TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the 1/4 scale i have the turtle set, a few foot soldiers and Shredder. Have they released anything else or announced anything else?

Alternative heads from the 1st movie?

View attachment 492884

With the foot soldiers, Tokka, and Super Shredder, NECA has made everything I'd want out of this line... except for alternative sculpts. :lol
Particularly for Leo, since I also have the 1:4 and I'd like some variety, and Mikey, since the open mouth in a bit too "fun" for action/fighting poses. Given NECA's usual modus operandi, I don't expect this to be an accessory set though, but rather re-releases with the new sculpts, and then ultimate versions a couple of years down the line.

I like it :hi5:

It?s too bad the looks were changed in the heads after the first film to make them look more cartoony and kid friendly ..thanks to the soccer moms :slap

I always thought the original head designs were the best because they brought both the mystique of a ninja while showcasing the art of the cartoon which was a fad back then

They look friendly but these are definitely still the 1990 version of the turtles. You can tell by Leo?s snout and Raphs eyes and donnies head aswell

They look friendly but these are definitely still the 1990 version of the turtles. You can tell by Leo?s snout and Raphs eyes and donnies head aswell

Ah well spotted you’re right those are the SOTO sculpts because Ralph looks neutral in the eyes, wherein the original he IMO looked the most intense and mean in the eyes ..too bad :(

Ah well spotted you?re right those are the SOTO sculpts because Ralph looks neutral in the eyes, wherein the original he IMO looked the most intense and mean in the eyes ..too bad :(

No these are the original turtles just with happier expressions. The soto turtles look like happpier cheap versions of these designs and they look flat imo

72E8AD4B_150F_433F_8FDF_39F286A7818E.jpeg

the second movie had heavily retarded faces.

Upon further inspection ...

These are customs of the originals

Reference..original movie

SOTO

I can?t put my finger on it but the SOTO turtles look so damn off and goofy looking compared to the 1990 versions. Is it the disgusting **** green color they all have?

Michelangelo looks the most similar to his 1990 incarnation - he was always more 'cutesy' in appearance than the others - but for SOTO it looks like they were all brought in line with that kid-friendly look which was a pity. Their individuality was reduced

I can?t put my finger on it but the SOTO turtles look so damn off and goofy looking compared to the 1990 versions. Is it the disgusting **** green color they all have?

One thing I don't like on the NECA figures which seems more in line with SOTO than 90 is how clean and vibrant the bandanas are, the ones in SOTO looked brand new and so do the NECA figures, but in the 1990 movie, they looked old and faded and dirty, like Mikey almost looks brown at times instead of orange.

Looks like Judith Hoag (who still looks amazing by the way) is all in on following the creation of her NECA April O'Neill movie action figure. I was personally waiting for that one to be released. A great chance to get all the different versions of her at some point (ie: the yellow rain coat at the beginning, etc ;) )

Looks like Judith Hoag (who still looks amazing by the way) is all in on following the creation of her NECA April O'Neill movie action figure. I was personally waiting for that one to be released. A great chance to get all the different versions of her at some point (ie: the yellow rain coat at the beginning, etc ;) )

Awesome news. Shes by far my favorite April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that’s pretty awesome. She seem really enthusiastic and willing to work with NECA on making an April figure happen. I truly thought it would be a long shot type deal to get her.

If we can get April and an unmasked Casey the 1990 movie line can basically be called good in my opinion. Tastsu would be the only other character I’d like to see.

I kinda feel like Tatsu is more important than Casey in that he appeared in the first 2 films, where Casey’s biggest outing was the first movie, his appearance in the third felt more like a cameo.

Back