The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found this on IMDB. It certainly wasn't in the episode:

https://www.imdb.com/media/rm3239301888/tt1520211?ref_=tt_pv_md_1

Looks like a bullet wound to the head, but some chewing done to his neck. :confused:

Plus they have him listed for future episodes. Not that they are definitive proof since IMDB is often wrong about things like that. Heck, they've got Scott Wilson listed in some of them too. Now I really don't know what to make of this :lol

His death was weird. It didn't feel right. And it's the kind of death that leaves room for him to return.

Andrea's made sense. Her story had run it's course, it was obvious that she wasn't coming back. Same with Lori.
I think that's how most people feel about the Guv's. Personally I was OK with him going into the back half and thought it made sense, narratively, but IMO it's ridiculous to think he survived.

I could see maybe a shot of him dead on the ground or something as I expect Michonne or someone will finish off Hershel, but his death by Lilly was plain as day. Honestly I kind of hate this line of thinking of 'oh, we didn't see his death so anything is possible'. It's why so many couldn't figure out or accept Tony's death at the end of The Soprano's. Doesn't have to be shown every single time. Maybe they just gave the audience enough credit to figure it out. Let's see, he's partly responsible for the girl's death, laying on the ground dying, has a gun pointed at his head by someone that has reason to kill him, we hear the bang, but oh noooos, not clear enough since we didn't see his head explode. :slap

Looks like a bullet wound to the head, but some chewing done to his neck. :confused:

Plus they have him listed for future episodes. Not that they are definitive proof since IMDB is often wrong about things like that. Heck, they've got Scott Wilson listed in some of them too. Now I really don't know what to make of this :lol

Could be something they'll show in Feb. We might see his actual death then. They just like keeping people guessing........and arguing. :lol

Maybe he did a Beatrix Kiddo from Kill Bill and ate the bullet like a pro?

Nah, he's dead. Gotta be. That's be ridiculous for him to return again. :lol

I wouldn't really go by what imdb has listed. In the beginning of the season I looked up DM to see which episode he'd be back in and it had him listed in all of them. I'm guessing that photo is either a leaked image from the next episode or maybe from an alternate take from the mid season finale.

Yeah, and he was a regular until he died. Any series regular (ie appears regularly) would be until their untimely demise. The Gov was gone, came back briefly, and then suddenly died. He was a guest star at best and they could have advertised that as such. Him being named a regular made me think we'd see more of him - perhaps his travels in the first episode even. The whole situation/marketing/etc with the Governor has just been odd this season - which is why I'm not totally sold on him being gone just yet.

I actually would have preferred him to have been gone all this year only to show up unexpectedly (like in the comics) in the future to what we got. I loved the 2 Governor episodes! I feel he is a strong character and could carry his own. I was fully behind the idea of a Governor spin off. :dunno

I remember before the season when I saw he was named as a regular I also thought we would see him all the way to the end maybe.

Lili lost her kid because of this lunatic, she saw him shot her in the head.. hell yes she paid him back with a bullet in the head. He is DEAD.

I held out hope that Lily didn't put him down before the walkers got to him, but that picture crushed it.

Even if that blade had missed a direct hit on his heart (which I think it did; he lived too long afterwards), the amount of bleeding that would take place in the area around the heart would bleed it dry. That's not a wound. That's a kill. It would take a miracle for the best hospital in the world to save someone from that kind of damage.

And the prison was ready for him to return (or did they accidentally leave all those guns out there by the fence?) What they weren't ready for was a flu and a tank.

Lili lost her kid because of this lunatic, she saw him shot her in the head.. hell yes she paid him back with a bullet in the head. He is DEAD.

How is it the Governor's fault that she died?

It's not everyday you have to worry about ridiculous underground mud walkers. That floodwater scenario was major BS. :lol

How is it the Governor's fault that she died?

It's not everyday you have to worry about ridiculous underground mud walkers. That floodwater scenario was major BS. :lol

If he hadn't run off on his vendetta to kill Michonne and Rick, he'd have still been at the camp and it's doubtful that incident would've happened. He promised to protect her. He didn't.

Nah, that's bogus. What if he was out on a run and the same deal happened? He can't be everywhere.

He saved her last episode from the same shenanigans from "behind curtain #1" walker. If he had saved her from the one from episode 8, there would be another contrived attack tomorrow.

It's not the Governor's fault she died, it's the scripts randomness of "underground mud walkers" or other freak occurrences when the writers need to conveniently off a character that doesn't serve a purpose to them anymore.

If he hadn't run off on his vendetta to kill Michonne and Rick, he'd have still been at the camp and it's doubtful that incident would've happened. He promised to protect her. He didn't.

He barely saved her from a Walker the previous episode. Her mother should have been watching her more closely (and by that I mean physical distance). He can't always be around to protect her. That's all on Lily. She didn't even have the sense to destroy the brain afterward. Brian had to do that - at which point he went off the deep end permanently.

Yup. Lilly was right there.

And even so. Who the hell could conceive the idea of a random underground walker? Nobody. The kid was just playing in the mud, the fact that she dug up a walker AND it somehow managed to do damage to her with a mouth and nails full of mud is a one in a million chance. I was literally rilling my eyes at that one. That's really the only thing that really annoyed me about episode 8. The best they had was a mud walker? Really? There just so happened to be one right where she was digging? It had enough power to inflict damage when it's been buried and water logged for god knows how long? :lol

He barely saved her from a Walker the previous episode. Her mother should have been watching her more closely (and by that I mean physical distance). He can't always be around to protect her. That's all on Lily. She didn't even have the sense to destroy the brain afterward. Brian had to do that - at which point he went off the deep end permanently.

Definitely, but it looked as if she was left to defend the whole camp by herself and with the walker on the lake trying to cross and nearly doing so, Lily being up on the motorhome was more than justified, needing that vantage point. If the Governor hadn't run off with everybody, I highly doubt her daughter getting bit ever have happened (then at least).

And didn't he tell her that they'd be safe from walkers on that side of the water? He assumed there'd be nothing for her to worry about while he was gone, and he used it to convince her that she'd be safe in his absence.

It would have been more clever if, instead of having an interest in "peanut butter sandwiches", she went swimming in the lake that the Governor put Pete in. That would have been poetic.

The mud monster just doesn't fly in my opinion.

That would have been too predictable for me. I liked the flood zone walker. Flooding happens in the spring. What time of year was this? Midsummer? The ground was still soft and everything. Not enough time for serious decomposition to set in, and the clay would slow that even further.

Back