ThreeZero Toys: 1:6 AMC's The Walking Dead Michonne's Pet Walkers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ThreeZero Toys: 1:6 AMC's The Walking Dead

Go ahead and email threezero and ask if they have likeness rights to Joel Kinnaman. That's what we're discussing here. Not which headsculpt the figure comes with.

Likeness rights or no, that Kinnaman HS 2.0 is a real bummer. It sucks for Robo 2014 fans, but I don't care for the movie, so it's not that big of a deal to me. If ThreeZero screws up Rick, Daryl and Michonne, et al., however, it'll have an insurrection on its hands. :lol

Go ahead and email threezero and ask if they have likeness rights to Joel Kinnaman. That's what we're discussing here. Not which headsculpt the figure comes with.
i did and they haven't responded, even posted the same question on their Facebook page

I don't know ... Not to keep derailing the thread, but I think that actually might be the same Robo 2014 sculpt. It's a pretty terrible paint job. (And possibly a bad casting.) And I think it's photographed from a slightly different angle so it's making the nose look different. But I think it's the same sculpt. Just goes to show what a difference poor paint can make.

(EDIT: If they were tweaking it because they didn't have the Kinnaman likeness rights, they'd have done a lot more to change it. It still resembles him too much for a Legal Department to sign off on.)

I'm not interested in Robo 2014, but this has me more concerned about whether their factory paint might hobble likenesses from a line I do plan to collect ... The Walking Dead. We've seen pictures of their really nice Daryl and Merle sculpts, but bad paint could really go a long way toward wiping that out.

Last edited:

Swedish & Bucky, I think we're well within bounds for going OT a little since there's such a lack of updates, and nothing else to talk about here :lol. But the way that this issue is on topic is I'm sure all of us Dead-heads are now worried about the TWD production pieces falling that far form the proto.

And both of you guys make good points. Sometimes the actor/agent/studio may want certain changes made. I also initially thought the same exact thing; that it was the same sculpt and bad angle/lighting/paint made it appear different, or there was some type of deformation in the production process. It's not that far off in likeness and if it were a license issue, I'd think they'd have to make it further from the mark than that.

Even though I have no interest in that fig, it's still not the type of thing I want to see from this company because now I'm fearfully waiting to see how The Dead line will look in production

i did and they haven't responded, even posted the same question on their Facebook page

That's the million $ question. Let us know if they answer!!

Look at the Game of Thrones stuff instead of Robocop. I don't think the change in sculpt has anything to do with a production process and I don't think there's any need to panic.

Also look at Nathan Drake. It's possible for 1 isolated release to somehow get f'd up, and doesn't mean that everything a company produces will have the same issue

Look at the Game of Thrones stuff instead of Robocop. I don't think the change in sculpt has anything to do with a production process and I don't think there's any need to panic.

Also look at Nathan Drake. It's possible for 1 isolated release to somehow get f'd up, and doesn't mean that everything a company produces will have the same issue

Excellent points.

I'm not in panic-mode. Not by a long shot. I'm still in for this line. But this does cause me a little concern. We've all seen things go sideways between protos and factory pieces. I'm just a little nervous because realistic human likenesses haven't traditionally been ThreeZero's focus. So both the GoT and WD lines may be a bumpy ride QC-wise.

But I'm keeping all my crossables firmly crossed that things go smoothly!

I don't know ... Not to keep derailing the thread, but I think that actually might be the same Robo 2014 sculpt. It's a pretty terrible paint job. (And possibly a bad casting.) And I think it's photographed from a slightly different angle so it's making the nose look different. But I think it's the same sculpt. Just goes to show what a difference poor paint can make.

(EDIT: If they were tweaking it because they didn't have the Kinnaman likeness rights, they'd have done a lot more to change it. It still resembles him too much for a Legal Department to sign off on.)

I'm not interested in Robo 2014, but this has me more concerned about whether their factory paint might hobble likenesses from a line I do plan to collect ... The Walking Dead. We've seen pictures of their really nice Daryl and Merle sculpts, but bad paint could really go a long way toward wiping that out.
yeah, several people have said that so it might just be me freaking out over nothing. I also wonder if 3zero understands english enough to know what im asking on which sculpt they will be using. I do find it weird that one pic is on the order page and the other pic is on facebook, but none of the pics are on both sites
That's the million $ question. Let us know if they answer!!
will do
it looks like they didnt change anything on the pets from proto to release so thats re-assuring!
to keep this thread on topic, i will post any future coorespondence on the general figure thread i have opened on this topic
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-official-license-rights-actors-likeness.html
sorry for derailment

Last edited:

Most companies don't show anything till the figure is up for preorder, while I too love seeing WiP's in fairness to ThreeZero, they don't have to show us anything, getting those work in progress pics are a kind gesture, not an obligation.

Umm, you're reading to far into it. I never suggested, implied or assumed they had any "obligation" to post pics. I asked are they really too busy to do so. Not an out of bounds question to ask considering the company started down this road of posting progress pics...now they just stopped because apparently they have bigger licenses to serve right now.

Comment is based on the Intel one of the Freaks got from a ThreeZero rep at one of the cons...in case you were wondering.

I hated David Morrissey as the Governor. I'd rather his slot be used up by someone else.
For me,TV Governor > Comic Governor. At least Season 3 Gov.

The comic governor was one of the most ****ed up comic villains of all time but he was so over the top some times I had to laugh. Morrisey added realism, and came off more believable. He was the best part about S3......and some of the worst for S4. :lol

The comic governor was one of the most ****ed up comic villains of all time but he was so over the top some times I had to laugh. Morrisey added realism, and came off more believable. He was the best part about S3......and some of the worst for S4. :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think including that whole deal would have been pushing it, even for TWD. And like fiend said, some of it might have come across as over the top. Of course they could be saving that moment to rework into the show in the future, possibly to use with a new villian we might see in the next few seasons.

I couldn't stand Comic Gov, and it has less to do with disgust and more to do with how ridiculously over-the-top the character was. I thought Morrissey gave a level of sophistication to his portrayal and I absolutely loved it.

I personally thought that Season 4 Gov was one of the best parts of the season, being at his lowest he thought he wanted another family only to revert to his crazy paranoia and past bad habits. Now I feel like I'm the only who enjoyed his character in Season 4. :lol

I think including that whole deal would have been pushing it, even for TWD. And like fiend said, some of it might have come across as over the top. Of course they could be saving that moment to rework into the show in the future, possibly to use with a new villian we might see in the next few seasons.

Yup, spot on.

I loved the governor and knew it was not going to happen but was pulling for him to win out.

How long is Three Zero taking to put these Walking dead Figures out?????? All i see is robots robots robots its like hot toys and iron man :mad:

We need a crazy bearded Rick Grimes now!
I'm diggin' his look in this past season.
But anything from them would be better than SILENCE!

Back