Throne Of The Slayer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'd also love a Wesley and/or Giles, but as neither look good in mini skirt I know thats not likely to happen any time soon. :lol
:lol :lol :lol

Thing is If they're as dodgy with the likeness as this Buffy, then it'll just look like some bloke on a plinth, and that won't appeal to anyone, myself included.

:(

So am i the only one in here that owns this that thinks the likeness is pretty good?

I = Fail :( :D

So am i the only one in here that owns this that thinks the likeness is pretty good?

I = Fail :( :D

I think the likeness is actually VERY good. But depending on the angle from which you look at her she might look like a doped or brainwashed-about-to-drool Buffy... but still Buffy after all.

I think the likeness is actually VERY good. But depending on the angle from which you look at her she might look like a doped or brainwashed-about-to-drool Buffy... but still Buffy after all.

I agree.

Just received it this morning and I was most impressed by the throne. Absolutely amazing piece of sculpting there, and the finish is really was set it apart. Buffy is great too - the only thing I would have preferred is for her to have more of a mischievous, playful expression. But I'm really quibbling there. Mostly, I'm really, really extatic: my first ever Buffyverse statue :yess:

I agree.

Just received it this morning and I was most impressed by the throne. Absolutely amazing piece of sculpting there, and the finish is really was set it apart. Buffy is great too - the only thing I would have preferred is for her to have more of a mischievous, playful expression. But I'm really quibbling there. Mostly, I'm really, really extatic: my first ever Buffyverse statue :yess:

Congrats, aria! May the Slayer on Throne be the first of many to come :clap

She can't be doing very well if she is still in stock....Does that worry anyone else?

Not in the least. Stellar pics are just starting to being posted on various statue and hobby forums. People are appearing quite pleasantly surprised and are only now deciding to pull the trigger. I have no worries for this one. In time, this will be a sought after item. This will especially be the case if the other statues in this line look as good.

C'mon Faith!! We're waitin' for ya!

#20 arrived yesterday. I like it a lot. Hair could be better and the eye makeup is a little dark under her eyes, but overall very cool.

Well, she arrived and I was thrilled! Everything looked mint....

until...

I went to put the styrofoam away and what do I find? A tooth....A fang....FROM THE CHAIR!!! :( I've got to call Sideshow and see if I can get a replacement chair. I was so close on this one. I love it, but I can't live with that.

I'm calling SSC now!

Well, she arrived and I was thrilled! Everything looked mint....

until...

I went to put the styrofoam away and what do I find? A tooth....A fang....FROM THE CHAIR!!! :( I've got to call Sideshow and see if I can get a replacement chair. I was so close on this one. I love it, but I can't live with that.

I'm calling SSC now!

That sucks Chap hope you got it sorted out fast. :)

Just Received Throne of the Slayer

I've got to admit, I was one of the biggest naysayers after I ordered my Buffy: Throne of the Slayer. For the longest time, I felt they got the sculpt all wrong, but then I saw the updated pics on Sideshow. I don't know if they toyed with the sculpt or its all in the paint, but I really dig it now.

These were taken with my phone this morning, so they aren't the best quality. I'll try to update once I've gotten better pix. It looks much better in person, but you'll at least get an idea.

IMG_0026-1.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

Honestly, it reminds me of the Angel PF. Some people will like it, some will hate it. Like with Angel's portrait, I feel it works better from different angles.

Re: Just Received Throne of the Slayer

Looks great and I will be getting mine soon. Sideshow last time I looked still have the exclusive edition!

Re: Just Received Throne of the Slayer

Looks great! I am hoping UPS doesn't sneak away with mine today like they did yesterday!

How much was shipping on this from Sideshow?
I am in the US on the East Coast.

I ask because I really want to get it. I have a good amount of reward points that I can use but wanted to know about how much I am looking at before I order.

Back