Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I won't get the bonus reward points if I don't return it

However I'll be one of the few people in the world that will have this item at least this year.

This delay probably means ship date Mid March 2016 ...

So SSC found that a QC issue slipped through... they then went out of their way to fix it, and when they realized that something slipped through, they went the extra mile to fix it. Sounds like they are getting their house in order. This is fantastic.
I just got an email about mine. They're actually asking I send my Thor back now, shipping to and from is on them plus I get RP due to the inconvenience. Thank you SSC!

Kudos to you guys who pre-ordered early and are receiving rewards to make up for SSC's mistake :clap

Shows that some good can come from ordering early. :yess:

I dont know sounds like they replace your base and give you 100 bucks for a future purchase, great deal to me. I will be one of the ones waiting months to get my EX Thor but it doesnt bother me......

Well the bright side is

Hulk doesn't arrive until October

I do get to pose Thor next to my other Avengers before I return, and I get to see what he looks like next to Thor Frog

that extra $100 reward points takes a chunk out of Symbiote Spidey, Aquaman, or any other XMEN related PFs Id preorder

I just hope I don't get a egg shell thin replacement... if all this needs are felt pads on one side ... I kinda would like to keep it. If it has other issues ie does not sit flush in base, paint chips etc then I wont hesitate and Ill return the entire thing for a better replacement down the line.

This is a turning point for SSC, I just wish they did the same with Psylocke, Rogue, and Ivy. Great Ultron as well but I don't have that piece anymore so I don't care.

Well the bright side is

Hulk doesn't arrive until October

I do get to pose Thor next to my other Avengers before I return, and I get to see what he looks like next to Thor Frog

that extra $100 reward points takes a chunk out of Symbiote Spidey, Aquaman, or any other XMEN related PFs Id preorder

I just hope I don't get a egg shell thin replacement... if all this needs are felt pads on one side ... I kinda would like to keep it. If it has other issues ie does not sit flush in base, paint chips etc then I wont hesitate and Ill return the entire thing for a better replacement down the line.

This is a turning point for SSC, I just wish they did the same with Psylocke, Rogue, and Ivy. Great Ultron as well but I don't have that piece anymore so I don't care.

This makes me wonder. Are they somehow making Thor lighter? Making the base heavier? Or rearranging pads?

This seems like an enormous oversight. How can you produce so many of these, assemble them, paint them... Only to realize there's a lean issue once a few start shipping? I feel like it's something they should've realized a year ago?

I think honestly what will happen is they'll add more filler into the base via the bottom part.

The base might be hollow in sections so the might remove the labels on the bottom, drill a hole, and fill it.

I don't see them recasting the bases... that's gonna cost a lot more. Or maybe they'll remove stuff out of base... the Joker base had broken toy parts in it ... CAP PF had a balloon in it for whatever reason.

I don't even think the factory is suppose to cast these things hollow in the first place.

I'm gonna get my Jean head repainted when I get my replacement by the prototype artist that did the Rogue PF (the original prototype).

Hopefully

One thing for sure. SS hears the complaint and responding to it. :). Can thank Prime1 and XM for it haha.

so the delay will be since march the next year wow, but well dont bother me at all since i get my ex 100% with out problems :) at less 90%

Big move by SSC. I hope this continues. Getting a wider base will be nice if that is what they decide to do. Not just change the felt pads. And they are giving $100 in rewards to customers that already received theirs once they get the returned piece. Very cool. My credit card was authorized but I didn't get a tracking, I am kinda hoping they shipped it so I can return it for the reward points. Hehe. After unexpectedly ordering Doom, I can use the delay.

Kudos to SS for addressing this and not just saying to buy some more felt pads. I have to admit, the vids made me nervous about the long term viability of this.for this to be getting such a big delay though, that must mean none of the correct bases we're already produced. Probably need everything already shipped sent back so they can ensure the figure keys up properly with the new base.

Well, since this will be awhile, maybe I can grab Lobo before he disappears everywhere after all.

I've never wait listed an item before but I just did for this statue. Are my odds slim to none? I was thinking since there are delays and base problems I might have a good shot.

Has it been confirmed March 2016? Also, if it has, there's no way they are delaying it 6+ months to just change the felt pads. A bigger change is happening.

Back