ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, Brienne. I might buy her too. After she fought her guys out against the hound she earned a place on tbe shelf.

This looks great! I wonder if it will have an exclusive like Ned Stark...maybe his helmet.

EX chicken

2a0c68996ab3a9514d74d38cec4ce840-gif-of-the-day-the-hound-does-the-chicken-dance.gif

The "Coming Soon" made me smile. more appropriate would be "Another figure that will need a replacement head sculpt and some aftermarket work." I would like Hound, but after Dany, Cersei, Tywin and a White Walker.

Why even buy them then

Its not that.. I dont get why people complain but still buy a figure.
They're not complaining about the figure specifically. They're complaining about threezero. And yes, threezero totally deserves criticism.

I'm buying this because I love Game of Thrones and The Hound, but it is a little odd that they're skipping over major characters despite the extremely slow release schedule. I would have preferred to have the major characters on my shelf first to make for a better display and get the minor characters later. A Jaime and Tyrion without Cersei is going to suck for the next few years we're inevitably going to be waiting for her. And Daenerys is one of the big three main characters, so it's weird that they skipped her.

They're not complaining about the figure specifically. They're complaining about threezero. And yes, threezero totally deserves criticism.

I'm buying this because I love Game of Thrones and The Hound, but it is a little odd that they're skipping over major characters despite the extremely slow release schedule. I would have preferred to have the major characters on my shelf first to make for a better display and get the minor characters later. A Jaime and Tyrion without Cersei is going to suck for the next few years we're inevitably going to be waiting for her. And Daenerys is one of the big three main characters, so it's weird that they skipped her.

They've never released a realistic female figure in any line. If they botched Daenerys it could kill the license. The Hound was a brilliant choice tomrevive interest if they can nail the sculpt and hair.

Even Hot Toys took a few female figures to get that right. Companies like Phicen still look like heads from ten years ago. ThreeZero's poor choice in sculpting talent with the GoT male heads means its unlikely they'll competently select from the even smaller rank of 1:6 artists who do female characters well. Actually they should just ignore the unlicensed sales and hire Sculpt4ever.

Was hoping for Danny, but I can't complain about getting the Hound, still hoping for a Danny, a Brienne, and a Ser Davos, but at the rate of release the show will be over before they get that far.

Did not see this coming. Very keen.

I was just thinking the other day which characters Threezero might get out before the show finishes and (I assume) interest in figures wanes.

Much prefer this over the rumoured white Walker.

Day one pre-order for me.

And yes, this also confirms that Threezero is scared of even touching female characters :rotfl

Any alleged release strategy for 3Z releasing figures may be giving them too much credit, unless the strategy is to release few or no figures so as to sour your own market reputation for 2 highly coveted licenses.

The smart thing about this release (beyond it being a figure a lot of people want) is that it seems to be easier for sculptors to capture faces with more "character" than those that are smoother and more "beautiful." (Those sculptors who do specialize in those kinds of faces are superstars, in my opinion.) But with the all his wrinkles, stubble and of course the extensive scarring, there are a lot more landmarks on the Hound's face for a sculptor to go from. So our odds of getting a convincing portrait should be pretty good. And as for the hair, they're much more likely to get that right in production, too, because it doesn't have to be styled or well-groomed. He's supposed to be a patchy, haggard mess, so it will be easier for them to pull off.

Looking forward to this one! Here's hoping for an eventual Brienne and Arya!

Back