ThunderCats Classics by Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prices are now $30 each sub and $35 day of sale! Matty getting ridiculous!

Prices are now $30 each sub and $35 day of sale! Matty getting ridiculous!

They could price themselves right out of a sub before they even get started. I can't wait to see them say there was a change in management and they had to increase prices as a result. It doesn't make sense that MOTU figures are getting cheaper and these are getting more expensive.

I don't know the source of this information, but Toyark is reporting that the subscription has dropped Grune and Jaga. I don't know if this is a timing issue where they are behind schedule and would not be able to get those figures out by the end of the year or if they are trying to keep the total cost down in the first year. Below is the link and the revised release schedule:

Mattel Thundercats Subscription Update - The Toyark - News

Lion-O (09/16)
Jackalman (10/16)
Pumyra (11/16)
Mumm-Ra (Subscription-only figure, 11/16)
Panthro (12/16)

If you go to the sub order page that is the figures they list. Looks like they won't have them ready for a July release, so they had to drop two figures.

It is a good thing the MOTUC subs went through before they had a chance to jack up the prices. So much for the new lower pricing.

I still see nothing on Tcats on the site, if I search..no items. Subscriptions page..nothing:lecture

Don't know where Toysark is getting their information

UPDATE #2: So the Mattel page has updated once again indicating enrollment for the Thundercats Club Third Earth Subscription service will go live starting tomorrow 1/15/16 at 9 a.m. PT thru 2/26/16 at 11:59 p.m. PT. The list of figures included in this years sub has changed as well as Grune and Jaga have been removed.

Lion–O (09/16)
Jackalman (10/16)
Pumyra (11/16)
Panthro (12/16)
Club-exclusive: MummRa

Boooooo I was looking forward to a Jaga

$30 an action figure is ridiculous

I remember when these were $6.99

So Mattel manages to disappoint once again. Two figures are now REMOVED from the sub, and now the price has been jacked up. You know what though, it doesn't matter. Mattel knows all too well that a certain majority of collectors are going to gladly accept the reaming. What is it they are so fond of saying? "Take my money, please!" Even now, history is once again repeating itself, With Digital River, plaguing the 2016 MOTUC line, and it's the same old panic as always. When are fans going to learn to call it quits and vote with their wallets? ... Oh yeah, never.

This Thundercats line is a joke. So for now they will only let you preorder if you pay $30 for the monthly subscription offer

And you have to wait until Sept to order them without a subscription

Last edited:
This is why I dropped MOTUC like a bad habit… which it was, lol.

Seriously they take $30 automatically from you now, and then they still automatically charge you $30 when each figure is released per month after sept :lecture

You you choose the single Third Earth subscription they won't charge you each month but they won't ship any out individually and then ship out all the figures as one order in Dec

Once you subscribe you can't cancel membership

Last edited:
I'm calling it

Jaga
Grune

are the SDCC 2016 Exclusives

I did sub the single pay option, I'm not sure if they billed me the total amount at once?
But, total after shipping to Canada comes out to $195 USD and with our ****** dollar .... almost $300 eeks (for 5 figures)

Sigh. I was so hyped for this line. Now...not so sure. I did their ghostbusters subs and it seemed like there were always problems or things getting pushed back or cancelled. This sub looked great, then the enrollment date didn't happen. Then they dropped two figures. Then they jacked up the prices. It's all looking very bad. I'll have to really think about if i'm going to do this. If it were anybody but Matty i'd be in, but their halfassedness gives me pause.

I wish we could have seen the lineup before subscribing

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I wish we could have seen the lineup before subscribing

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Next Year

God willing this extends into 2017 but I hope they are successful to launch a second year of subs with the following characters

Mumma-Ra (unleashed) with Ma-Mutt
Cheetara
Ben Gali
WilyKit & WilyKat
Snarf
Tygra
Slithe
Monkian
Vultureman

and I'm good

The price is giving me pause on this one. Plus, I don't think I need a huge Thundercats line. Plus, I'm so sick of dealing with Digital River's crap. I sort of want to cherry pick, but the price and shipping makes that hard to do.

Back