The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The beheading was fine, and yea read some History, alot of people who were beheaded by swords took tons of blows. I don't care how sharp the Katana is, we're talking about bone. Even in the comic it took the Governor multiple blows. Here he got one shot in, Rick opened fire and the Governor had to take cover.

I really wanted to see Michonne slice off the Governor's arm (alluding to the comic). I was expecting her to start chopping him up when she went to go look at him bleeding to death.

I was irritated they didn't show him getting his good eye blown out by Lilly. Not even a shot of him dead. They showed Hershel's decapitated body (though it was out of focus) and the Lesbian Soldier getting her brains blown out by a little girl. :dunno

I was also upset but take into account that next season opens on the aftermath of the prison. We've seen it in the previews, the towers smouldering, shots of the walkers entering over the fences.

The season isn't over this was the midfinale. We may still see a better shot of just how the Govenor bought it and if Hershel's head is a zombie now.

and if Hershel's head is a zombie now.

I hope not, Hershel deserves some respect in death. I still can't believe how brutal his beheading was. Usually in films a beheading is done in one slice however what we saw last night was more grounded in real life. A head would take a good hacking to come fully off.

I think perhaps it's possible we could see Lilly still out there trying to figure out what to do, reunites with Tara, and she puts down Hershel.

Haven't seen it yet but couldn't help myself but come in here. Disgusted they've killed Hershel. ****ing typical Walking Dead. Build up a character just before you kill him. Don't know why I didn't see it coming straight away.

I hated that Herschel died too, but I figured he would.

I for one find it adds realism to a series.

It does to a certain extent. It's been said before that comics aren't like TV. In TV shows people invest themselves into characters and care about them. Killing them off isn't a good thing, unless the show is near it's end. They can't keep killing off the main characters without replacing them. So far, they haven't brought in anyone who people can feel anything for.

It does to a certain extent. It's been said before that comics aren't like TV. In TV shows people invest themselves into characters and care about them. Killing them off isn't a good thing, unless the show is near it's end. They can't keep killing off the main characters without replacing them. So far, they haven't brought in anyone who people can feel anything for.

I dunno I quite like Bob and I'm warming up to Tyrese, both of them have potential to become very likable. Same for that one little girl of Carol's and Beth.

I do think too many of the vets have become unlikable. Daryl and Michonne both need more time spent exploring what makes them tick. Glenn is a worthless crybaby that I hope dies soon. Maggie is just kinda there right now. With the Governor and Hershel now gone they can easily correct all that though. Cept Glenn, he maybe unredeemable at this point.

I hope not, Hershel deserves some respect in death. I still can't believe how brutal his beheading was. Usually in films a beheading is done in one slice however what we saw last night was more grounded in real life. A head would take a good hacking to come fully off.

That has to be up there with the Dale death and possibly the shock of seeing Sophia come out the barn.

Hersh was hard to watch but not shocking. I knew that was coming.

I was shocked however when Rick got shot
Spoiler Spoiler:
and when the little girl saved Tyrese and killed Alicia. Also I was suprised Bob, Sasha, Beth, and Tara made it out alive. I think the best things in the moment of it all going down though was Daryl's zombie puppet grenade and the fist fight. Seeing Rick turning purple while he was being choked was pretty intense.

Why?
Because he got sick and couldn't participate in the shooting?
You guys sound like Carol.

He had a mental breakdown after the torture. He started alot of **** about Merle, he took a truck and left the prison the first time the Goveror attacked and Hershel almost died as a result. He came back and has been sick all season. Even Sasha was just as sick as Glenn and fought. The kids were sick and fought. Glenn didn't even get the escape bus to wait for his fiance Maggie who's dad just died. Completely worthless.

Hersh was hard to watch but not shocking. I knew that was coming.

I was shocked however when Rick got shot
Spoiler Spoiler:
and when the little girl saved Tyrese and killed Alicia. Also I was suprised Bob, Sasha, Beth, and Tara made it out alive. I think the best things in the moment of it all going down though was Daryl's zombie puppet grenade and the fist fight. Seeing Rick turning purple while he was being choked was pretty intense.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Kirkman on TD mentioned how as he got older he realised the Gov's comic death wasn't that satisfying and yet it played out the exact same way on the show except even less satisfying because we didn't see the final headshot.

He had a mental breakdown after the torture. He started alot of **** about Merle,

Given the circumstances, entirely warranted.

he took a truck and left the prison the first time the Goveror attacked and Hershel almost died as a result.

Uh... he was on a run BEFORE the governor attacked. He didn't take it and bail during the attack. If he hadn't returned when he did, Hershall would likely have died at the first attack.

He came back and has been sick all season. Even Sasha was just as sick as Glenn and fought. The kids were sick and fought. Glenn didn't even get the escape bus to wait for his fiance Maggie who's dad just died. Completely worthless.

Not true. Sasha just blacked out getting to her sell. She's been somewhat coherent after Hershall got her into bed. Glenn passed out, hacked up blood and had to have a breathing tube inserted in his lungs to get air.

Do you watch the show? Or just read some hater's internet rants on what happened? :lol

Kirkman on TD mentioned how as he got older he realised the Gov's comic death wasn't that satisfying and yet it played out the exact same way on the show except even less satisfying because we didn't see the final headshot.

Neither version really sits well with me, although the comic was completely unsatisfying in every way.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I dunno I quite like Bob and I'm warming up to Tyrese, both of them have potential to become very likable. Same for that one little girl of Carol's and Beth.

I do think too many of the vets have become unlikable. Daryl and Michonne both need more time spent exploring what makes them tick. Glenn is a worthless crybaby that I hope dies soon. Maggie is just kinda there right now. With the Governor and Hershel now gone they can easily correct all that though. Cept Glenn, he maybe unredeemable at this point.

I guess what I mean is, if they keep killing off main characters, will the others be capable of carrying the show. Will they be interesting enough. For some that are calling for Rick and Daryl's head, you have to wonder who would carry the show then. Carl and his band of little girls?

Hey! There's a spin off for ya! :lol

Back