Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My allegations are only of the wall because I dont have any clear answers or reasons why a company that usually follows a routine of sale (sell the ex, when ex is sold out refer buyers to the regular version, notify your buyers of low quantity, etc.) would suddenly seemingly remove certain pieces off their site as if these pieces never existed. Now, you can say that is because they sold out, but it doesnt even take you to a sold out or waitlisted PAGE. All this while much more sought after pieces with lower edition sizes are sitting around still available.

Now, if they did lower the edition size on these pieces, wouldn't you like to know what that new number is and not just be in the dark guessing. Cap takes forever to sell, but the "girly" Thor with the sissy hand and lousy ex sword flies like EBola vaccine? something is wrong here...

all other stores, alter ego, big bad still have regular versions of Thor available. if it did sell out with such a fervor, wouldn't those stores also be out of pre-ordered stock? I'm asking the right questions when most are just laying in the road waiting to be run over....

Lol. No, Edition Size means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to me. I buy statues I visually like. I'm not paying $400 for the rarity of the statue. Im paying for the craftsmanship and time invested in said statue. Granted, it probably costs them less than $50 to make these. But who am I to judge profit margins... If I did, I would never leave my house or buy anything...

Someone posted a while back that sideshow was canceling all waitlists. Maybe they are changing the ways of their business. Who knows. Like I said before I don't work for them. Only thing you can do is sit down, wait, and watch. These allegations aren't going to change how they do business. No one is naively throwing money at sideshow and "laying in the road". Sideshow offered returns on the Man of steel pf. Lol. "If you do not like the PVC, return it." Was the exact quote.

My Captain America statue is amazing, I can not wait to get my next statue. If you are worried about their business practices, and no longer trust them...cancel your orders? It is that simple. Haha

Please PM me if you wish to continue this conversation. We shouldn't flood this thread.

most of you guys are focussed on the wrong thing. Thos ex was not selling at all, they mark it down, then the EX AND the regular (which is 2000 btw) is both waitlisted. On top of that, when you go on the site and search for Thor PF, or the WInter Soldier Cap OR Daredevil PF they all dont show up....

I did some sleuthing and found them and they are ALLLLLLL WAITLISTED. now, before you guys start firing up torches and throwing handfuls of soot at me, think about the recent PVC controversy and how that plays into things. It really seems SS voluntarily removed the pieces in question that were rumored to have PVC and cited them as wait-listed.

I just find it REALLY strange that even the WS movie cap was hard to find. The ex was wait-listed and instead of the usual "WE STIIL HAVE REGULARS AVAILABLE" the reg version is nowhere to be found on the site???? I'm no Fox Moulder but this is some strange stuff. The only way I could find Thor PF on the site was clinking on the link on the Thor FROG page. and I could only find Daredevil PF when I google searched his ass! same with WS Cap.

I freaked of course and jumped on waitlist for Thor PF only to be notified TODAY that the waitlist converted. Now while SS is no slouch in sales, they are lying if 750 Thor Exclusives and 2000 regular editions sold out that fast without a low quantity alert or the SS site pushing it in your face every two seconds, and how are waitlist orders converting so fast?

THINK ABOUT IT. CAP PF STILL HAS REGULARS AND HAS NOT SOLD OUT. SAME WITH SONJA AND HELLBOY AND ALL ARE PROVEN TO BE QUALITY PIECES. HARLEY QUINN NOT SOLD OUT....X-FORCE DEADPOOL NOT SOLD OUT HYDRA RED SKULL NOT SOLD OUT, EX LOBO, BATGIRL...SO HOW THE @#$% ARE DAREDEVIL WS CAPTAIN AMERICA AND THOR SOLD OUT?????

The Statues have not been removed, you can find quite clearly in the Archived section of the website. Granted, these items usually appear waitlisted at least until after they've shipped, however, perhaps Sideshow is changing that, much like their recent change of not having low quantity alerts. People complained about the low alerts being false for quite some time. Perhaps they did away with them because of those complaints.

Either way there is no reason to act like a raving lunatic and Caps-lock commando.

Oh, I'm not defending sideshow intentionally, and I think this statue looks great as well. I have it ordered. But I think this is a very common business tactic. Apple uses it. Every car dealership like you mentioned. Video Game industry. Movies. TV. The list goes on in my book.

yeah Apple uses it and other car dealership use it but i think the main difference here is the Edition Size and being considered collectibles. Apple and car manufacturers can produce things without limit..they are not lying or anything because there are no edition size. Yes they say it is currently out of stocks or stocks are running low but thats the thing..they can produce more if demands are high..Our collectibles are different because there is supposed to be a limit..the edition size..manipulating the limit for me is just lying to the collectors.

ok guys....watch. we'll see who's laughing in the end. don't say i didn't warn....

BBTS still has Thor and daredevil, yet SS is all sold out?

lunacy.

ok guys....watch. we'll see who's laughing in the end. don't say i didn't warn....

BBTS still has Thor and daredevil, yet SS is all sold out?

lunacy.

I don't quite understand how you think you'll somehow be laughing. Are you assuming that some of us have waited this long to order? Or that by them removing the statues from the regular pages that this some how changes our ordering?

I ordered Thor, Daredevil, Doom, Hulk, Batgirl and Pinhead as soon as humanly possible. Probably because I couldn't care less when they sell out as long as I have one on order as I do with all my statues.

yeah Apple uses it and other car dealership use it but i think the main difference here is the Edition Size and being considered collectibles. Apple and car manufacturers can produce things without limit..they are not lying or anything because there are no edition size. Yes they say it is currently out of stocks or stocks are running low but thats the thing..they can produce more if demands are high..Our collectibles are different because there is supposed to be a limit..the edition size..manipulating the limit for me is just lying to the collectors.

Technically they aren't manipulating the Edition size though. They're just saying that they're moving faster than they actually are. With the exception of the pieces where they actually reduced they edition size (most people complain that they make too many if people start complaining they've made too few I may jut have an aneurysm), the number remains the same and only our perception of how many have yet to be sold is actually in question.

Regular Modern Thor PFF non EX is gone from the website. I think that is the real topic to discuss. Where did it go?

Technically they aren't manipulating the Edition size though. They're just saying that they're moving faster than they actually are. With the exception of the pieces where they actually reduced they edition size (most people complain that they make too many if people start complaining they've made too few I may jut have an aneurysm), the number remains the same and only our perception of how many have yet to be sold is actually in question.

huh? what are you talking about? i know there are a few pieces that increased in ES like Ironman Mk42 Maquette..it was 2000 before now its 3000.

The Statues have not been removed, you can find quite clearly in the Archived section of the website. Granted, these items usually appear waitlisted at least until after they've shipped, however, perhaps Sideshow is changing that, much like their recent change of not having low quantity alerts. People complained about the low alerts being false for quite some time. Perhaps they did away with them because of those complaints.

Either way there is no reason to act like a raving lunatic and Caps-lock commando.

:rotfl :lol:lol:lol

So true. Chill guys. Your conspiracy theories are ridiculous. Buy it if you like it. I'll quote Savage here "Edition Size means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to me. I buy statues I visually like. I'm not paying $400 for the rarity of the statue. Im paying for the craftsmanship and time invested in said statue."

That about sums up my collecting habits to the tee. I buy stuff I want on my shelves and house. I don't worry about Sideshow playing possible games. That's retail for you. If everyone was honest in retail, half the stuff wouldn't sell.

doesnt change the fact that there are pieces where SS increased ES..

I don't see your point. All of this is done well before the item ships in the pre-order phase. Plenty of time for you to air a grievance and cancel your order. It's not like they shipped the item and went "Oh by the way, there's a thousand more". And it's also not like this done a lot. It's done rarely when they see a need to meet demand or when they see the original number is too high.

I honestly don't understand people who are so hung up on the edition size of these items. They are reproduced pieces of art. Like a high end print or Giclee. Are they numbered, sure, does that mean anything, no not really. It just means you know how many were made.

I don't see your point. All of this is done well before the item ships in the pre-order phase. Plenty of time for you to air a grievance and cancel your order. It's not like they shipped the item and went "Oh by the way, there's a thousand more". And it's also not like this done a lot. It's done rarely when they see a need to meet demand or when they see the original number is too high.

I honestly don't understand people who are so hung up on the edition size of these items. They are reproduced pieces of art. Like a high end print or Giclee. Are they numbered, sure, does that mean anything, no not really. It just means you know how many were made.

The point is they do that..thats it..SS increased the ES of some pieces AFTER announcing an initial one. So if it is rarely done it is ok? hmm.

Dont get me wrong here..i dont care if the ES is high as long as the quality is still there..what i dont like is being (pardon for i cant find other word) lied to.

I dont wanna argue with you man..but the fact is there are a lot of collectors out there and ES matters to them..even if you dont understand why. Im out here :)

The point is they do that..thats it..SS increased the ES of some pieces AFTER announcing an initial one. So if it is rarely done it is ok? hmm.

Dont get me wrong here..i dont care if the ES is high as long as the quality is still there..what i dont like is being (pardon for i cant find other word) lied to.

I dont wanna argue with you man..but the fact is there are a lot of collectors out there and ES matters to them..even if you dont understand why. Im out here :)

When were you lied to?

I agree with everyone in the fact that if you like it buy it because you like it, Do not buy it because of a low ES just to flip it or try and make money on it. I would love to know the number of people who kept their EX White Storms out of the 150 that were sold. I know over 30-40 have been sold on eBay. That being said I love that the pieces I wanted and ordered day one I got low #'s. My Sups EX is sub 100, same as my Captain , Apoc and Deadpool. I really can't wait for my Hulk. I ordered him within seconds of being announced. The Thor I love the costume and paint application appears to be top notch ..... however I didn't buy him because I cannot stand the pose from certain angles. I think I will be getting the XM Thor, and coming from Bowen I wish Sideshow had more museum poses.

Yeah. I feel like it all comes back to "if Ya like it buy it" people that purchase statues with the intent to sell are whack... You have the right to do what you want, but don't expect all of us to be happy about it. Buying and selling is a natural occurrence in this hobby. But, listing it the day it ships to you for $200 more is lame.

All in all, only buy statues you want forever. That's my motto. I've already sold a bunch of mine because I got caught up in the hype or I bought and didn't think about the space I have... Sold one of my favorite comic characters ever to be able to get hulk in March... And I did not make a single dollar of profit on either statue i sold. That's not why I'm here.

I agree with everyone in the fact that if you like it buy it because you like it, Do not buy it because of a low ES just to flip it or try and make money on it. I would love to know the number of people who kept their EX White Storms out of the 150 that were sold. I know over 30-40 have been sold on eBay. That being said I love that the pieces I wanted and ordered day one I got low #'s. My Sups EX is sub 100, same as my Captain , Apoc and Deadpool. I really can't wait for my Hulk. I ordered him within seconds of being announced. The Thor I love the costume and paint application appears to be top notch ..... however I didn't buy him because I cannot stand the pose from certain angles. I think I will be getting the XM Thor, and coming from Bowen I wish Sideshow had more museum poses.

Same! Haha I literally ordered hulk the second he went up. My cap was high. 685 I think.

At least half of the White Storms ended up on eBay or sold on the forums

Back