TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever, I just won't watch this turd. I'll just stick with the IDW series. That alone makes up for all the garbage TMNT stuff they've given us like this, bayturtles, and next mutation.

I liked the most recent Nick series that ran from '12 to '17. Clearly aimed at a slightly younger audience, but they got the characters right and I got used to the look. :yess:

Then I heard they ended the series and would reboot with a new one, for even younger viewers. :dunno

Now I see this, Turtles is dead to me again. :slap

...Then I heard they ended the series and would reboot with a new one, for even younger viewers. :dunno

Now I see this, Turtles is dead to me again. :slap
My two year old son isn’t growing up watching these new turtles. He’ll be watching the 80s cartoon series and the original movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never got into the 2k3 turtles but the 2012 show was actually pretty good and respectful of the franchise. It was annoying how parents complained about it being too violent at times. I liked mossy of the toys too. Im not buying anything this crap except any ooze they make.

I wager it gets one season, or gets cancelled before the whole season can air; all based on that single photo.

I never got into the 2k3 turtles but the 2012 show was actually pretty good and respectful of the franchise. It was annoying how parents complained about it being too violent at times. I liked mossy of the toys too. Im not buying anything this crap except any ooze they make.

In my opinion the 2012 series doesn't hold a candle to how great the 2003 series was. It had so much in common with the original comic series.

That all being said, this new series looks like hot garbage. The Turtles aren't even the same species of Turtle anymore, so apparently they aren't blood related. Raph is a snapping Turtle and now the leader of the team lol.

It's a shame some kids first experience with Ninja Turtles will be this mess.

Story will make or break this show.

transformers animated looked weird too, but has one of the best storytelling of the series.

THAT SAID, rumor is this is going to be like Teen Titans Go. So YMMV

I’ve never seen the 2003 series. I own the Gamecube games based on it. I’m going to have to look into that one, based on some of the responses in this thread. The only reason I gave the 2012 series a chance was because my daughter was seven years old when it debuted. So I watched the premiere and decided it would be alright for her. She loved it and we watched the first two seasons as they aired. Good times!

I’ve never seen the 2003 series. I own the Gamecube games based on it. I’m going to have to look into that one, based on some of the responses in this thread. The only reason I gave the 2012 series a chance was because my daughter was seven years old when it debuted. So I watched the premiere and decided it would be alright for her. She loved it and we watched the first two seasons as they aired. Good times!

In my opinion and by far the best TMNT show between the cartoons is the 2003 TV series. It is violent, funny, dark when needed. Also shredder has a twist but he is badass and cruel as ****.

Last edited:
Toy-Fair-2018-NECA-TMNT-010.jpg

them foot soldiers from the SDCC 2017 going for a lot of $$$ now a days.

Anyone know why the DreamEX Raph is impossible to find, even on eBay? Don't seem to have an issue finding the others.

Found that weird to. Got one tho. He’s even sold out on bbts while the others are in stock. Weird indeed. But he is the most popular turtle

Found that weird to. Got one tho. He’s even sold out on bbts while the others are in stock. Weird indeed. But he is the most popular turtle
It's dumb but you're right, and I'm willing to bet that collectors who didn't plan on buying all the Turtles figured Raphael alone would suffice to represent the series.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

In my opinion and by far the best TMNT show between the cartoons is the 2003 TV series. It is violent, funny, dark when needed. Also shredder has a twist but he is badass and cruel as ****.
I honestly like the nickeloden ones the best. Yes, they are aimed more towards kids, but what I really like is how they made all the turtles very distinct from each other not just in their personality, but physically as well. I also like this version of Splinter out of any other. Also, April is not just some helpless character getting in trouble all the time. One of the things I really liked is that they tried to represent almost all of the characters from past TMNT shows and movies in some form, even the bald guy from the first movie.

And it gets kind of dark later on.

Back