Thor alteration suggestions.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"And everyone else?"

It seems that the majority of people are thankful that the Thor PF cape is NOT cloth.

maybe we're reading different threads. First off I apologize for being unclear. I didn't mean everyone as in "Everyone wants cloth!". I meant "everyone else who mentioned cloth" since I named Shai & Nash and didn't want to be impolite and exclude others who i knew had mentioned cloth but didn't know their names as i typed that post. So my meaning was to include them. That stated...

Out of the 12 people that expressed an opinion in this thread about the cape one way or the other...

~10 wanted cloth or some material like a cape would normally be made from (posts #2, 5, 9, 16, 20, 24, 28, 30, 38, 42).

~2 (Two) wanted a fully sculpted cape. (posts #26 & 39)

and post #27 expressed a worry that a fully sculpted cape would be more prone to damage during shipping, and that Cloth might work better. I'll call that a "neutral" vote but seems to lean towards cloth lol.

EDIT: add P!tu to the "Cloth" lol.

Last edited:
i think the sculpted cape is much better. if it was cloth, it would have looked like some drape hanging down unless sideshow put wires in it so we can shape it the way we like

If Thor's cape was cloth it would probably be similar to the Grievous cape & not flow very much.

I don't see the problem with the cloth there but some are looking for a fully sculpted torso like Cap. To tell you the truth I was amazed to see the cape sculpted. I was sure we would see a cloth and wire effort like Aragorn PF.

REX i think everyone who's mentioned cloth means w/ wires as well. there's no denying that Thor's cape need to be dynamic and dramatic, but the point is, it can be done WITH CLOTH (or pleather).
IMG_2071.jpg

https://com5.runboard.com/bmedicom.f6.t11932|offset=20
Edwint's amazing pics of what a cape can do^

fallen8.jpg

Sovereign's Spawn.

i think people who think the cape won't look awesome in cloth just underestimate the skill of the artisans making the piece. i have faith they can pull it off

I'd definitely prefer cloth over sculpted but its just a preference not a dealbreaker. What is for me is the positioning of the head....not sure if I'm too wild with the idea of not being able to see the facial sculpt from a standard display positioning.

Almost all the PF capes have wires for posing. The DCD Batman has a large cloth cape and the wires make it work very well in any pose you want.

I can understand wanting to maintain the integrity of this very specific pose and I'm guessing that's why they went with a sculpted cape. But I still would have preferred the more realistic cloth cape.

I'm not too bothered with the cape. At least it preserves the look of Thor, and doesn't cheapen it. That's why my beef is with the stuff that doesn't jive with his look, and I've pointed out the jerkin and his belt.

I'm not too bothered with the cape. At least it preserves the look of Thor, and doesn't cheapen it. That's why my beef is with the stuff that doesn't jive with his look, and I've pointed out the jerkin and his belt.

I agree with the belt!!

There's bigger problems then the cape. The cloth would have to be very thick for Thors cape.

maybe we're reading different threads. First off I apologize for being unclear. I didn't mean everyone as in "Everyone wants cloth!". I meant "everyone else who mentioned cloth" since I named Shai & Nash and didn't want to be impolite and exclude others who i knew had mentioned cloth but didn't know their names as i typed that post. So my meaning was to include them. That stated...

Out of the 12 people that expressed an opinion in this thread about the cape one way or the other...

~10 wanted cloth or some material like a cape would normally be made from (posts #2, 5, 9, 16, 20, 24, 28, 30, 38, 42).

~2 (Two) wanted a fully sculpted cape. (posts #26 & 39)

and post #27 expressed a worry that a fully sculpted cape would be more prone to damage during shipping, and that Cloth might work better. I'll call that a "neutral" vote but seems to lean towards cloth lol.

EDIT: add P!tu to the "Cloth" lol.

Got ya, Mookeylama. Thanks for clarifying!

I'm guessing that at this point we won't see any major changes. The cape will remain sculpted, and the "shirt" and belt will remain material. Which is fine, but it would be great if the shirt material got changed from cloth to leather or pleather.

Got ya, Mookeylama. Thanks for clarifying!

I'm guessing that at this point we won't see any major changes. The cape will remain sculpted, and the "shirt" and belt will remain material. Which is fine, but it would be great if the shirt material got changed from cloth to leather or pleather.

I think that Sideshow can change belt to a better material belt than what was shown.

you have to consider stuff like real cloth and leather!.. that adds production time to the statue. Would want to pay 400?? for some leather straps and capes?

also, i think the way Thor is holding the hammer should be angled more upwards. The hammer looks heavy on his hand as if it is about to fall on his head.

Back