ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder which company will pick up the 1:6 license for House of Dragons.

Hot Toys will give us a Milly Alcock - for Supergirl.
definitely excited for a supergirl figure - interested to see what her outfit will look like

I wonder which company will pick up the 1:6 license for House of Dragons.

Hot Toys will give us a Milly Alcock - for Supergirl.
Apparently InArt is already in the development stage, If I remember correctly, in an interview they did, they said due to the bad rep around Game of Thrones due to the final seasons and all that. Their contact with licensing wants them to barely do Game of Thrones and go all in on HOTD for better sales. But that was a while ago, so who knows if they actually are gonna do it or not.

Also can't believe Threezero scrapped their live action lines for the anime route, I understand the want for profit and all that but they had a bunch of potential to make profit with their live action lines. The Jon and Robb figures would have definitely sold well due to them being from the seasons people remember fondly, and the Daenerys they teased looked good as well as Drogo, though there isn't anything that can be done about it now, but it's sad to know we got a glimpse of hope with the Jon and Robb and now we have to wait on Inart. Inart probably won't do it justice either, their Daenerys looked very weird and it seems they want to do the season seven looks so It's either be stuck with the characters worst looks or just stick with the old Threezero figures.

Also can't believe Threezero scrapped their live action lines for the anime route, I understand the want for profit and all that but they had a bunch of potential to make profit with their live action lines. The Jon and Robb figures would have definitely sold well due to them being from the seasons people remember fondly, and the Daenerys they teased looked good as well as Drogo, though there isn't anything that can be done about it now, but it's sad to know we got a glimpse of hope with the Jon and Robb and now we have to wait on Inart. Inart probably won't do it justice either, their Daenerys looked very weird and it seems they want to do the season seven looks so It's either be stuck with the characters worst looks or just stick with the old Threezero figures.
Did they scrap all their live action lines? Because that would mean no more additional figures for Dungeons & Dragons and The Witcher either. :(

Did they scrap all their live action lines? Because that would mean no more additional figures for Dungeons & Dragons and The Witcher either. :(
Seems like it, Dungeons and Dragons might get more figures but The Witcher might not. It seems like they might just only do Geralt and that's it. Though I'm hopeful we get more from Threezero, maybe they change their mind and continue the lines they scrapped. It would make sense but again, it looks like they only care for profit and they are definitely gonna get it with the focus on anime. Makes no sense why they would develop those prototypes though just to scrap them, they knew fans wanted an updated Jon and a Robb, and they made em but decided to scrap the whole line. Wonder if sales on the last figures were really that bad to the point they decided to really throw the whole line away. But again, we can hope it's just temporary and they don't really focus on anime and go back to their other lines.

Well being as I have zero interest in anime I guess they will be getting zero amount of my money. I have the majority of GOTs though.
While not 1:6, I do like to collect some of Threzero’s diecast Transformers line.

Generally, I have no interest in anime expect for a few select ones I grew up on like the Cowboy Bebop figures.

ThreeZero only announced Spike, hope it’s not one and done for that line.

While not 1:6, I do like to collect some of Threzero’s diecast Transformers line.

Generally, I have no interest in anime expect for a few select ones I grew up on like the Cowboy Bebop figures.

ThreeZero only announced Spike, hope it’s not one and done for that line.
I ain't even know Threezero was making a Cowboy Bebop line, that's probably one of the only animes I care about buying figures of, I hope that line doesn't abruptly end or just only have spike, but knowing Threezero, that may end up being the case.

Also can't believe Threezero scrapped their live action lines for the anime route,

They haven't ditched all of their live action lines. In a video on FB they mentioned doing figures from the live action Ultraman series, and more Power Rangers are coming after Zeo. Plus while not based on a live action movie, they are still moving forward with the GIJoe line, which is more of their take on the IP and less based on the cartoon from the 80s.

They haven't ditched all of their live action lines. In a video on FB they mentioned doing figures from the live action Ultraman series, and more Power Rangers are coming after Zeo. Plus while not based on a live action movie, they are still moving forward with the GIJoe line, which is more of their take on the IP and less based on the cartoon from the 80s.
the 1:6 space is getting continually more crowded and competitive with InArt, third parties (who don’t even pay for IP licenses), etc.

From a business point of view, It’s probably more economical for ThreeZero to stick to masked characters or anime where less R&D and accuracy is required.

The prices on their figures have always been below market so that was one of their competitive advantages and collectors scrutinized their headsculpts less - like grading on a curve - compensating with lower prices and excellent outfit tailoring or weathering.

the 1:6 space is getting continually more crowded and competitive with InArt, third parties (who don’t even pay for IP licenses), etc.

From a business point of view, It’s probably more economical for ThreeZero to stick to masked characters or anime where less R&D and accuracy is required.

The prices on their figures have always been below market so that was one of their competitive advantages and collectors scrutinized their headsculpts less - like grading on a curve - compensating with lower prices and excellent outfit tailoring or weathering.
I completely agree. I think TZ has hit upon a formula that keeps them competitive. Not only picking up IPs that others don't touch, but also keeping that price low where others in the industry keep raising it.

I ain't even know Threezero was making a Cowboy Bebop line, that's probably one of the only animes I care about buying figures of, I hope that line doesn't abruptly end or just only have spike, but knowing Threezero, that may end up being the case.
I took a leap of faith and PO’d since the Spike figure was so “cheap” ($150ish) and they teased the rest of the line.

1709170136587.jpeg

I completely agree. I think TZ has hit upon a formula that keeps them competitive. Not only picking up IPs that others don't touch, but also keeping that price low where others in the industry keep raising it.
Not quite an apples and apples to comparison but ThreeZero is sort of following the Nintendo business model.

Nintendo carved out a successful niche without having to compete directly with the big boys (Sony, M$oft) using inferior hardware tech, which allows them to be leaner and more profitable. In the same way ThreeZero is competing with Hot Toys, InArt, etc.

As a collector, it’s nice to have options and the competition is raising every else’s game. Hot Toys seemed to get complacent for a couple years and some of their recent figures and decisions seem to be a direct reaction to Inart, JazzInc and even 3rd parties joining the fray.

I agree and this is likely what the approach they take with the 1/6 scale market. With competing for the same line with InArt, like GoT, you know people will sh1t on 3Z because of their quality. Even with people knowing 3Z price is half of InArt. That image is bad for business. Already happened to Asmus, sharing LotR licenses, and compared to InArt. That’s why they took the better way for them, with anime, Super Sentai/Power Rangers, Kamen Rider, and some robots like Transformers. With those, they are leading the market, and japanese IPs didn’t get a lot of merchandising with a big scale like 1:6. The latest we got is with Medicom, and they are going 1:12 under the name Mafex. Threezero is a company with the product worth the price for what it is. And they knew that. It’s good for the brand. And anime figures will be Threezero’s new image, as it was to Medicom before.

Also I like the comparison with Threezero as Nintendo. I get that, and I believe Threezero manages to do that also.

Back