Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, That and I need a Modern Cap. then I'm close to being done with Marvel.

Nice! I know this is a WWII cap, but I feel like the mask with wings is more old school. I think a helmet/mask combo is the most realistic option. If cap was real, in today's world. I could picture him wearing the basic military pants and boots, then rocking a helmet/mask and utility belt/vest. Not trying to sell you, but I love my cap. Haha

Back on track, I think I'll be getting out of the purchasing game after ironman. Unless the perfect Spiderman statue is revealed... I'm pretty much spoken for in the collecting game.

Nice! I know this is a WWII cap, but I feel like the mask with wings is more old school. I think a helmet/mask combo is the most realistic option. If cap was real, in today's world. I could picture him wearing the basic military pants and boots, then rocking a helmet/mask and utility belt/vest. Not trying to sell you, but I love my cap. Haha

Back on track, I think I'll be getting out of the purchasing game after ironman. Unless the perfect Spiderman statue is revealed... I'm pretty much spoken for in the collecting game.
I still also need Loki, Thanos, Mephisto, Ghost Rider and Jigsaw...though I'd also take a Moon Knight and a Kingpin if they made them.

Lol. I want my avengers and that's it. Anything else is too much for me right now.
...you know theres a few Marvel characters I kinda would like but not at Sideshow prices and maybe not in 1/4 scale...like Dark Hawk, Spidey 2099 (nearly picked up the bowen, might still) and maybe Death Watch. They just don't get much statue love.

Yeah me too i need the mk3 or mk7 iron man venom and the one piece i really want its a juggernaut 1/4 scale bring on juggs!!!

Proof that it's just a tactic to get people to buy them, and not actually sold out, to the point of being waitlisted.

I feel like every single company does this in some form? Why is it a big deal sideshow does it?

Question though. Will they do a payment plan on a conversion. I have the cash saved, but I am curious. Has anyone ever asked SSC after a conversion?

I feel like every single company does this in some form? Why is it a big deal sideshow does it?

The only type of business that I would say operates in this fashion, on a consistent basis of being dishonest with their customers, is car sales. We all know how little people think of that process and how much we hate going to car dealerships. If you read back in this thread I said how great this statue looks, so I'm not hating on sideshow, I'm just saying they purposely work on being dishonest with their product and customers.

The only type of business that I would say operates in this fashion, on a consistent basis of being dishonest with their customers, is car sales. We all know how little people think of that process and how much we hate going to car dealerships. If you read back in this thread I said how great this statue looks, so I'm not hating on sideshow, I'm just saying they purposely work on being dishonest with their product and customers.

Oh, I'm not defending sideshow intentionally, and I think this statue looks great as well. I have it ordered. But I think this is a very common business tactic. Apple uses it. Every car dealership like you mentioned. Video Game industry. Movies. TV. The list goes on in my book.

Oh, I'm not defending sideshow intentionally, and I think this statue looks great as well. I have it ordered. But I think this is a very common business tactic. Apple uses it. Every car dealership like you mentioned. Video Game industry. Movies. TV. The list goes on in my book.

This is the world of retail in a general.

Exactly. I took sideshow showing us all the ironmen as a huge sign of being a business I could trust. Some people probably ordered 42 just to get an ironman... Now they don't have to.

most of you guys are focussed on the wrong thing. Thos ex was not selling at all, they mark it down, then the EX AND the regular (which is 2000 btw) is both waitlisted. On top of that, when you go on the site and search for Thor PF, or the WInter Soldier Cap OR Daredevil PF they all dont show up....

I did some sleuthing and found them and they are ALLLLLLL WAITLISTED. now, before you guys start firing up torches and throwing handfuls of soot at me, think about the recent PVC controversy and how that plays into things. It really seems SS voluntarily removed the pieces in question that were rumored to have PVC and cited them as wait-listed.

I just find it REALLY strange that even the WS movie cap was hard to find. The ex was wait-listed and instead of the usual "WE STIIL HAVE REGULARS AVAILABLE" the reg version is nowhere to be found on the site???? I'm no Fox Moulder but this is some strange stuff. The only way I could find Thor PF on the site was clinking on the link on the Thor FROG page. and I could only find Daredevil PF when I google searched his ass! same with WS Cap.

I freaked of course and jumped on waitlist for Thor PF only to be notified TODAY that the waitlist converted. Now while SS is no slouch in sales, they are lying if 750 Thor Exclusives and 2000 regular editions sold out that fast without a low quantity alert or the SS site pushing it in your face every two seconds, and how are waitlist orders converting so fast?

THINK ABOUT IT. CAP PF STILL HAS REGULARS AND HAS NOT SOLD OUT. SAME WITH SONJA AND HELLBOY AND ALL ARE PROVEN TO BE QUALITY PIECES. HARLEY QUINN NOT SOLD OUT....X-FORCE DEADPOOL NOT SOLD OUT HYDRA RED SKULL NOT SOLD OUT, EX LOBO, BATGIRL...SO HOW THE @#$% ARE DAREDEVIL WS CAPTAIN AMERICA AND THOR SOLD OUT?????

most of you guys are focussed on the wrong thing. Thos ex was not selling at all, they mark it down, then the EX AND the regular (which is 2000 btw) is both waitlisted. On top of that, when you go on the site and search for Thor PF, or the WInter Soldier Cap OR Daredevil PF they all dont show up....

I did some sleuthing and found them and they are ALLLLLLL WAITLISTED. now, before you guys start firing up torches and throwing handfuls of soot at me, think about the recent PVC controversy and how that plays into things. It really seems SS voluntarily removed the pieces in question that were rumored to have PVC and cited them as wait-listed.

I just find it REALLY strange that even the WS movie cap was hard to find. The ex was wait-listed and instead of the usual "WE STIIL HAVE REGULARS AVAILABLE" the reg version is nowhere to be found on the site???? I'm no Fox Moulder but this is some strange stuff. The only way I could find Thor PF on the site was clinking on the link on the Thor FROG page. and I could only find Daredevil PF when I google searched his ass! same with WS Cap.

I freaked of course and jumped on waitlist for Thor PF only to be notified TODAY that the waitlist converted. Now while SS is no slouch in sales, they are lying if 750 Thor Exclusives and 2000 regular editions sold out that fast without a low quantity alert or the SS site pushing it in your face every two seconds, and how are waitlist orders converting so fast?

THINK ABOUT IT. CAP PF STILL HAS REGULARS AND HAS NOT SOLD OUT. SAME WITH SONJA AND HELLBOY AND ALL ARE PROVEN TO BE QUALITY PIECES. HARLEY QUINN NOT SOLD OUT....X-FORCE DEADPOOL NOT SOLD OUT HYDRA RED SKULL NOT SOLD OUT, EX LOBO, BATGIRL...SO HOW THE @#$% ARE DAREDEVIL WS CAPTAIN AMERICA AND THOR SOLD OUT?????

But sideshow has already confirmed daredevil and Thor to be 100% not PVC. Lol So there is no connection there. I'm not someone who beleives that all companies in the world have these secret hidden agendas. I don't know in the end, I don't work for Sideshow. But to sit here and make them out to be evil for doing something most business' do, then defending it with off the wall allegations.... I'm not sipping the cool aid.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm just making conversation. I'm just not going to assume anything, especially after they delivered a dream worthy captain america statue to me yesterday.

But sideshow has already confirmed daredevil and Thor to be 100% not PVC. Lol So there is no connection there. I'm not someone who beleives that all companies in the world have these secret hidden agendas. I don't know in the end, I don't work for Sideshow. But to sit here and make them out to be evil for doing something most business' do, then defending it with off the wall allegations.... I'm not sipping the cool aid.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm just making conversation. I'm just not going to assume anything, especially after they delivered a dream worthy captain america statue to me yesterday.

My allegations are only of the wall because I dont have any clear answers or reasons why a company that usually follows a routine of sale (sell the ex, when ex is sold out refer buyers to the regular version, notify your buyers of low quantity, etc.) would suddenly seemingly remove certain pieces off their site as if these pieces never existed. Now, you can say that is because they sold out, but it doesnt even take you to a sold out or waitlisted PAGE. All this while much more sought after pieces with lower edition sizes are sitting around still available.

Now, if they did lower the edition size on these pieces, wouldn't you like to know what that new number is and not just be in the dark guessing. Cap takes forever to sell, but the "girly" Thor with the sissy hand and lousy ex sword flies like EBola vaccine? something is wrong here...

all other stores, alter ego, big bad still have regular versions of Thor available. if it did sell out with such a fervor, wouldn't those stores also be out of pre-ordered stock? I'm asking the right questions when most are just laying in the road waiting to be run over....

Back