ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree Ned was important but i never found myself rooting for him in the show or the book. Hence why I passed on the figure. Khan Drogo, not really an essential character, i enjoyed very much and hope to buy. Just a matter of preference. I guess the same could deb said for the Governor in Walking Dead, I knew he would never win but i was rooting for him.

After collecting a few of my favorite anime figures, I decided to start collecting Game of Thrones figures. I want to start with the Stark family. Probably, I'll collect random characters too.

I guess everyone will have their own list of important characters they want from this series. I really hope ThreeZero go deep into this line making as many of the regular characters as they can.

My list of most wanted characters are:
Tyrion
Ned
Jon and Ghost
Arya
Daenerys and dragons
The Hound
Jaime (season 4 appearance)
Brienne
Cersei

Second list of wants would be:
Tywin
Joffery
Littlefinger
Sansa
Robb

I think you could make some really great scene specific displays with the characters. Like Jaime with Brienne, Arya and The Hound, Tyrion and Cersei. Dang with her Dragons and Jon with Ghost would look great on their own. As would Ned Stark holding Ice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unless there's a significant change in the way ThreeZero attack their TV licenses, I won't hold my breath for a deep exploration of the characters. If we take a conservative outlook of 2 figures per year, it's just too long to get through a long wanted list. Going to 4 figures a year may not seem like much, but at 2 times what the current outlook is, that's very significant. Fingers crossed, we can't expect them to go from 10 to 100 mph over night.

I'm guessing we'll have Jon Snow by the end of the year and possibly Jaime by March 2016.

Unless there's a significant change in the way ThreeZero attack their TV licenses, I won't hold my breath for a deep exploration of the characters. If we take a conservative outlook of 2 figures per year, it's just too long to get through a long wanted list. Going to 4 figures a year may not seem like much, but at 2 times what the current outlook is, that's very significant. Fingers crossed, we can't expect them to go from 10 to 100 mph over night.

I'm guessing we'll have Jon Snow by the end of the year and possibly Jaime by March 2016.

We've heard the list of 6 characters which would fit nicely in the typical 3 year licensing deal at the speed you cite above. But it would be foolish for HBO and threezero not to renew if it sells well, which seems to be the case.

We've heard the list of 6 characters which would fit nicely in the typical 3 year licensing deal at the speed you cite above. But it would be foolish for HBO and threezero not to renew if it sells well, which seems to be the case.

I certainly hope they renew it, and I'd love to see 3 or 4 per year in this license as well, so I was just being conservative and mindful of the other licenses they're picking up, realizing it takes time to develop so many properties to their (and our) high standards.

The do probably have issues with the bodies. Obviously they had to make Tyrion from scratch and the Ned body may also be new if they haven't done other human figures before. I don't know if they'll use the same body for Jon, I figure he is a bit shorter than Ned. Jaime could use the same body as Ned. Then the female figures would need another body.

I agree, 2 figures a year is probably the best we can hope for. Would be good if they could stretch that out to 4.

The do probably have issues with the bodies. Obviously they had to make Tyrion from scratch and the Ned body may also be new if they haven't done other human figures before. I don't know if they'll use the same body for Jon, I figure he is a bit shorter than Ned. Jaime could use the same body as Ned. Then the female figures would need another body.

I agree, 2 figures a year is probably the best we can hope for. Would be good if they could stretch that out to 4.

Yeah, I see your point. Thankfully Jon and Rob could share a body, as could, Theon, should either of the latter ever be made. That may be the best way to make money for threezero - same body, similar costumes. It's characters like the Hound and Brienne that require brand new sculpted bodies and will cost them more money in the long run. However, being giant figures with lots of detailed armor, I wouldn't hesitate to pay more for such characters.

Some female characters could probably reuse the same body. Cersei and Catelyn, for instance, could more than likely share the same body. And while this would never in a million years happen, so could Lysa Arryn! I would buy a crazy Aunt Lysa figure so fast! The exclusive obviously being an alternate angry, screaming head sculpt. :lol

They could probably get away with reusing the Tyrion body to make another version of him...I'd most likely get it. Same could be said for a Dany if they have to make a body for her. They could get 2-3 variations of each character out of those bodies.

I guess everyone will have their own list of important characters they want from this series. I really hope ThreeZero go deep into this line making as many of the regular characters as they can.

My list of most wanted characters are:
Tyrion
Ned
Jon and Ghost
Arya
Daenerys and dragons
The Hound
Jaime (season 4 appearance)
Brienne
Cersei

Second list of wants would be:
Tywin
Joffery
Littlefinger
Sansa
Robb

I think you could make some really great scene specific displays with the characters. Like Jaime with Brienne, Arya and The Hound, Tyrion and Cersei. Dang with her Dragons and Jon with Ghost would look great on their own. As would Ned Stark holding Ice.

Joffrey IS A MUST!!!! and why does no one want stannis, we all know he will end up on the iron throne. i think we get 8 figures TOPS! from this lot...

Joffrey IS A MUST!!!! and why does no one want stannis, we all know he will end up on the iron throne.
Because regardless of Stannis' central role in the story he is a boring character both visually and personality wise. I don't see him being a big seller.

Joffrey is a maybe but given the problems that would come from developing him I wouldn't bet on it.

I've always had the feeling that Melisandre is gonna dump Stannis for Jon Snow. I think she senses he has more power within him than Stannis. After she does this, Stannis is DEAD MEAT.

Back