TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me niether I refuse to believe nick would let micheal bay just ruin the cartoons name by adding his own stupid ****.

Ah, but Transformers was a done and dusted franchise. When Hasbro let Bay do his thing, it was not a viable show. TMNT is on air now, it has been picked up for a further 24 shows next season, and Playmates are making a mint on the new gear. Nick won't sacrifice the show, nor would Bay sabotage potential merchandise sales by screwing with this in any major way. The franchise runs on TMNT. That, I cannot see being changed. If Bay is the producer, he will have to use the franchise name.
However, on a positive note, I received a couple of cool figures from the past, today in the mail.

And this is my Turtles corner, so these guys will go in here later today.

Last edited:
Somebody posted this over at Facebook... but it seems that it is a fake. :(

htturtles_zps1e8bcc37.jpg

This seriously made my heart jump. I would be all over these...

Sallah

Last edited:
It is sounding like it is a fake now. :(

Super bummed.

Sallah

It would be a big seller for them, its a license alot of people in the 1/6 collecting community hold dear as a childhood memory:inlove I for one would love to have them, as these are the closest thing is have to 1/6 turtles

turtles015.jpg

turtles010.jpg

I'd be down for 1/6 Turtles except I don't buy rubber bodied figures. For what they would cost I just don't trust it. Also HT would probably only make 2 Turtles and then drop the line to make more Iron Man/Batman/Predator/Terminator figures.

Dvd1 is right. Tf brand got a real boost from those movies.

Ah, but Transformers was a done and dusted franchise. When Hasbro let Bay do his thing, it was not a viable show. TMNT is on air now, it has been picked up for a further 24 shows next season, and Playmates are making a mint on the new gear. Nick won't sacrifice the show, nor would Bay sabotage potential merchandise sales by screwing with this in any major way. The franchise runs on TMNT. That, I cannot see being changed. If Bay is the producer, he will have to use the franchise name.
However, on a positive note, I received a couple of cool figures from the past, today in the mail.

And this is my Turtles corner, so these guys will go in here later today.

Wishful thinking. all of that.

On transformers, Yes there is no doubt the brand got a MASSIVE boost due to the first bay film. However, it was in no way a "done and dusted franchise" At toyfair this past year, hasbro showed profit numbers for transformers from before and after the film, going back several years before.

Guess what? the line was slowly gaining in profitability, and sales little by little each year. As it has done since the creation of the line back in the 80's.

I'm not saying that bay's involvement didn't improve this 1000 fold, but it was in no way "dead and done".

YOu might even say it was MORE alive then, than turtles was at the same time.

Hell, they canceled an entire toyline, and shelved a concept to make way for the first bay film. Yes, from a profitability standpoint, this was a good decision.

But the point is, Hasbro let Bay do whatever he wanted, and he made them Billions.
It made soo much money, they canceled a very good Cartoon show of transformers to make way for more of Bay's garbage. That being transformers Animated.

If you think for even one second, that nick and paramount are not going to give him free reign to make them Transformers money, regardless of hat itmeans fro the brand, then you don't understand american buisness executive greed.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be mistaken, and have this turn out to be a live action film on par with the original one. I just think that bay's already shown us what he's able to bring to the table.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GLrBH2arKA[/ame]
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyx2dHAguuU[/ame]

Just to pick up on this.

in 2007, the year of the first Transformers, it was by no means done and dusted. Transformers Cybertron was on TV and had a toyline out. Fair enough, it wasn't the greatest show, but that wasn't all they had out.

Around 2007 Hasbro had the Alternators, Masterpiece and Classics line all out at around the same time. 3 lines that are considered by collectors to be the pinnacle of transformers in engineering at the time. 3 lines that made Hasbro a ton of money, and 3 lines that still survive today in some form or another.

Not to mention the fact that the toyline for the 3rd film bombed over here in the UK. If anything, Hasbro giving the film to Bay potentially cost them more than it made them. Not necessarily in terms of money, but just in terms of name value. I know there were a few UK retailers who wanted very little to do with DOTM and are still reluctant to put the newer Prime figures out on the shelves.

Somebody posted this over at Facebook... but it seems that it is a fake. :(

htturtles_zps1e8bcc37.jpg

This seriously made my heart jump. I would be all over these...

Sallah

Do you realize how much happiness I would have if this were real. I would literally run singing turtle power. Omg why can't somebody do this!!!!! I need this!!! What's that fig from anyway.

Repainted a Michaelangelo (please ignore some of the rough paint on the edges as that's been touched up):

null_zpsa76ee26d.jpg

null_zps3d3f04e9.jpg

null_zps25519015.jpg

null_zps7171e671.jpg

I'm loving the new show! Anyone see Snakeweed, Baxter Stockman or Leatherhead yet?

Still haven't figured out if I should grab a set of KO Neca's from asia yet haha, I'd prefer the real ones even at a premium, but tbh if I didn't know the KO's were KO I probably wouldn't mind them :lol

Back