The Winston Effect: The Art and History of Stan Winston Studio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tewhitte

Super Freak
Reaction score
does anyone know where i could find a signed copy of this book, or know anyone who has it for sale?

thanks
Tewhitte

your best bet is prolly ebay or the WTB section. I got mine off of amazon last year, but they sold out already.

Indeed a superb book:

WinstonEffect01.jpg

WinstonEffect02.jpg

Yeah, that book rocks, a co-worker brought it in last week, I didn't get much work done that day. It wasn't the signed version, and it had a different cover, great book though. The section on the Predator, and Steve Wang is great. And then yesterday before I left early, they were watching Predator on his laptop in the break room, yeah!

whats the difference in covers besides artwork is one the sighned and the other unsighned.

only way to get it is online it seems all my book stores are sold out what cover do you guys think is better the one with stan winston on it or the other one wit hthe predator and other creations on it.

The Unsigned book has the more attractive cover. I have the signed version and I plan on purchasing the regular version as the ultimate coffe table book.

i bought my signed version from amazon about a year ago and it looks like they are now sold out. it is great in justifying the purchase of the HT figures by comparing them with the pictures in the book. i love it! if you can't get the signed version, just get the unsigned version and enjoy!

Boarders has the sighned limited edition on back order its 49.95 cant decide if iwant to order this or the other version off amazon for 32

Just to be clear the sighned version is the cover with stan winston on it wit hthe alien head it looks like a statue of all his greates work combined into one.

I ordered the limited editon cover from boarders tha twas on back order with tax it came to 53.45 amazon wanted 200 plus for this one. i should have it within 2 to 4 weeks so if anyone wants the one with stan the man winston on the cover order it from boarders before its giggdy giggdy gone. The other cover version is selling for 32 dollars on amazon I almost bought that one but was thinking ex or fail lol.

I went directly for the signed version because of 2 things: I do collect autographs and since Stan the Man is among the stars now alas, we are not able to get his signature anymore, except this book (or maybe some other expensive autographed photographs).

Back