The Toys That Made Us.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loved the Real American Hero - G.I. Joe line. I was a HUGE collector of it a while back but ended up selling my collection. Even the resurgence of G.I. Joe and the 25th Anniversary waves just before the movies kind of crapped on everything.

I’ve met DePriest and Hama at Joecons. DePriest was the head of the Joe line at the time and Hama is legendary for the comics. A lot of the longtime fans define the line through Hama’s initial Marvel run which was grim and realistic (Cobra Commander is brutal in it).

Watched SW and thought it was interesting, though I knew most of that stuff anyway. It was cool to see some of the rare pieces people have in their collection.

Just watched all 4 episodes. Really cool! They gotta do Transformers

This is only the first half of it. They will release the second half i believe in february. They confirmed they have made episodes about Transformers, Star Trek and Lego.

This is a good series. I thought the He-Man one was the best, those guys basically pulled **** out of their ass and had fun doing it. Best segment of the bunch.The Barbie one was good too. Had no idea about Jack Ryan.

I saw my little Kenner The Dark Knight Collection Batmobile sitting there in a lot of the tv throwback settings. I gotta assume Kenner Batman, or the legacy of Batman toys in general, will be one of the future episodes.

I thought the He-Man one was the best, those guys basically pulled **** out of their ass and had fun doing it.

During the 80's, things like that worked. Kids didn't have access to internet, and having a NES video game console in your home was considered a luxury.

Just watched episode 1, great insight to how people with passion and some very savy business sense (Kenner's lawyer specifically) made some of the most endearing toys.

Watched the 4 episodes this morning. Really enjoyed them. Hopefully they make a few more. Would love to see ThunderCats, Ninja Turtles, Super Hero lines, and one on failed toy lines people love.

I liked it overall, especially gi Joe. I would love a lego and transformer episode. I was also a big fan of starting line up and M.A.S.K. toys. Super powers, secret wars, yikes I'm a loser. :) someday they will have sideshow and hot toys hopefully.

Great show. I'm thrilled that Ron Rudat got so much attention. GI Joe would not be the GI Joe that I know and love without his influence. And, of course, Larry Hama. Hearing about how these decisions are made in the boardrooms are really the most interesting pieces I haven't heard before though. I was also really interested in the guy working for the Department of Defense contractor who helped design Barbie. And made out like a bandit with his one and a half percent commission on everything sold.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Im not even sure why there was a barbie episode...

As big and as popular as barbie was, we all know who the audience for this show is..... what a waste of time

Back