TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not believe so. They were debuted at SDCC last week and we are still waiting for preorders to be available on many items shown.

These looked amazing in person...

20220721_154848.jpg

Those look nice. Was Shredder ever drawn in that same style by that artist? I'd like a Shredder in that style, and I don't mean the weird clone looking ones, just a regular Shredder.

Yes, he was. The new Turtles, Zog the Triceraton, and the Shredder Clones are all based on Return to New York which featured their final confrontation with Shredder so hopefully an update Mirage Shredder is in the near future for NECA.

Hello all,

I missed the boat considerably as I wasn't into collecting figures for most of my adult years until I've been in the position to do it and had kids that are starting to take an interest. Does anyone know if these sort of figures are due to be re-released? I really think they capture the feel of the cartoons well and I'm desperate to get a hold of them or something similar. I puchaced the Playmates retro re-issues ones for that nostalgia feeling but love the look of these ones.

s-l1600.png

If anyone knows where they or ones similar can be found that don't cost an absolute fortune, I'd appriciate it.

Hello all,

I missed the boat considerably as I wasn't into collecting figures for most of my adult years until I've been in the position to do it and had kids that are starting to take an interest. Does anyone know if these sort of figures are due to be re-released? I really think they capture the feel of the cartoons well and I'm desperate to get a hold of them or something similar. I puchaced the Playmates retro re-issues ones for that nostalgia feeling but love the look of these ones.

s-l1600.png

If anyone knows where they or ones similar can be found that don't cost an absolute fortune, I'd appriciate it.

You just missed the releases for two complete sets of Turtles, the Style Guide and Disguise sets.

But the Turtles do seem to get re-released regularly in one form or another as repaints, retools, or new themed sets.

The Disguise set was readily available so the prices on eBay weren’t terrible last I checked. I see many on eBay now with bids in the $100 range. You probably won’t pay much more for them over retail at the moment. Search “NECA disguise” and you’ll see several active listings.

That was an incredibly comprehensive set with a ton of accessories so I think it’s worth trying to get.

Otherwise you can try to wait till they make a new set again.

Popcultcha in Australia doesn’t have the Turtles but does have a lot of the past cartoon sets in stock. With the exchange rates and removal of the VAT, the prices are pretty much what you would’ve paid for them in the US. Shipping is very reasonable.

Last edited:
Did you buy a second set to display out-of-box or will these remained sealed eternally?

That would be great, but also super expensive since I'm a European collector and most of that stuff actually never reaches our distribution channels. So the answer is, no, they'll remain sealed.

You just missed the releases for two complete sets of Turtles, the Style Guide and Disguise sets.

But the Turtles do seem to get re-released regularly in one form or another as repaints, retools, or new themed sets.

The Disguise set was readily available so the prices on eBay weren’t terrible last I checked. I see many on eBay now with bids in the $100 range. You probably won’t pay much more for them over retail at the moment. Search “NECA disguise” and you’ll see several active listings.

That was an incredibly comprehensive set with a ton of accessories so I think it’s worth trying to get.

Otherwise you can try to wait till they make a new set again.

Popcultcha in Australia doesn’t have the Turtles but does have a lot of the past cartoon sets in stock. With the exchange rates and removal of the VAT, the prices are pretty much what you would’ve paid for them in the US. Shipping is very reasonable.

Ah that's a real shame. I'll live in hope they get re-released or some close variant appears in the near future. Seems strange they wouldn't capitalise on the popularity of Shredder's Revenge and have them in abundance.

I had a look for the ones you suggested. The disguise ones are still reasonably priced but don't come with weapons etc, otherwise I'd be all over them. The Style Guide ones though are extortionate. I'm in the UK and we don't seem to get much stock of anything here.

Ah. That changes things :LOL:. Hunt to find one without massive import tax now! Thank you

That would be great, but also super expensive since I'm a European collector and most of that stuff actually never reaches our distribution channels. So the answer is, no, they'll remain sealed.
i gotta warn you, some of the figures sit really tight on the tray like bebop and rocksteady. i got them when released and the extra hands and shoulder armor was so tight on the tray that it left some glossy stain on the contact areas. probably why some of the packaging were replaced with rubberbands (which imo is worse that the trays) as the band will turn into dust and eat the paint up after many years. i need to find time to take complete krang out as it is held on by bands

i gotta warn you, some of the figures sit really tight on the tray like bebop and rocksteady. i got them when released and the extra hands and shoulder armor was so tight on the tray that it left some glossy stain on the contact areas. probably why some of the packaging were replaced with rubberbands (which imo is worse that the trays) as the band will turn into dust and eat the paint up after many years. i need to find time to take complete krang out as it is held on by bands

That's unfortunate. I'll keep them boxed nevertheless. But thank you for the heads up.

Back