Premium Format Thor Breaker of Brimstone Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm lucky enough to live a few miles away from Sideshow but shipping is still like $35. I wish I could just pick these up and not deal with shipping at all.

The unfortunate part to me seems to be that because companies like XM can't sell directly in the US, this has caused inflated pricing on imported statues and unfortunately this has been accepted by collectors. Sideshow has responded in turn and has gone after the higher price point. I wish these other companies were allowed to compete in all markets equally because as it stands I have not seen any XM, P1, or Iron Studios piece that I would pay over $1k for. I know everyone talks about the quality being so great but they just don't look like they're worth it to me. Especially when I know a good amount of the final price is just markup (Iron Studios Cap and Iron man from AoU were around $550 USD in brazil and sell for easily $900 USD).

I mean damn
9b6d4a587f08620bcb7ba410b826ab7b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Damn this is an awesome statue but that price tag...OUCH! :panic:

Clearly everyone would like a lower price point...will say though that the base almost makes like two sculptures in 1...would a generic base with the same Thor be more appealing? and shave $150 off the price or so? For some I am sure that is the case.

Personally for this one, I like the beautiful base and great action sculpt and I guess ok with the price. I am not sure, final product will decide. That being said I prefer this at $670 to a static 1/3 figure on a oft used 3 gargoyle head for $1100...

I think the complaints about base sizes in 1/3 category are very legit....both from a Blah not this again base and the size. Clearly not comparing quality and I have been lucky all of my Sideshow pieces have been terrific and yes I def see a difference next to my Prime 1's. If sideshow delivers this Thor near the prototype then I am going to be a happy camper and pray that someday Prime 1 can get the go ahead to do these sizes also.

Don't get me wrong. I think the price is inline for what we may potentially get (I say "potential" because SSC doesn't have a great track record with QA) .

I personally love the big base. :D

With the prices continually going up I think I may be priced out of the hobby after I get the new WW PF and this one.

You should have predicted $700+ pfs because this one is basically that. :)

Yup, even at the asking price I'll PO.

This is really a standout piece so I'll suck it up even paying CA sales tax. This was one of 3 this year at SDCC that got me, and it's not even the most expensive one. Gotta be real picky with today's pricing.

I dont care how good this prototype looks, we all know ssc qc- the final product will not look like that. That price is insane, they have serious delusions of grandeur, who do they think they are??prime 1, iron studios or xm?? No way in hell id pay this much for one of their pfs

I dont care how good this prototype looks, we all know ssc qc- the final product will not look like that. That price is insane, they have serious delusions of grandeur, who do they think they are??prime 1, iron studios or xm?? No way in hell id pay this much for one of their pfs

It's not delusion. They're now priced the same as their competitors finally. Thanos at $1,200 sold out in minutes. And the other 3,500 sold out in less than a year. Sideshow is doing great despite their price increases. My last several Sideshow statues look as close to the prototype as my last several XM and Prime 1 statues. That's just my anecdote though. I know a lot of people had issues with their Thanos, for example.

There’s no way I’d pay for it without seeing the final version first, that’s for sure. I’ve seen enough from Sideshow to not be able to feel comfortable that the final version is going to be worth what the costs are becoming.

This is a $700 (total) Premium Format statue....it better live up to that in the final production pieces. Also when it comes to this statue I’m not a fan of fabric, and the single change out that it comes with isn’t good.

If they’re going to start getting into these prices then 1) the QC/final production better be top notch and 2) They really need to start offering more change outs. Should have come with a feathered helmet too.

There’s no way I’d pay for it without seeing the final version first, that’s for sure. I’ve seen enough from Sideshow to not be able to feel comfortable that the final version is going to be worth what the costs are becoming.

This is a $700 (total) Premium Format statue....it better live up to that in the final production pieces. Also when it comes to this statue I’m not a fan of fabric, and the single change out that it comes with isn’t good.

If they’re going to start getting into these prices then 1) the QC/final production better be top notch and 2) They really need to start offering more change outs. Should have come with a feathered helmet too.

My XM Ant Man has no switch outs. And the head came with the wrong hair color. XM had to replace them all.
My Prime 1 Spider-man 2099 has just a switch out head, like this Thor.
My XM Black Panther has just a switch out head.

Not every statue needs a lot of switch outs. Their nice to haves, but don't necessarily equate to price differences. I think Sideshow nailed this piece, and their price is in line with competitors. Not sure if I'm interested in adding another Thor to my collection though.

Daniel Bel just might be the best thing to happen to sideshow statues. Wonderful sculpt and detail. Say what you will about the direction of his Cap PF, but the sculpting details are amazing on that one too.

Give him a Surfer PF, and take every damn cent.

Just ordered the Thor by Walt Simonson Omnibus (Mighty Thor) thought it would be fun read at nearly 1200 pages and a great refresher...anyone own this? After this what would you consider to be the next step int he Beta Ray Bill story line?

I dont own the ob but I own almost every issue of Thor. Bill shows up here and there in De Falco and Thomas'runs in the 400's. Most notably The Thor Wars. He runs about in a few Silver Surfer arcs as well. Ron Marz run has him in the Blood and Thunder saga which ran through all the cosmo books as an event around #470ish I think. Basically a story of how do the cosmos heros fare against the Thunder god when he goes mad and doesnt hold back. Bill has had his own stories with Sif and against Galactus too in minis. Sif in Journey Into Mystery.

Beautiful statue! For me, this is like the Captain Marvel PF, really love how it turned out (should the final product be like the prototype) but not sure if I'm a fan enough of the character to purchase, especially at the price. Wonderful job though :clap

Back