The Toys That Made Us.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched SW, MOTU, and GI Joe over the past few days. Great stuff.

In the GI Joe episode there was a guy who had what appeared to be 5-6 vintage Joes in a larger scale (6 inch?) on the desk in front of him. Are those available to the public?

Those are the 2-ups. Joes and most other figures are sculpted in that size and the scaled down for production. The originals are very rare to find. I believe there are people that make reproductions test shots that are just upscaled regular figures.

Yup. Would be nice to have. I think the ones shown was from 86 lineup.

No kidding. They were minty fresh and looked awesome. Even just having 5-6 like he did would be an awesome garnish to a vintage collection. I know he had Killer Croc (1987) and the white Stalker (1988?)

EDIT: Stalker with white outfit I mean, lol

whoa this is a series? i thought it was just a documentary. now i’m even more interested.

kind of reminds me of the cheesy show that was on travel channel, can’t remember the name but i feel like that’s why i’m reserved. :lol

Evel Knievel and The Six Million Dollar Man would be worthy of a show to my mind as well.Im surprised the latter wasn't mentioned more in Kenners surmise pre-Star Wars.

"Kung-Fu grip" was invented by a Englishman,Bob Brechin of Palitoy.And the realistic hair as well,now I think about it.But still the most interesting programme I've seen in awhile,on a subject dear to my heart.

Just saw the Star Wars, Barbie and G.I Joe episodes. I wasn't aware the Barbie episode wasn't for kids!

:lol

yea well the series is aimed at adults who played with these things. :)

Kids don't care how their toys came about.

I think whoever sanded the nipples off the original Barbie must have gotten their nipple-shaving hands on the new Val Kilmer Batman figure too. They also shaved the nipples off of the Mutant Leader from Dark Knight.

Mattel hates nipples.

That's what you call burn out. :lol

I think whoever sanded the nipples off the original Barbie must have gotten their nipple-shaving hands on the new Val Kilmer Batman figure too. They also shaved the nipples off of the Mutant Leader from Dark Knight.

Mattel hates nipples.

And those aren't nipples, they are spikes. :slap

I thought the He-Man ep was hilarious. Went from $400 mil to $7 mil in one years time. Yikes.

I’ll be watching that in a few minutes, that’s the only one I haven’t seen. I was kinda hoping the G.I Joe episode would have some reference to the current 1/6 craze, but there was no mention of it. I’d love to see someone do a documentary on the state of the 1/6 market.

Back