Thulsa doom and thorgrim WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shocktrooper_au

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi, I started a few threads up lately featuring different projects, But have decided to place them all in the same thread. I've just started sculpting so will post all my future creations & custom paint ups in here (hopefully starting with indiana shortly. Hopefully over time you will all see my work evolve & grow.
thanks for looking.

First off here are some of the sculpts I've done in the last week, already i'm seeing some improvement though a long way to go.

My first attempt was Boddicker from Robocop (can already see a need to update :p ) then onto Merry & Pippin the hair will be the challenge for these two (any tips?) then finally Tarkin all are WIP

Last edited:
Re: Shocktrooper's head sculpts & paint ups WIP

NIce !!
Keep going !!

Id love to see Boddicker with his round glasses on :)

Russ

Hey Boddiker looks great!! Look fwd to seeing more pics of that one!

Thanks for the comments...
Well I had my 1st go at casting today (tarkin), crossing my fingers that the resin will set well for the morning. Fortunately I managed to recover the master from the mold with no damage. Hope this is a sign of things to come.
Boddiker will probably be remade as it was my 1st attempt, I managed to get a lot more detail into tarkin esp the eyes (still not enough)

Can't wait to see the updated Boddicker... honestly the first looked great. So really can't wait to see a V2 :rock

Well the results of my first cast are back & I give it a 90% success,
there are some air bubbles etc, but with a little more care with the first application of latex this should be an easy fix, also the resin hadn't quite set fully on the hair (bugga).
But I'll give the cast a clean up and give it a test paint to see if it actually looks more like tarkin painted :). Overall it went well and that first scary attempt is now behind me & I have a bit better idea of what I'm trying to do.
I'll let it fully set, paint up and post some pics
thanks for looking!

OK a little quiet here today so I thought I'd do another one.
here is the start of Piett

Just did some photoshop, eyes & brightness & contrast, what do you think?

Your Piett sculpt looks very good! I recognized him immediately.

Hi, just a little update
Well I decided to paint up the Piett I sculpted (this is just the base flesh tones)
I hope to blend the paint a bit more then add the details, dark wash on hair etc, overall I'm pleased and yes the SSC cloth Imperial hat fits perfect! :google While the sculpt is not perfect I think I'm overall happy with the look and when looked at from a couple of steps back makes for a good 1/6 figure.
just to note the actual actor did have a little more hair on top, I figured that it will never not wear the hat so skimped on the hair Sorry!
Sorry for the crap photo's & thanks for looking

feedback welcome

Small update,
here is my refined Piett as it was a bit bumpy before and also my Veers head sculpt which fits nicely into the Hasbro ATST driver's helmet. Both are 1/6 scale
Please click to see larger images

Ok another sculpt today, I got inspired by all the Dr Who threads around
And Dr Who was probably my first voyage into fandom before Star Wars
Here's a Tom Baker with no hair I've started

Hi, more heads still on the Dr who subject, please excuse me pumping these out, but they are more of a self training exercise at this stage rather then serious attempts as I'm just doing them quickly in order to see some improvement and gain some experience.
Please find attached Davros and the 9th?? Dr Who originals top mine beneath, Davros is looking so good to me I want to go ahead and make a full custom of him.

Hi, more heads still on the Dr who subject, please excuse me pumping these out, but they are more of a self training exercise at this stage rather then serious attempts as I'm just doing them quickly in order to see some improvement and gain some experience.
Please find attached Davros and the 9th?? Dr Who originals top mine beneath, Davros is looking so good to me I want to go ahead and make a full custom of him.

no no! don't apologise for Doctor Who sculpts, its wonderful to see someone else carrying the torch for the Doctor in forums based around Alien and Predator and Terminator and so on lol
I must say that Davros and 9 are very impressive too, all three of your chosen Who subjects are exceptionally hard to get right so well done for doing them as well as you have lol
I myself am a MASSIVE Whovian it must be said and have sculpted many a Doctor or two, and I'm only 17 which seems to amaze some people :S not sure why
anyway, I've sculpted Tom atleast a dozen times and still feel hes stupidly hard to get right lol he's got so many little subtles in his face does he not?
REALLY hope you don't mind me doing this, but this in a pic of latest and hopefully last Baker sculpt
https://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m103/tombaker369/DSCF2794.jpg
keep on sculpting old thing, because I think there's just not enough Doctor Who sculpts out there lol

Thanks your Tom Baker looks fantastic, it certainly is a challenge this sculpting caper

Hey any new pics of Boddicker??

Hi, update here..
Finally started to paint the Veers and also here's where the 1st Boddicker ended up. Paint is still WIP many more layers yet

Back