The THING Problems Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah i know , I think my total was $411, so like you say whey should we spend money like that for a defective item.

Fingers and toes crossed mine will be okay but if its not, its even gonna cost me more because I don't have a Digi camera to send them pics.I'll have to buy one.
I rarely buy direct from Sideshow because of things like breakages/their QC etc, but I had to with this so I could get the Exclusive version.
I'm gonna have to start praying until he arrives.

You go for the replacement pal, you shouldnt pay good money for a broken one
x :duff
buy your digi camera from wal-mart ,take the pic then return it.or you can just buy a disposable. come on people use your heads

Was curious to see what was happening with The Thing and damn that leg is mucked up. That stinks big time man. I know SS will take care of ya.

SS has great customer service but their QC leaves a lot to be desired.

They do have great customer service but honestly I think their QC is pretty good overall. As Lonnie said basically for every person thats had an issue there are 2-3 that haven't. I've only had a handful of issues (goes to knock on all the wood in the house) in the time I've been buying SS items. I don't think its accurate to say their QC leave a lot to be desired.

I have no idea what Sideshow's defect rate is one products like this. But I do know from spending some time in the manufacturing biz that anything over 7-10% is very VERY bad.

I have no idea what Sideshow's defect rate is one products like this. But I do know from spending some time in the manufacturing biz that anything over 7-10% is very VERY bad.

If my companies defect rate was 2%, we'd have daily meetings trying to figure out what went wrong, how to fix it, and how to prevent it from happening again.

I guess you lose that when you're paying people in rice

buy your digi camera from wal-mart ,take the pic then return it.or you can just buy a disposable. come on people use your heads
I can use my head its just the lower half of my body that wont work so being disabled and housebound I cant just go to the supermarket unfortunately.

Hopefully he will arrive okay.
If not, I need to buy a Digi camera anyways as friends are wanting to see my collection(when i finally get it displayed), so if he comes damaged I suppose it will give me another reason to do some online shopping
:duff
x

They do have great customer service but honestly I think their QC is pretty good overall. As Lonnie said basically for every person thats had an issue there are 2-3 that haven't.

I gotta agree. (Knocks on Wood before making statement) I have been ordering from SSC since 2005 and while it definitely a shorter time period than others here I haven't had one issue with a piece until SIM and even that was much less severe than others. The problem lies in the fact that people wait months for these pieces and the idea that another set of wait times is in order to get a long awaited piece replaced is frustrating in itself. SIM's problem was wide spread but then again you have issues that were more severe which make folks like me actually thankful for only a couple of scratches. It just seems like more because people are jumping from one issue to another but outside the SIM fiasco I don't remember seeing a flurry of issues since the IM LSB....

...just got my Thing Exclusive today....unwrapped it, and noticed a big patch that was not oversprayed with the lighter mustard colour, running from the chin area down to the shorts. The area I am talking about appears a pinky-brown colour. How on earth anyone can miss this is beyond me. There are also smaller bits that are the same all over the hands, feet, backs of his legs, etc. At least he has all his limbs attached, but to be honest it wouldn't have mattered to me if they had all been broken off, such is the bad state of the paint job.

I would agree with others that the overall quality is far from that of Hulk, which inspired me to buy direct from SS this time around and have them ship to me in England.

I have just emailed Sideshow, let's see what thay say.
My camera isn't working at the moment, so I can't take pics to send to SS or put on the forum, but of course I am sure that I will need to get this sorted for SS to progress things.

i really feel the problem is partly with the QC from ss, not doing enough spot checking, but mostly from the chinese factory ss chose to manufacture these defective pieces. there has to be a certain amount of trust from ss because it's impossible for them to check each and every item leaving their warehouse. but when the amounts of defective items reach what sim did, there is some kind of QC breakdown that may need an overhaul.

...just got my Thing Exclusive today....unwrapped it, and noticed a big patch that was not oversprayed with the lighter mustard colour, running from the chin area down to the shorts. The area I am talking about appears a pinky-brown colour. How on earth anyone can miss this is beyond me. There are also smaller bits that are the same all over the hands, feet, backs of his legs, etc. At least he has all his limbs attached, but to be honest it wouldn't have mattered to me if they had all been broken off, such is the bad state of the paint job.

I would agree with others that the overall quality is far from that of Hulk, which inspired me to buy direct from SS this time around and have them ship to me in England.

I have just emailed Sideshow, let's see what thay say.
My camera isn't working at the moment, so I can't take pics to send to SS or put on the forum, but of course I am sure that I will need to get this sorted for SS to progress things.
Are you talking about the shading ?? If that is what you are talking about, all the statues are that way . . . check some of the pictures taken with the flash on the site here . . .

BTW got #38 in today and he is perfect !! :chew:chew

You should be grateful that it survived the journey, whether it's down to getiing kicked around during freight shipping or whether Parcel Force are just retarded monkeys, either way myself and Mass have a knackered Thing, just hope I get a response from Cindy tonight :(

Are you talking about the shading ?? If that is what you are talking about, all the statues are that way . . . check some of the pictures taken with the flash on the site here . . .

BTW got #38 in today and he is perfect !! :chew:chew

...oops, checked the pics on here, looks like this is right ("shading") as you say, but I think that the paint job is still very shoddy. Statues, figures, etc., should, to a large extent, have natural shadows without having to paint 'em on, surely? :confused:

Looks like it seems I am lucky to have it one piece though...

i really feel the problem is partly with the QC from ss, not doing enough spot checking, but mostly from the chinese factory ss chose to manufacture these defective pieces. there has to be a certain amount of trust from ss because it's impossible for them to check each and every item leaving their warehouse. but when the amounts of defective items reach what sim did, there is some kind of QC breakdown that may need an overhaul.

Face it, the Chinese are out to destroy America, via exports. Whether it's contaminated dog food, lead Thomas the Train toys, lead painted toy anything (Dora, Mattell), contaminated toothpaste, contaminated blood/plasma, damaged SIMS, and unpainted Things, they're winning the war because we've outsourced everything to them. And what's worse, our US businesses apologize to them so as not to offend when we (consumers/gov't agencies) point out their lack of quality.

5 9's = 99.999%. Of course, that relates to run/up time of processes, but reject rate is included in that calc somewhere. Anything more than 1-2% is unacceptable, at least where I work. We would stop the line if we were having this many problems on deliverable product. I'm telling you man, it's the Chinese, THE CHINESE!!!

i really feel the problem is partly with the QC from ss, not doing enough spot checking, but mostly from the chinese factory ss chose to manufacture these defective pieces.

It's definately a QC problem.

The problem I've seen is that the "shading" paint isn't consistant on all the pieces. I've seen 2 of these in person and one looked great while the other one looked horrible.

Well I have to send a picture of the number on the underside of the base (something about the replacement statue might not fit the curent base...who knew?) and the base destroyed, they'll then send out a replacement base with the same edition number and a new Thing torso.

I imagine you'll be told much the same Mass.

Back