The Thing PF Exclusive Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics SquiderM3, gets me even more pumped for this piece, tomorrow is when I'm picking up mine at the local comic shop!!!

:banana:banana:joy:monkey5:joy

That pink stripe in the paint application was a horrible idea. Why did they put that there? It stands out far too much!:monkey4

Are you color blind? There is no pink strip in the paint. There is a slightly darker reddish orange that is probably the base coat that didn't get the yellowish highlighting but it is not close to being pink and it is hardly noticeable in person.

Are you color blind? There is no pink strip in the paint. There is a slightly darker reddish orange that is probably the base coat that didn't get the yellowish highlighting but it is not close to being pink and it is hardly noticeable in person.
Not color blind at all. Are you a Sideshow apologist? I mean, I am definitely not the only one who has commented about the horrible pink stripe that doesn't blend in well. I see it, others see it, so the question remains....are you the color blind one? :D

Seriously, the paint apps on the Thing leave a lot to be desired.

Seriously, who is color blind? That is a huge obvious splash of paint dripping down his chest and under his armpit.:lol

IMG_3200.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg
[/quote]

When you look at the Thing in person the redish brown stripe is barely noticeable. I think it can be made to seem more prominent on pictures depending on the lighting conditions. Here are some pics I took with no flash but using external lighting. I find the external lighting gives it more of an orange look on photos.

Thing_1.JPG

Thing_2.JPG

Thing_3.JPG

Great pics SquiderM3, gets me even more pumped for this piece, tomorrow is when I'm picking up mine at the local comic shop!!!

:banana:banana:joy:monkey5:joy

Which comic store do you buy SS statues from? There are so few in the lower mainland that sell them.

For the love of God people! STOP POSTING PICS OF THIS PIECE!! My wallet can't take it!

Which comic store do you buy SS statues from? There are so few in the lower mainland that sell them.

Well I just started using them to order my Sideshow statues and they are very fair in price, Toy Traders in Langley. I live in Vancouver but the commute out there is not very bad at all, and the guys are very nice, and the statues are priced very reasonably.

Well I just started using them to order my Sideshow statues and they are very fair in price, Toy Traders in Langley. I live in Vancouver but the commute out there is not very bad at all, and the guys are very nice, and the statues are priced very reasonably.

Thanks for the info Amir, I have been there before. Their store setup is pretty cool.

D!

F'n great pics. You're givin' Squidder a run for his $ as far as photography skills go.

Great statue. To all those naysayers... :moon

I wonder, do you guys have a studio for your statues when it comes time to take pics? Everyting looks so professional looking (i.e. background)

My Thing PF EX just shipped! I have graduated to the PF and this is my first one. I am psyched! :chew:chew

Back