The Will Smith slaps Chris Rock thread - plus Sam Jackson gets his Oscar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are few people I find as insincere as Will Smith. Schwarzenegger is another one.

It's in their phony laugh.
In the big late-2021 GQ profile, Smith all but admits that his whole public/professional persona of the past 30 years was phony, and that what we are seeing now is the "real" WS. :horror :lol

There are some strange things in that article, and things that inform his mental breakdown at the Oscars.

He REFUSED TO LEAVE!

The Academy just allowed it!

Was the Academy security staff on break?

Was LA FREAKING PD not available?

No wait LAPD WAS ON FREAKING SITE!

HOLY CRAP this just keeps getting worse and worse for woke hollywood.

Last edited by a moderator:
He REFUSED TO LEAVE!

The Academy just allowed it!

Was the Academy security staff on break?

Was LA FREAKING PD not available?

No wait LAPD WAS ON FREAKING SITE!

HOLY CRAP this just keeps getting worse and worse for woke hollywood.
If silence is violence, is being silent in the face of violence just as bad? :dunno

So no Cruise, Smith or Travolta. And that's all.

And Juliette Lewis. No Cruise, Smith, Travolta, Lewis. And that's it. Done.

And Jason Lee.
Ugh.. Juliette Lewis... Don't even say that name. Anytime I see her my initial reaction is to..
:yuck

He looks unrecognizable these days with the chrome-dome and vintage GI Joe flocked beard. Uma looked great but I had no idea who she was dancing with on the Oscars stage.

I guess his hair was such a part of his persona in his earlier career that when it thinned he just wanted to go with the combo of GI Joe-GI Jane. Oh... oops. :thwak

Ugh.. Juliette Lewis... Don't even say that name.

batman-v-superman-batman.gif

I’ve never understood his appeal. Always figured it was a cultural thing, like I’d have to be American to ‘get’ it. I’ve always had a soft spot for Arnie tho, for all the reasons Bill Burr talks about in his ‘gold digging whores’ set.
I grew up watching Arnie kill bad guys, so no doubt my judgement is askew. Will Smith ... he's always been there, in the background but I didn't think one way or the other about him but if pressed I'd say he seems to be pretty one-note. Maybe two.
I really have no interest in Will Smith and never have.

He reminds me of Tom Cruise. Must be the Scientology.
I didn't know he was a Stupidologist.

Ugh.. Juliette Lewis... Don't even say that name. Anytime I see her my initial reaction is to..
:yuck
It's a little weird she was under 18 when Scorsese had her suck DeNiro's thumb. That was everyone's intro to her. 😬

There are few people I find as insincere as Will Smith. Schwarzenegger is another one.

It's in their phony laugh.
I remember seeing a Planet Hollywood interview with Arnie, Sly, and Bruce and it was like a condensed look at all three of their vibes as actors. Bruce came across as disinterested and dry. Sly seemed more self-conscious and calculating, maybe even a little pretentious. Arnold was just happy to be there. If that's an act, it's done more good for his interpersonal reputation than the two other personalities.

So no Cruise, Smith or Travolta. And that's all.

And Juliette Lewis. No Cruise, Smith, Travolta, Lewis. And that's it. Done.

And Jason Lee.
The '90s must have been excruciating. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back