The Terminator (1984) Arm Surgery Table and Chair Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since our good friend TFG isn´t around here anymore (dunno what´s up, hope nothing bad) and I didn´t like to highjack is thread in the end, I decided due to the cardboard stuff and the move in with my GF, to upgrade my table and chair and also do a thread on my own now.

I took TFG´s pics of T1 and also his process to inspire mine. His pics are not suitable to be downloaded. His photobucket seems to be down too, so I had to take a screenshot:

SAM_0591b.jpg

I will take the color scheme and also all these little bits and pieces from his and the T1 pics also:

Untitled001.JPG
Untitled006.jpg
Untitled012.jpg
Untitled013.jpg

So far, I have this and I´m really happy with it:

20151112_205611.jpg
12227706_1042735832435613_444941686455911788_n.jpg
IMG_20151115_172736.jpg
IMG-20151116-WA0004.jpg
20151118_213011.jpg

Last edited:
And here´s a new update too:

12268459_1045594415483088_1576130131_o.jpg

Table is somewhere the real and TFG´s in terms of accuracy, but I don´t know what to do about the chair´s arms to the back rest.

The legs clearly need to be that brown too and to keep´em in style, I´d say the arms too, but wanna know for sure.
Someone has better photos of the furniture?

Here, so that you see what I mean:

12283325_1045191548856708_1601054134_n.jpg

Finished it, decided to go for the "set-in-real-life"-look:

20151122_190418.jpg

Now to those bits and pieces. Need super sculpey, or somethin´ and ordered a little 1/6 tool set and a battery-powered desk lamp that I will repaint at least, custom at best to get the form.

Done for the time being.
Cleaned up my mess, re-created that little tension spring and also isolating tape and now waiting for my desk lamp and tools:

12281812_1046575302051666_849109088_o.jpg

Lamp and Tools arrived, have spent the week repainting and doing the little drill bit tin box and also the little bottle of "break free".

Really liking the looks of it. Will sand it a bit more and put some varnish on it.

20131205_124205.jpg

20151215_220312.jpg

20151215_220814.jpg

Otherwise...progress as far as a full time job letting you do that.

:lol

Looks good so far. I've been working on a number of the smaller pieces myself, seemingly none of the ones you've done. We might actually have a full set if we combined them. Crazy how long these little things take to make.

Along with the crescent wrench and wire snips that I simply purchased, I have the cream tube, surgical hammer, socket wrench extension, tablet bottle, T-handle socket wrench, paper weight, tension spring, and battery. Most need painted.

I know this doesn't show up in any of the pics, but I saw it in the movie itself. The table actually has a metal band all the way around the edge. I took a picture of the screen at one time to use as a reference for my table, but I guess I deleted it. It has a ribbed texture which I duplicated on my table by cutting grooves in the edge of the table top. Talk about tedious work. Growing up, our kitchen table had the same exact kind of thing. You might want to at least paint the edge silver. I'll try to retake the picture so you can see what I'm talking about.

Originally I made legs like you have on your table, but I'm changing them to the more correct tube legs....... eventually. When this isn't your vocation and you can't devote a lot of time to it, it's slow going. Who knows, maybe that's what happened to TFG. Then again, he didn't just give up. He disappeared all together.

me envy!!!
though i will live with my overdetailed table, an accurate version will be superior of course.

Thanks, P.
That's quite a compliment there.
:)
Maybe I should ask Dave to relocate it to the customs sections.
I just took the one where TFG first set his thread...

Along with the crescent wrench and wire snips that I simply purchased, I have the cream tube, surgical hammer, socket wrench extension, tablet bottle, T-handle socket wrench, paper weight, tension spring, and battery. Most need painted.

I know this doesn't show up in any of the pics, but I saw it in the movie itself. The table actually has a metal band all the way around the edge. I took a picture of the screen at one time to use as a reference for my table, but I guess I deleted it. It has a ribbed texture which I duplicated on my table by cutting grooves in the edge of the table top. Talk about tedious work. Growing up, our kitchen table had the same exact kind of thing. You might want to at least paint the edge silver. I'll try to retake the picture so you can see what I'm talking about.

Originally I made legs like you have on your table, but I'm changing them to the more correct tube legs....... eventually. When this isn't your vocation and you can't devote a lot of time to it, it's slow going. Who knows, maybe that's what happened to TFG. Then again, he didn't just give up. He disappeared all together.

Yeah, that´s what´s so strange about it.

I just looked the scene up on youtube. MOST of the stuff isn´t visible there and since I want a screen accurate one, I MAY BE going with the majority of it.
So far I have have the lamp (battery-powered, form not accurate, but the color is now, love that piece) drill bit tin, "Break Free" remover bottle, tension spring, side cutter (red) and the needle-nosed pliers.
So brown and black t-handle wrenches, tube and some other bits I´ll be making, , needle packets and stuff, but I have CW Devastator in front, looking at me like:
"You started the whole caution tape, repaint-thingy. You gonna finish that, or what?!"
:lol

I just looked the scene up. Given, it didn´t show and the quality was only 480p, but...provide me with a pic and I may change it, but so far I´m just really really happy how this is turning out.

Will you show pics?
Keep up the good work, dude.
:)

Back