Thor: Love and Thunder **BEWARE SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Money-money-money-muuuuuuun-nay!
giphy.gif

:lol
He never lets me down. Doesn't matter that I haven't seen the film. Doesn't matter if it's some film I don't care to ever see like the 17th Fast & the Furious film or something - just totally accessible humour.

You get a pass with this film due to the Cancer bits...

But not one Joke hit for me. Not one. Its hard for jokes to hit when there is no set up, when everything is just a constant punchline.

Nope this is officially my least fav Marvel film (Still have not seen The Eternals). I can't believe I am saying that with films like AOU, Thor: DW, CM, and BW out there.

This film can be summed up with that stupid theater play about the events in Thor 3. Nothing funny about it. Nothing! But it kept going on and on and on.

In all honesty the only film I can think to compare this too is the 2016 Ghostbusters. No written jokes just actors improving their way through. Told my friends about this comparison of mine and he said I am not the first apparently. Interesting that the main actor and an actress from that film is in this one also :lol
I agree a lot of the humor fell flat, but as I mentioned in a previous post most of the best scenes & lines ("Jodie Foster", Jane's goofy catch phrases, Thor's appearance before Zeus, etc.,) were spoiled in the trailers so they were never going to be as good the 2nd time. If those weren't spoiled for you & you still didn't laugh I don't know what to tell you. It's a Taika Waititi movie - you should have known what to expect lol...

I fully agree with the Thor 3 play scene absolutely horrible zero laughs from me.

I think that was the point though - New Asgard could only survive by selling out and becoming a kitschy tourist trap and and that theater play was the epitome of absurdist kitsch. The only remotely funny part was that the crowd was visibly moved and applauded wildly at the end.

I agree a lot of the humor fell flat, but as I mentioned in a previous post most of the best scenes & lines ("Jodie Foster", Jane's goofy catch phrases, Thor's appearance before Zeus, etc.,) were spoiled in the trailers so they were never going to be as good the 2nd time. If those weren't spoiled for you & you still didn't laugh I don't know what to tell you. It's a Taika Waititi movie - you should have known what to expect lol...
I don’t think having those three jokes unspoiled would have saved the movie.

I liked “What we do in the Shadows” and thought Thor 3 had some funny moments also.

He’s not my first choice for these type of films but I was prepared for a Taika Waititi film. I set my expectations accordingly. I was not expecting a Dumpster fire of a movie where every joke fell flat. The film offered not one creative or intelligent joke. Like the Ghostbusters 2016 they just kept improving hoping something would stick and just like that film nothing did.

Please keep him far far away from SW films.

I think that was the point though - New Asgard could only survive by selling out and becoming a kitschy tourist trap and and that theater play was the epitome of absurdist kitsch. The only remotely funny part was that the crowd was visibly moved and applauded wildly at the end.
They could have gotten that point across in half the time. More “just hoping something will stick”

I don’t think having those three jokes unspoiled would have saved the movie.

I liked “What we do in the Shadows” and thought Thor 3 had some funny moments also.

He’s not my first choice for these type of films but I was prepared for a Taika Waititi film. I set my expectations accordingly. I was not expecting a Dumpster fire of a movie where every joke fell flat. The film offered not one creative or intelligent joke. Like the Ghostbusters 2016 they just kept improving hoping something would stick and just like that film nothing did.

Please keep him far far away from SW films.
They could have gotten that point across in half the time. More “just hoping something will stick”

But when a film is as bad as Thor love and thunder it’s like his script is written for him. :lol
Quick, somebody get Jaws a Snickers bar!

80 percent drop. I hear lots saying they are going for quantity over quality now. Pretty true tbh. I enjoyed some of d plus shows and no way home and multiverse but everything else has been very meh and it needs to be fixed lol

80 percent drop. I hear lots saying they are going for quantity over quality now. Pretty true tbh. I enjoyed some of d plus shows and no way home and multiverse but everything else has been very meh and it needs to be fixed lol

Actually only a 68% drop for the weekend but still rather steep. Friday's take was an 80% drop from last week but remember last week's Friday number included the screenings on Thursday as well.

Screenshot 2022-07-17 at 17-48-47 Thor Love and Thunder - Box Office Mojo.png

Back