ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roose would be epic. Also Robert's rebellion is in the works as a show or movie and same with Tales of Dunk and Egg

Where did you get that info? I know Martin at one point speculated that they could do Dunk & Egg as movies, but HBO hasn't indicated that they'd be up for that. And I haven't seen any info about Robert's Rebellion on any level except on fans' wishlists. I want it to be true, to be sure! :pray: But I'm pretty sure it's not happening. :(

At least not yet.

Maybe things will change a year from now.

(Here's a suggestion ... work in Roberts' Rebellion episodes into the actual show. That could eat up some time and several episodes and give Martin a bit more time that way. They haven't done flashbacks yet on the show, but I understand they're working some in this season. Just an idea!)

Lisa Arryn and Littlefinger were the start of the hill and Ned was their pawn. I think a Littlefinger figure is also essential to the line up as one of the most influential characters in the series.

Ned is the head of the Stark family, who really are one of the 3 major families in Westeros. Stark, Targaryen and Lannister are the major focus of the series.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

and Baratheon

I can't provide a single link as I'm getting that certainty from a combination of interviews with George and details on his hbo contract but in interviews and some of his book readings he's strongly insinuated Tales of Dunk and Egg will be made as a series (the last article said he was in "talks") and that Robert's Rebellion is technically a part of Game of thrones so it's included in the current deal if they choose to do it (I guess a sort of prequel season to give George time to finish, ALSO George stated he would be adapting tales of dunk and egg personally).

I know its not set in stone but the fact that GAME OF THRONES, a huge book series that was definitely a risk, was adapted successfully and the ridiculous popularity, ratings, and awards won make it seem like a no brainer (again, especially given that they've already begun discussing as of 2013). Few days ago the showrunners gave an interview talking about how HBO wants to see more game of thrones/westeros stuff. HBO Wants

So my conclusion is it'll happen and we won't have to wait longer than 5 years. I don't think its being hopeful I think its being a realist. *Also, they never showed scenes they did of the Mad King so I'm betting this is so they can do justice as a separate season*
Where did you get that info? I know Martin at one point speculated that they could do Dunk & Egg as movies, but HBO hasn't indicated that they'd be up for that. And I haven't seen any info about Robert's Rebellion on any level except on fans' wishlists. I want it to be true, to be sure! :pray: But I'm pretty sure it's not happening. :(

At least not yet.

Maybe things will change a year from now.

(Here's a suggestion ... work in Roberts' Rebellion episodes into the actual show. That could eat up some time and several episodes and give Martin a bit more time that way. They haven't done flashbacks yet on the show, but I understand they're working some in this season. Just an idea!)

Ive been talking about a Roberts rebellion film or even a series of books for a long time. I love whenever details of it pop up in the books. It wouldn't work though. The ongoing story needs to be completed.

As far as the fan theories go ,some are really out there, but the one on Jon Snows mommy I'm certain will turn out to be true . There are other clues other than what was posted in those spoiler tags earlier too. You just have to have a sharp eye for the details. Trust me.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

I can't provide a single link as I'm getting that certainty from a combination of interviews with George and details on his hbo contract but in interviews and some of his book readings he's strongly insinuated Tales of Dunk and Egg will be made as a series (the last article said he was in "talks") and that Robert's Rebellion is technically a part of Game of thrones so it's included in the current deal if they choose to do it (I guess a sort of prequel season to give George time to finish, ALSO George stated he would be adapting tales of dunk and egg personally).

I know its not set in stone but the fact that GAME OF THRONES, a huge book series that was definitely a risk, was adapted successfully and the ridiculous popularity, ratings, and awards won make it seem like a no brainer (again, especially given that they've already begun discussing as of 2013). Few days ago the showrunners gave an interview talking about how HBO wants to see more game of thrones/westeros stuff. HBO Wants

So my conclusion is it'll happen and we won't have to wait longer than 5 years. I don't think its being hopeful I think its being a realist. *Also, they never showed scenes they did of the Mad King so I'm betting this is so they can do justice as a separate season*

Oh, I'm not saying it doesn't make sense. It totally does. On every possible level. It's just we haven't heard any of this for sure yet. HBO hasn't confirmed anything beyond finishing the GoT story. (Well, technically, they haven't greenlit anything past Season 6.) I'm sure we'll get eight or nine seasons to cover the seven eventual books. Beyond that, while I'm sure HBO would like to stay in the Westeros/GRRM business, I'm just not counting any chickens until they've hatched. Things can slide sideways in this business in a hurry. It's hugely popular right now, but who knows where the audience will be four seasons from now. So, yeah, for me it's still just hope ... until it's not.

That said, I think we'll know more about their plans by the end of this season. If they're going to throw in material from Robert's Rebellion or D&E to give GRRM time to write, then it would have to happen in Season 6 since they'll be pretty well caught up to him by then.

I've heard about talks of a Dunk & Egg series but nothing concrete. I haven't heard anything of the Rebellion. As far as sandwiching the Rebellion into this series I just don't see it. That would be fine for us book lovers but I think that would be very jarring for the majority of the the strictly show watchers. Not to mention story-wise that would be like hitting a brick wall. I said it before I'll say it again, I don't have an issue with the show runners doing there own thing. Just as long as it doesn't spoil anything from the book, which I don't think it would.
The series will surpass the books and that's all there is to it. I mean, Sansa's story is already up to date! So everything this upcoming season has is new material from the writers of the show.

Sansa still has a little catching up to do, it's just that everything left for her is dull lol.

I think they will stretch out Dany's story this season as they kind of raced her along last season. Also, they can and will likely devote a lot of this season and perhaps next to the Kingsmoot and the other Kraken stuff, Tyrion's travels and the sandsnakes, Oakheart and Myrcella. They haven't touched that stuff yet, let alone all the fun things with Cersei.

What really surprised me last season was how they just bounced over almost a book's worth of Bran's stuff and eliminated Coldhands.

Anyway, depending how they tell it I can easily see two season's worth of story there without having to stray from the books much.

tumblr_n5ymjbxIyh1s8kxvlo2_500.gif

Robin Arryn's biting it this season, right? I can't hardly wait. :mwaha

I believe Oakheart is out... as well as Arianne Martell. It's a shame because I liked that little sub plot.

Kingsmoot is not this season. Maybe next season. Maybe never.

I believe Tyrion's travels will be greatly truncated. No Penny. No Young Griff.

From what we have seen in the trailers, I think the showrunners are going off book and are placing Sansa at Ramsey's wedding. It would make sense to invite House Arryn to the proceedings.

Be aware there will be way more "book bouncing" this season than ever before. Jaime is going to Dorne and not Riverrun.

I think with all that they seem to be cutting out, they will be as good as done with Dance with Dragons by the end of this season.

^^^^^^Yup. Were going to be seeing some blending of storylines and characters and somethings completely ommited. And I sure hope they're not planning on spreading Dragons out to two seasons! We might see some Greyjoy stuff and of course Bran next season but all other storylines are caught up. I also don't see them bringing in Oakenfart either and I don't think we'll see Young Griff at all. And as far as I
I can remember Sansa is caught up.Even if Winds of Winter comes out next year production on season 6 will already be done.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Tyrion also arrived today as well for me! An outstanding figure minus the hands, many thanks to those encouraging words saying pick him up! A great figure to start the line off with.

Couple more... I'm really liking this figure... but agree with everyone else here... the hands are a disappointment. But it is priced quite a bit than Hot Toys though.
DSC01284.jpg
DSC01287.jpg

Digging those shots, ROCKYTL. I have this figure sitting in my Pile of Loot at BBTS. It's getting harder every day to not ship my goodies so I can have Tyrion in my collection.

Back