The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was also upset but take into account that next season opens on the aftermath of the prison. We've seen it in the previews, the towers smouldering, shots of the walkers entering over the fences.

The season isn't over this was the midfinale. We may still see a better shot of just how the Govenor bought it and if Hershel's head is a zombie now.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I hope not, Hershel deserves some respect in death. I still can't believe how brutal his beheading was. Usually in films a beheading is done in one slice however what we saw last night was more grounded in real life. A head would take a good hacking to come fully off.

Damn he whacked a good 3 times after the intial first blow. It was shocking. I thought he'd get a bullet to the head. I honestly didnt think he would actually get Tyreesed. Poor Hershal. :monkey2

Hersh was hard to watch but not shocking. I knew that was coming.

I was shocked however when Rick got shot
Spoiler Spoiler:
and when the little girl saved Tyrese and killed Alicia. Also I was suprised Bob, Sasha, Beth, and Tara made it out alive. I think the best things in the moment of it all going down though was Daryl's zombie puppet grenade and the fist fight. Seeing Rick turning purple while he was being choked was pretty intense.

Yeah I had to laugh at Daryl's walker shield. Purple looks good on Rick. :lol.
Seriously, I thought TG was going to kill Rick.

I guess what I mean is, if they keep killing off main characters, will the others be capable of carrying the show. Will they be interesting enough. For some that are calling for Rick and Daryl's head, you have to wonder who would carry the show then. Carl and his band of little girls?

The show only needs Rick & by the looks of it, Daryl to carry it.

A completely different show I know but Lost only needed Jack & Locke to carry it.

Neither version really sits well with me, although the comic was completely unsatisfying in every way.
Spoiler Spoiler:

They can fix it still though, if we do see more aftermath in the yard with the midseason premiere they can show Lilly looking down at the Gov the way he was looking down at his fishtank.

I guess what I mean is, if they keep killing off main characters, will the others be capable of carrying the show. Will they be interesting enough. For some that are calling for Rick and Daryl's head, you have to wonder who would carry the show then. Carl and his band of little girls?

Hey! There's a spin off for ya! :lol

Well I certainly don't want Rick dead but I'm in the camp that wouldn't stop watching if Daryl died. I don't necassarily want it to happen, but I think they could get along without him. And yea, I would agree they need to build some of the secondary characters up so they feel more central, particularly Tyrese.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Damn he whacked a good 3 times after the intial first blow. It was shocking. I thought he'd get a bullet to the head. I honestly didnt think he would actually get Tyreesed. Poor Hershal. :monkey2

Yeah I had to laugh at Daryl's walker shield. Purple looks good on Rick. :lol.
Seriously, I thought TG was going to kill Rick.

Yea when he started turning purple, you knew someone was about to die. I actually said out loud "here it comes." :lol

The show only needs Rick & by the looks of it, Daryl to carry it.

A completely different show I know but Lost only needed Jack & Locke to carry it.

That's why I say you can't kill off every main character because it just won't work, at least now.

Now, if they start asking for more money or a bigger cut or whatever.

They're dead! :lol

They can fix it still though, if we do see more aftermath in the yard with the midseason premiere they can show Lilly looking down at the Gov the way he was looking down at his fishtank.

Well I certainly don't want Rick dead but I'm in the camp that wouldn't stop watching if Daryl died. I don't necassarily want it to happen, but I think they could get along without him. And yea, I would agree they need to build some of the secondary characters up so they feel more central, particularly Tyrese.

Yea when he started turning purple, you knew someone was about to die. I actually said out loud "here it comes." :lol

Honestly don't know if they would give us that. I'd like to see the Gov fearful for his life for a change.

Tyreese definitely needs to step into the forefront of the group. He's supposed to be one of Rick's right hand men but he was off in the tombs doing his own thing this whole season because of Karen.

I honestly want to know if Daryl dies, would it really effect the show that it would lose massive numbers. I really doubt it.

That's why I say you can't kill off every main character because it just won't work, at least now.

Now, if they start asking for more money or a bigger cut or whatever.

They're dead! :lol

I think the show could survive without Daryl. Seeing Rick & Carls' father & son thing at the end of the episode last night makes me think the show could continue OK with that at it's heart.

I think the show could survive without Daryl. Seeing Rick & Carls' father & son thing at the end of the episode last night makes me think the show could continue OK with that at it's heart.

All characters should be able to die, at any point. That's what makes this story so unique, Kirkman isn't afraid to kill off people you've become attached to at any time.

All characters should be able to die, at any point. That's what makes this story so unique, Kirkman isn't afraid to kill off people you've become attached to at any time.

If the show revolved around a father and son relationship they could kill Rick off towards the end of the show with Carl taking his father's place and completing the story arc etc...

Honestly don't know if they would give us that. I'd like to see the Gov fearful for his life for a change.

Tyreese definitely needs to step into the forefront of the group. He's supposed to be one of Rick's right hand men but he was off in the tombs doing his own thing this whole season because of Karen.

I honestly want to know if Daryl dies, would it really effect the show that it would lose massive numbers. I really doubt it.

Daryl will be alive and well through S4 I predict, but if he was to get killed off Im guessing it won't happen til season 5. Perhaps a S5 mid season cliffhanger? :horror: Daryl's death if it was to happen would not affect the ratings/viewings imo. Sure people will be mad, including myself but I'll still watch the show.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think it would lose some fans who watch it just for him. A lot has to do with what the show is about at that time. If Rick is gone too, or whatever.

Of course Kirkman can kill off anyone he wants, but I think he'll think good and hard about killing off Rick, Carl or Daryl. He even left Herschel in longer than he planned. A lot too would depend on how long he forsees the show going, and also if there really will be a spin off.

Daryl will be alive and well through S4 I predict, but if he was to get killed off Im guessing it won't happen til season 5. Perhaps a S5 mid season cliffhanger? :horror: Daryl's death if it was to happen would not affect the ratings/viewings imo. Sure people will be mad, including myself but I'll still watch the show.

I really don't forsee them killing off Daryl anytime soon. He'll probably go before Rick and that ain't gonna be for quite awhile.

Unless money becomes an issue then AMC will issue a hit on them both. :lol

I think it would lose some fans who watch it just for him. A lot has to do with what the show is about at that time. If Rick is gone too, or whatever.

Of course Kirkman can kill off anyone he wants, but I think he'll think good and hard about killing off Rick, Carl or Daryl. He even left Herschel in longer than he planned. A lot too would depend on how long he forsees the show going, and also if there really will be a spin off.

Another good point. Maybe RK is saving Daryl for a spinoff. He already has a huge fan base. :goodpost:

If a spinoff happens it won't be until the point we get to multiple communities existing and trading with each other imo. Than you can have a spinoff focus on one of those groups. Maybe x main character decides to live in a differant community from the rest of the main cast and that could be it's own tie in show.

Spoiler Spoiler:

That would be the most earth-shattering thing in the show probably.

If a spinoff happens it won't be until the point we get to multiple communities existing and trading with each other imo. Than you can have a spinoff focus on one of those groups. Maybe x main character decides to live in a differant community from the rest of the main cast and that could be it's own tie in show.

That's a hellva idea, one spin off idea I'd actually like.

I would still like to see a spin-off that shows the beginning of the outbreak.

I would still like to see a spin-off that shows the beginning of the outbreak.

Well Kirkman said the format of next season will be a little differant and a few people have mentioned flashbacks so we may still see more of that on the main show. We got a glimpse with Shane at the hospital and than Shane with Lori when they were dropping Napalm in Atlanta.

Back