Premium Format Thor Breaker of Brimstone Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I P.O'ed but settled for CE vs EX. EX is okay but doesn't really change much. I'd rather put that 20$ to a EX COH instead.

Isn't it only a $15 difference? :wink1:

Yes it is. But with the amount of statues I have on P.O. and plan to have on P.O. every $ counts. Currently paying for Black Widow, Captain America and Magneto EX and now I have Thor. Rogue is next as well as Psylocke and X-23 and most likely Juggernaut and Cable. Plus the prints....now that I wrote this I may see if I can get it switched to the EX now. Damn you for guilting me over the edge lol... sorry not sorry.

Yes it is. But with the amount of statues I have on P.O. and plan to have on P.O. every $ counts. Currently paying for Black Widow, Captain America and Magneto EX and now I have Thor. Rogue is next as well as Psylocke and X-23 and most likely Juggernaut and Cable. Plus the prints....now that I wrote this I may see if I can get it switched to the EX now. Damn you for guilting me over the edge lol... sorry not sorry.

Yeah man it's $15 lol. That's nothing. And the EX will be worth more than the regular down the line if you want to sell.

I doubt these higher priced statues will have much room to move upwards
Doesn't matter. Even if the prices fall, the EX is always worth more than the regular. Also one could sell the EX hand on it's own if desired.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This hobby only seems to get bigger every year and there's more companies now than ever before, you never know what the aftermarket will be with collectibles. But I do agree on the Ex for the reasons stated above, though I'd never sell the ex part on it's own without parting with the whole PF.

I do like some of the updated versions that are coming out now. Thor being the most impressive so far for me. I guess it depends on how far the appearance differs from what would be considered "accurate" (at whatever point in time) as to how people react to it. Vitriol on some items is almost comical sometimes.

This hobby only seems to get bigger every year and there's more companies now than ever before, you never know what the aftermarket will be with collectibles. But I do agree on the Ex for the reasons stated above, though I'd never sell the ex part on it's own without parting with the whole PF.

I do like some of the updated versions that are coming out now. Thor being the most impressive so far for me. I guess it depends on how far the appearance differs from what would be considered "accurate" (at whatever point in time) as to how people react to it. Vitriol on some items is almost comical sometimes.

Being a purist at the end of the day I feel I would just miss out on so much. I have a vision of most characters in my mind and most of the statues come close to that vision or even surpass it at times. I've also come to understand that ones artist take/vision may not be the same as it's all in the eye of the beholder as they would say. Regardless after jumping through some technical issues I ended up getting the EX instead lol

Once XM and P1 enter, bye2 collectibles in definition of statue

Once XM and P1 enter, bye2 collectibles in definition of statue

You know it’s funny you say that. The digital sculpts have made for some uncanny realism when desired but to me it definitely feels a lot less like art and more like a collectible. Personal opinion of course...and I do still like the collectibles no questions asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I meant as in collectibles, a in limited piece. People hunting for the statues. Nowadays, you can get all the current statue available almost all the time. =)

Back