Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are totally right, but to some extent that was brought on by a select group of fans who ran around declaring XM the second coming on every thread on the "SIDESHOWFreaks" board. The animosity came after that

I am not going to go looking for it, but just pretend I posted that black and white meme of an audience applauding wildly.

I got the email about the delay. I'm happy for it. Sideshow is doing right.

This will truly be a masterpiece, when all is said and done.

You are totally right, but to some extent that was brought on by a select group of fans who ran around declaring XM the second coming on every thread on the "SIDESHOWFreaks" board. The animosity came after that

Ah so because this place is called sideshow freaks, it's ok for sideshow fans to go around behaving the way they don't like XM, P1 fans to behave? That must be why it works out so well for Ink. Cheers for that awesome info. :lol

Ah so because this place is called sideshow freaks, it's ok for sideshow fans to go around behaving the way they don't like XM, P1 fans to behave? That must be why it works out so well for Ink. Cheers for that awesome info. :lol

I'm all about the statues, who ever they come from. But yes, I do find it disrespectful/annoying for people to go on each sideshow thread and mention how much better the xm version is. First it's an opinion. Second, that's the entire reason there are xm threads.

This competition has only benefited everyone involved in collecting. Just be happy. People need to stop being so negative.

I'm all about the statues, who ever they come from. But yes, I do find it disrespectful/annoying for people to go on each sideshow thread and mention how much better the xm version is. First it's an opinion. Second, that's the entire reason there are xm threads.

This competition has only benefited everyone involved in collecting. Just be happy. People need to stop being so negative.

No i agree with you. I have way more SS statues than anything else in my collection. I've seen a few on here going into every XM thread being the same way. That's all i'm saying. I'm not arsed that Spidey is saying XM fans started it. He would say that. :lol

No i agree with you. I have way more SS statues than anything else in my collection. I've seen a few on here going into every XM thread being the same way. That's all i'm saying. I'm not arsed that Spidey is saying XM fans started it. He would say that. :lol

I do think it has mainly been fuel by XM fans. If I'm being honest. I don't care, I think all the statues are cool. Sometimes XM nails it, sometimes sideshow nails it... It's all based on the individuals wants and likes. We should really just stay on the thread topic. I understand that is a rare cause on the Internet, but we should keep the xm talk in the xm threads and the ssc talk in the ssc threads.

The comparisons are going to be made, that is going to happen. But they do not need to be negative, or "in your face".

Your pretty much hosed. My cyclops is also leaning like crazy. I contacted a reputable customizer here on the boards and he said the only way to fix it would be to re sculpt the legs which would cost more than buying a new one. I've heard blow drying can soften molds a little but that's a huge risk. It sucks but since I couldn't really sell my leaning cyclops, I made the best of a crapoy situation and put door stoppers under him:lol At least he's upright and looks fine in my xmen lineup.

Damn. Guess I'll be bringing them out of storage and putting them back on display. Not much to it anymore.

I say it because I was here and at SF when it happened. As for why things workout well for ink... Could it be that the OWNER of the site likes him and made him a mod?? Kind of not a hard topic to understand... Also why some should just let sleeping dogs ly

Looking at savagehulk's sig, if there wasn't a chunk of rock missing at the left side of the base, maybe it wouldn't tip over? :huh

Hopefully they don't change anything else because he looks brilliant in photos of those who received the 1st batch before postponement.

No its not just Vic's status that leans..Statue Hunter 75 does that too...but if you've seen Vic's review SS has acknowledged there is a flaw I their original base & have since then produced a replacement base that elminates the flawed original base.
So it's not Vic's placement of pads under the base to which I don't think he had pads under the statue. .but rather a turn table.
If you watched the video Vic took the statue off the turn table & that's where the tipping was more prevalent.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

It's great that SSC is looking at this as a long term fix intead of a short term one by letting the collectors suggest adding padding. You don't want the weight of that cape to stagger the rod holding it in place over time. Kudos. Bummed that I thought he'd be here soon but in the ong run it is worth the wait.

Thor, I wish you a safe trip back to the factory, and an even safer one from the factory back into my arms. :lecture

:joy :eek:

Back