The Wrestler

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rourke won the Golden Globe for Best Actor.

Check out the movie if you haven't yet-- it's great.

... I thought he looked bad cause he was in a bad accident way back when .... guess I could be wrong tho ... :monkey1

I think he went to the same doc as Kenny Rodgers.

kenny-rogers-plastic-surgery.jpg

:horror:horror:horror:horror:horror

:lol ... yeah .. now that I think about it, I think Im getting Rourke confused with Jan-Michael Vincent ..

I want to see this but unfortunately no theaters are carrying it around here right now.

... I thought he looked bad cause he was in a bad accident way back when .... guess I could be wrong tho ... :monkey1

Yeah he had a bad surgeon, but even before the bad surgery(ies) Mick looked bad after his boxing career. Well, nothing last forever, but he's still a great guy.

Mickey Rourke was perfect for this role, and I think he deserves the best actor win, but I will still be surprised if his career is totally "reborn" because of this film. I will be pleasantly surprised if it does though.

Mickey Rourke was perfect for this role, and I think he deserves the best actor win, but I will still be surprised if his career is totally "reborn" because of this film. I will be pleasantly surprised if it does though.

I agree, given the damage to his face from boxing and plastic surgery it will be tough to find roles that fit him, but I do hear he's up for a major role in Iron Man 2. I'm rooting for him, I really hate to see talent like that wasted.

I'm sure right now he's getting a lot of offers...
and about IM 2, I read somewhere that they are offering him only 250k, so maybe he won't do it... apparently that's why Samuel dropped out.

It sounds like Rourke is cashing in on this movie and will be appearing at Wrestlemania doing something with Chris Jericho.

Back