TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So not sure what to make of it but mondo posted on twitter about their comic con at home and i commented about hoping that we get some news on their second TMNT series and they liked my tweet. So maybe finally an update?

Part of me wants to make the drive to the store that has it, but yet is this set really worth it? :lol. Might just hold out hope that my local store eventually gets it in. If the store was closer I’d do it, but basically an hour and a half is a jaunt to go.

Part of me wants to make the drive to the store that has it, but yet is this set really worth it? :lol. Might just hold out hope that my local store eventually gets it in. If the store was closer I?d do it, but basically an hour and a half is a jaunt to go.

Tough situation. 80 miles is a hell of a drive for a $50 figure set. I would wait it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was planning to get one of each 1990 Turtle 2-pack and thought it'd be easy enough since the Turtles have already been released and reshipped over and over - alas, gone within minutes.

Last edited:
Not minutes, seconds.

Even the international? I returned to my computer about 6 minutes after they were due to go up. I honestly thought they'd either be late going up or the 1990 Turtle 2 packs would be easy enough to get as long as you were at least prepared to order today - again, how many times can you release these exact figures over and over and they sell out immediately every time? Surely the sales will slow...well, perhaps a day will come when they do...but it is not this day. They are still wildly popular and people still can't seem to get enough of them. It's unbelievable.

Review of the Super7 Raphael. Looks...cheap. Maybe I was expecting too much but already kinda regretting ordering all of these so far. :/ Either way I am in too deep now to stop anyway.
https://youtu.be/0x2nAMOvI1M

Hmm...I'm skipping the turtles. Maybe I'll get Casey Jones and Baxter, and a few of the villains that look different from the cartoon Neca versions.

Did anyone get the Metalhead or Casey on Target.com today? Spent an hour refreshing and could never even add them to cart. Before that spent another hour driving to my local Target to find nothing besides the usual Alien and Godzilla stuff. I take back my comment about maybe regretting my Super7 purchases since, you know, at least you CAN purchase them. Also have not seen a Casey/Raphael 2-pack in person yet. Ugh.

Review of the Super7 Raphael. Looks...cheap. Maybe I was expecting too much but already kinda regretting ordering all of these so far. :/ Either way I am in too deep now to stop anyway.

Honestly doesn't look that bad to me. I honestly only got my first S7 figure recently, Toxic Crusader, and while it may not have that explicit premium feel, it certainly felt good in hand and was the first figure in forever that felt silky smooth moving the joints. I'm not sure what the reviewers complaints were other than it feels cheap. Paint looked good. I don't like the soft plastic for the sais though, that's annoying.

For the GameStop turtles you were able to preorder them so there was no crazy scramble like these. In my experience with NECA and TMNT there have always been supply demand issues with the movie and toon releases. The non-attendee SDCC and NYCC sets were very hard to get but you could get them. I managed to pull it off each time thankfully but others were not so lucky. With this last wave of Walmart & Target Exclusives they have been selling out in mere seconds so most people I know of that are lucky enough to get them in their carts never get to the checkout page. Also Walmart & Target have not done a good job of putting them online at the time NECA tells us they will go live so a lot of people waste a lot of time refreshing and hoping to get lucky. The Target ones today we supposed to go live at 2pm which ended up being around 2:40 I think so you had people constantly refreshing their webpages only to have something in stock for seconds. So far I have struck out on this latest wave of movie and toon figures.

Yeah it's a **** show. Gamestop worked because like you said, they were preorders. They took our orders then produced the figures. NECA with Target (and now Walmart) are not doing preorders and are just supplying in what they produce. I can only imagine they got some great deal from Target/Walmart to do these like this, because it's beyond frustrating for the consumers like us, but they literally immediately sell out everything. So to them they're making bank and they do keep telling us to wait it out, but it's difficult! Not easy to wait out when there's still no certainty you'll actually get anything like with a preorder.

I actually managed to snag a Casey 2-pack on Target today. I saw maybe 5 other collectors also got one. I haven?t seen anyone say they got Metalhead. I?m thinking I might just sell the Neca figures I have and stick with Super 7. I?m not paying $300 for Metalhead on eBay.

I think he looks fine. Not sure what that guy?s complaint is.

I think its mostly just that the finish is kinda glossy in spots and that is giving me a cheaper quality vibe. I know people have complained about the glossiness of the plastic Super7 has used in the past for their MOTU stuff. I?m sure it is probably just the lighting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back