The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Writing is so bad. They somehow made me care nothing about Carl dying, quite an achievement! Dragged on forever.

Also, what was with the super soft focus on Carl during his death scene(s) ? Amateurish looking.

It's the only way that they can try and pick up the disaster the show has become. Ratings continually plummet as it goes so the only way for them to try to recoup is kill off one of the remaining original actors. Give him the grievous wound on the season finale because it will make everyone talk about it and those that stopped watching to come back out of curiosity. Then have the person croak in the midseason premiere in hopes that it will bring everyone back in and spark interest again.

Purely for ratings and nothing more.

Carl's death kept dragging and dragging to the point it felt like hands on a chalkboard. Is it wrong I felt more sad with Gavens death! I kinda wanted him to turn to the light side.

i honestly dont think anyone even cares anymore. we are passed the point of even watch to troll. kinda sad really.

carl is gone, they ruined this kid's life, they have no shame, everyone is suing amc.... what else is there.
I cant think of a single person i know in real life that will watch the episode. most people are done.

Everyone is suing AMC is a bit overboard, don't cha think?

Riggs' life isn't ruined. He said he was very happy and he's already got a new job and can now do things he's been wanting to do. There has been a rumor of him leaving since last fall when his contract was up. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders and he'll be fine. He's lasted longer on a tv show than most kids do.

I thought it was really good. Riggs did a good job for one thing, and we learned a few things as well.

And Morgan! :yess:

I found the episode to be generally well executed, if a bit over long. But it did what they set out to do. I thought the Carl send off scenes were appropriately sad. In my opinion it was one of the stronger episodes this season.
That said, I still disagree with the creative decision to kill off his character. I know the show and the comic book have differed significantly in the past, and while it’s often bothered me, I’ve been able to reconcile a lot of the differences. They are two different mediums, and there will always be some differences between an adaptation and the source material. That said, this difference seems like such a fundamental change to the storyline for me. I’ve hung in there with the show for this long, so I doubt I’ll stop now, but I would say this change bothers me more than any of the others.

It started again? What happened?

carl ded

like we all said he was

Everyone is suing AMC is a bit overboard, don't cha think?

Riggs' life isn't ruined. He said he was very happy and he's already got a new job and can now do things he's been wanting to do. There has been a rumor of him leaving since last fall when his contract was up. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders and he'll be fine. He's lasted longer on a tv show than most kids do.

whats his new job?

Last edited:
carl ded

like we all said he was

whats his new job?

You know they said but I'm not sure. He has been auditioning for more roles in movies (I didn't know he auditioned for both Spiderman and Han Solo) and he's suppose to be on stage in LA, not sure if that's a play or musically.

Surprised some liked it, the writing was appallingly bad in my opinion.

Felt more like a daytime soap opera.

I just didn't see that. Seemed okay to me. Could be you're just burned out on the show. I think those that are just aren't going to see it the same way as before.

I don't think they ever pulled someone's guts out by their bare hands on a soap opera. That would be great! :lol

Longest....death.....scene....evvvvvvveeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............

Such insipid moral hand wringing.

Kill a dozen guys minutes before but no don't kill the leader Morgan! Don't u do it! You're better than that Morgan! Stay on the moral high ground Morgan! Let the bad man live with what he's done Morgan! Yeah he'll have bad nightmares Morgan! No quality sleep for him Morgan!
Thats if he has conscious...we can't be sure.... he could go back to Negan and we'll have to fight him all over again.... and lose more people we care about... but at least we'll feel morally superior while we grieve over dead friends and loved ones... so yeah...

End the show.

I need to go back and watch a few episodes of the early seasons (Circa S1-S5), to determine if the production value of this show has always been this way (horrible) or dropped considerably in the past two seasons. Not only do I feel the writing is bad but the quality of the show looks flat, boring and cheap. I was seriously cringing at Carl’s 1.5 death scene. The boy was recapping the entire show season to season….”And tell Scarecrow he was always my favourite".

I thought the editing was bad having the Morgan/Carl storyline parallel. At the end I got it “it was al about passing the torch to the little boy”, but the cuts were horrible. Im pretty sure it was Chadler singing the intro song (not bad)

In the end I was more sad that they killed off Gavin only because at this point Im looking for something fresh and I thought Gavin had a real understanding of the world around him. I liked the lines between him and the king. It was odd that when in the theatre King E just stop talking. I thought he was going to say “No Morgan its not time for his curtain call"

Back