at face value and assume it is your choice not to sit there and wait. We all have limited time, but if we want to collect some of these items, we make the time to be there and wait.

Back