The Winston Effect: The Art and History of Stan Winston Studio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya i have been hunting for the signed version but cant find it anywhere :(

My copy is signed by Mahan, Rosengrant, Woodruff, and Gillis, but not the man himself. I might need that.

Just bought a copy of the signed edition for $35 shipped thanks to a 33% off coupon at Borders. Now to see if it ships

I got mine with the nicer cover signed at Monsters-n-motion a few years back

I looked for this book a while ago, and whilst browsing the reviews on Amazon I came across this little story,
I think it says it all about Stan........................

"16 years ago as an art student I was studying special effect make up, I had difficulty with an appliance I had an exam due, worried I rang Stan Winston Studio hoping to speak to a technician. Someone answered the phone and asked if they could help, I explained my predicament, for ten minutes I had the technician explain the process and a couple of tips. Really helpful guy so I asked for his name to write and say thanks, He just said Stan, I nearly fell over. My hero talking to me like a friend and helping some poor student,

This book represents this man and his work, community he created and his strengths and weaknesses. This is not a book that reads as a infomercial, it is a history warts and all of a fine art studio. Its explains why he would talk to a young student for nearly half an hour."

Kindest regards
Tys

I looked for this book a while ago, and whilst browsing the reviews on Amazon I came across this little story,

"16 years ago as an art student I was studying special effect make up, I had difficulty with an appliance I had an exam due, worried I rang Stan Winston Studio hoping to speak to a technician. Someone answered the phone and asked if they could help, I explained my predicament, for ten minutes I had the technician explain the process and a couple of tips. Really helpful guy so I asked for his name to write and say thanks, He just said Stan, I nearly fell over. My hero talking to me like a friend and helping some poor student,

This book represents this man and his work, community he created and his strengths and weaknesses. This is not a book that reads as a infomercial, it is a history warts and all of a fine art studio. Its explains why he would talk to a young student for nearly half an hour."

Kindest regards
Tys

Chris Howes , the man who ran away with everybodys money on this very forum told me this exact story before he did a runner. :lecture
I'd imagine it was him who left that message.

Kindest regards
Tys

:goodpost: That's a nice story showing what a humble yet amazing guy Stan Winston is.:lecture

R.I.P. Stan! :peace

I got mine with the nicer cover signed at Monsters-n-motion a few years back

Personally I like the original signed version cover more, it is more of a classic touch, like Greek sculptures, showing also The Man on the cover. It is more subtle and elegant.

I want this book so bad now. Which version is the signed copy? The statue cover?

That one. See my post above

Personally I like the original signed version cover more, it is more of a classic touch, like Greek sculptures, showing also The Man on the cover. It is more subtle and elegant.

That one. See my post above

The ony reason I prefer my cover is because I own the Alien Queen, the Predator and the Pumpkinhead...Nonetheless all of these books are truly worth having no matter what...The best of the best

Just to clarify for some here......There are also UNSIGNED versions of the book with the "more stylized" outer cover.
Only if the book is labeled as limited signed version, then you can be sure!

Just to clarify for some here......There are also UNSIGNED versions of the book with the "more stylized" outer cover.
Only if the book is labeled as limited signed version, then you can be sure!

It needs to have the red sticker on it indeed.

Exactly!
I have both signed and unsigned versions (both were gifts) and they have same cover!

This is the one to look for:

WinstonEffect01.jpg

This is a fantastic book, I recomend it to all Winston fans.
I've got the regular versiuon that I bought on release, not realizing
there was a signed copy also available...:gah:

Back