Throne Of The Slayer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my notice now but $48 shipping to the uk and Silver Surfer shipping only cost $42 :lol

Oh well at least it will be here next week. :rock

Nice haul.

Can we have more pics of scale comparison eg. next to another pf ?

I actually like it a lot more than I thought I would. The likeness is much better in person than in photos. It's really huge too as you see in the comparison with the 1/6 and ET piece. The detail on the throne is very cool and whether you agree that Buffy in an evil throne is character faithful, it still conveys the right attitude of the character. I don't buy many fully sculpted pieces, but I'll probably get all the ones in this series.

I have mixed feelings. I don't think she looks as good as I expected. I hope I'm happy with her in person...

I have mixed feelings. I don't think she looks as good as I expected. I hope I'm happy with her in person...

I think this is one of those statues that will look better in person than it does in pics.

I think this is one of those statues that will look better in person than it does in pics.

Yeah, it looks like it. I might as well be happy with her in person, having paid $100+ in shipping costs... I will force myself to love it, no matter what :pray:

Well, the more I look at your pictures, Dave, the more I am convinced she'll be awesome in person. I thought she looked weird in the first picture, wasn't sure about the shape of the head and her face painting apps. But it's only a matter of perspective and lighting. She looks fantastic in the rest of the pics. Thanks for sharing!!

She looks good in this pic.

buff6.jpg

However, in this pic, well, yeesh....

Weird, how that is sometimes...

P.S. Thanks for posting pics, Dave!

Last edited:
wow me likey, the shading under her eyes makes her look a little sick, but i think its quite a nice piece. i love the pose and the throne is very very nice :D
love how she will sit on the edge of a shelf too lol

BTW, shipping charges for me were $72.34 (not including taxes). I think I won't be able to afford any more pieces in the line...

My shipping charges were exactly the same. Actually, I was surprised that it wasn't more than that - if you buy it through a third party living in the US, it would more likely approach (or exceed) the $100 for a statue that big and heavy, and that's by USPS Priority.....

Oh, and thank you so much for the pictures Dave, they are fantastic. I've always liked the throne setup, and I'm happy to see it turned out at least as well as I had hoped :yess:

Can't wait to see it in person!

My shipping charges were exactly the same. Actually, I was surprised that it wasn't more than that - if you buy it through a third party living in the US, it would more likely approach (or exceed) the $100 for a statue that big and heavy, and that's by USPS Priority.....

Oh, and thank you so much for the pictures Dave, they are fantastic. I've always liked the throne setup, and I'm happy to see it turned out at least as well as I had hoped :yess:

Can't wait to see it in person!

My last PF statue's (RotLA Indy) shipping charges were $60, so I was shocked when I found out that the Throne would cost me 72. But I still prefer buying these expensive items directly from Sideshow, using flexpay, than getting them from a third party and paying the whole thing at once. It's so hard being a collector outside the US :gah:

olvidadero, sideshow let you use flexpay even tough you live in Spain? I got denied flexpay, and I figured that was because I live outside of the US.

Anyone got any idea what the rules for flexpay are?

olvidadero, sideshow let you use flexpay even tough you live in Spain? I got denied flexpay, and I figured that was because I live outside of the US.

Anyone got any idea what the rules for flexpay are?

I have no idea, I've always used flexpay on the PF I've purchased.

I just got a call from FedEx and they told me I need to pay $100 in taxes and handling fees. Thus, getting the Throne has cost me $250+72+100= $422 :slap

I definitely have to stop collecting this line. It's a sad day for me :monkey2

I have no idea, I've always used flexpay on the PF I've purchased.

I just got a call from FedEx and they told me I need to pay $100 in taxes and handling fees. Thus, getting the Throne has cost me $250+72+100= $422 :slap

I definitely have to stop collecting this line. It's a sad day for me :monkey2

Bloody hell that sucks that you're getting charged so much in fee's and shipping. :(

Haha. I had canceled my Ex last week through lack of funds. However, after seeing the pics and finding that the Ex was still available on Flexi-pay I bit the bullet and re-ordered the Ex again.:)

I am very interested to see in hand pics of this next to one of the Buffy Premium Format figures.

I think it looks pretty good, although I am much more a fan of the mixed media PF concept than the full sculpt. This one is tempting me though...

Back