ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope they get around to Denarys. We haven't heard anything about this line in a long time, and I'm starting to wonder if I should have jumped on that custom someone was doing a few months ago.

I don't think the length between announcements really means anything. At least it is moving faster than their Walking Dead line.

I think this line is still healthy. Last month, or maybe even this month, someone had posted on facebook about a reveal of another Game of Thrones figure and ThreeZero's reply was something along the lines of we are working on more Game of Thrones collectibles and will reveal them when they are ready.

Two figures a year for a cast this size is ridiculous imo. They managed to release all 4 Turtles from the first film and have already announced more figures from the new film.

It just seems so weird that they have 2 licences in Walking Dead and GoT that have so much to choose from, yet both are moving along at a snails pace.

Two figures a year for a cast this size is ridiculous imo. They managed to release all 4 Turtles from the first film and have already announced more figures from the new film.

It just seems so weird that they have 2 licences in Walking Dead and GoT that have so much to choose from, yet both are moving along at a snails pace.

ThreeZero really needs to lay off getting more licenses until they can keep up with what they've already got. What they've done to Walking Dead is downright shameful. We've seen a full Merle Prototype like 3 or 4 years ago and he never materialize but we got a Rick figure in an outfit that didn't even exist when they were working on a Rick Grimes figure. They also had Daryl and Michonne pieces too. And we've gotten 2 zombies right off the bat and a lone Rick years later from the zombies.

GoT, while slow, is at least more consistent. But yeah, with a main cast of a couple DOZEN characters, they really ought to be hitting this harder than they are. I honestly feel they are too small for their workload potential. They could be cranking thing out like Hot Toys if they were larger. I mean HT probably has a whole Iron Man sub-team alone. And it seems ThreeZero is snatching up any license they can, whether they should or not. Victor Frankenstein anyone? I don't think a single person requested that license or ordered the figure :lol

With GoT only ramping up more and more tonight, ThreeZero really ought to shift they focus and crank out a few more of these figures while the show is a hot property. Its being wasted on the likes of Funko's and McFarlane's bumbling already (both of who's products I bought and loved before they got the axe). No need to add a third bumbler to the mix.

Has there been any announcements about which character is being made after Jaime? I'm interested in this line but I want to know it's worth investing in. If Jaime ends up being the final figure and some other company picks up the license and does like 7 characters out the gate, I'll just wait.

Buy now or regret it later.

No one would ever come out with 7 figures out of the gate even if Threezero gave up the license after Jaime (and there're no indication that's going to happen).

Well 7 out of the gate is perhaps an exaggeration. I really just mean a firm commitment to the license and brand. Take Star Ace for example. It's clear that they're going deep and they've only been doing those Harry Potter figures a couple of years now. I want that only with game of thrones.

This has been a frustrating license. Releases have been slow. The figures are good but none have been home runs, and then there are frustrating things like the undersized Ghost. They can look better with customizing. I've got a replacement Jon head on route and will be sending it out for paint and hairing. If that turns out well, I'll see what can be done with Tyrion and Ned. Too bad there's not a great Sean Bean head sculpt out there. I kind of get the feeling GoT would have been better served with another producer like Asmus or Star Ace. It's been two years and only three figures have been released in that time. I have no idea why ThreeZero moves at such a glacial pace with such a hot license (not to mention TWD), but hopefully they will wow everyone at SDCC. Of course I'm hoping that for every company holding a license for a line I'm interested in.

No one would ever come out with 7 figures out of the gate even if Threezero gave up the license after Jaime (and there're no indication that's going to happen).

Which is such a pity, because what they're doing with TWD and GoT is basically filibustering those licenses. One can only imagine what this line could have been in the hands of another company really committed to do it justice, but I guess that at this point our only hope are going to be customs projects and unlicensed figures.

Cersei with red dress and long blonder hair is much more iconic though. I think GoT line is not enough demands thus why they slow it down

**** Threezero. Squandering all the licenses they snap up. Don't get hyped for any kind of reveals from them at SDCC. It'll just be Mazinger and Titanfall ****e.

Back