TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found Casey/Ralph today but just about every store 15 of em is sold out otherwise. Thanks for the brickseek link :)

Anyone know if they are rereleasing the 7" Shredder again? Missed out on him and the foot soldiers.

My local EBGames has a bunch but I'm in Canada

The ****** thing about this is that you can?t get this online. I?m not about to drive wherever the **** during a pandemic just for this. This is a complete botch on NECA?s part

Good lord.

I loved TMNT like everyone else when the cartoon and movie took off in the late 80s/early 90s, but I'm glad I'm not attempting to collect them now. There's so many it makes my head spin.

First of all, there was the original comic book versions from NECA that go for like a zillion bucks now.

Mondo also did some really awesome comic book/cartoony looking figures but those were also expensive and in my opinion, too big.

There's also the super cartoon accurate line from NECA, occasionally repainted as arcade game versions.

There's the movie line from NECA which look so good they almost look like the real suits from the movie in really good shots.

And then there's the Ultimate Line from Super7 that recreates the original Playmates toys with better details, paint, and articulation.

My god, what a time to be a Turtle fan. If this stuff was available back then I'd have had to have it all.

I can't imagine anyone not seeing that this is the Golden Age of Turtle toys......and that's discounting whatever kiddie crap Playmates/Nickelodeon is putting out.

Did I miss any??

This is one case where I'm glad I just don't have the funds and collect too many other lines to have even touched any of these, but man, congrats to all of you that are able to get your hands on all these.

I honestly will collect the the first movie toys only and 1985 to 2k12 cartoon stuff. But only if it?s high quality like neca. I?m never buying playmates crap again.

Also if they do red sky turtles and idw I?d like that

Walmart employee told me today theyre still getting in Casey/Ralph two packs but in small quantities. He recommended coming in when they open because people buy them up. He also said stock can take up to 24 hours to reflect online. Has anyone else heard this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good lord.

I loved TMNT like everyone else when the cartoon and movie took off in the late 80s/early 90s, but I'm glad I'm not attempting to collect them now. There's so many it makes my head spin.

First of all, there was the original comic book versions from NECA that go for like a zillion bucks now.

Mondo also did some really awesome comic book/cartoony looking figures but those were also expensive and in my opinion, too big.

There's also the super cartoon accurate line from NECA, occasionally repainted as arcade game versions.

There's the movie line from NECA which look so good they almost look like the real suits from the movie in really good shots.

And then there's the Ultimate Line from Super7 that recreates the original Playmates toys with better details, paint, and articulation.

My god, what a time to be a Turtle fan. If this stuff was available back then I'd have had to have it all.

I can't imagine anyone not seeing that this is the Golden Age of Turtle toys......and that's discounting whatever kiddie crap Playmates/Nickelodeon is putting out.

Did I miss any??

This is one case where I'm glad I just don't have the funds and collect too many other lines to have even touched any of these, but man, congrats to all of you that are able to get your hands on all these.

Totally agree. I had bought the 4 SHF cartoon Turtles a few years ago, but they were the only thing I had bought for TMNT in almost 30 years, I skipped every single thing Playmates had done. But now I'm all in on the movie turtles and trying to be on cartoon, except for the Turtles themselves, I prefer the SHF versions.

Anybody remember those atrocities that playmates out for the 90s film. It was all we had at the time so I bought all of them. Regret it instantly. I will say I do like there toon turtles but it?s not hard for them to do

I think me and my brothers had ONE movie turtle by Playmates. His arms and legs were intentionally rubbery to mimic the live action suits. It wasn't bad for the time.

I just can't imagine the mess I'd have made in my pants if the NECA movie figures existed back then.

I think me and my brothers had ONE movie turtle by Playmates. His arms and legs were intentionally rubbery to mimic the live action suits. It wasn't bad for the time.

I just can't imagine the mess I'd have made in my pants if the NECA movie figures existed back then.

O no not those. I?m talking about the collectors edition they did like in 2015 I think. They made toon turtles and movie turtles.

The old school movie turtles were good for the time but sadly I never saw them as a kid

I honestly feel that Neca?s are going to be the hot toys of the line IMHO down the line, I mean their quality with plastic is ****** as is already, I had a movie figure hand peg break on me and could not get it replaced, I mean I had issues with other Neca figures that Neca did helped me out no problem BUT older items you are out of luck and on your own... At the end of the day their abs, i don?t see lasting longer than playmates will ever last.

SHF will be the winner for sure Bandai builds to last. I got lucky to score the NECA TMNT movie line, the NECA Cartoon Light green figure a couple of villains, the playmates reissue, anything else is just an added bonus at this point. My main focus is the power rangers line but heck nothing?s been consistent with covid, everything keeps getting pushed back to the right. [emoji24][emoji24][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i had only from that set, too. 15 years later i bought the whole set and still keep them for the memories.

Of all these various sets, I think my personal favorite (from pics only, I don't own any) would be the Mondo set. Just the right mix of original comic, cartoon, and even old toy aesthetics. If they had been 6 inches, that would have been the one I'd gone for.

I don't like the heads on the Bandai figures. Too goofy. I think NECA did better with the head sculpts. But like Ropen said....in a few years, all those NECA figures are gonna be a pile of torsos with no limbs cause of the shoddy crappy plastic they use.

Brickseek shows limited stock for Casey/Raph at a store that?s like 80 miles away... blah. Of course my local store is showing no stock.

What's brickseek?

a website that can help you keep track of inventory of physical stores without setting foot inside. It?s just a tool to accurately tells you if they have specific items in stock and how many.

Walmart employees hate it because it?s not accurate and you always get customers that demand items to be found when they say they have 4 in stock but zero on the shelf. It?s not based on real time inventory just really a tool to gauge how many stores around your area get an item.

this website blew up in the scalping days of the nes and snes classic

Say this the tmnt 2 pack has a street date of 27th june, you go on brickseek search the inventory type in your zipcode and results will tell you if any walmart based on the radius you selected has it. if you checked it randomly you will see that stores will indeed get items ?in stock? chances are they are sitting in the back, but if you see ?low quantities? that means it?s either at the shelf or sold out. if it says nothing that means it hasn?t arrived yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back