Soap Reactor Teardown, Manual and info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darksheep

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi , so I see a lot of people asking questions about Soap Reactors and there are a few posts floating around . I though it would be helpful to put some info all in one place .

Q : What is it ?

A : It's a box that you power and then run cables from it into your figures as seen in the picture below shows the cables inserted into the battery
compartments and the ends on the ground those ends get plugged in to the Soap Reactor . There is also a good video explaining this if you want more information.

38071039616_79ced37584_m.jpg
27731715649_2458487c28.jpg

Q : What does it cost ?

A : It depends on how many figures you want to power . Lets says you want to power the MK 46 , you need to power the Helmet,Chest,Arms,Legs
and shoulders. So that works out to 8 cables . The Soap Reactor has 8 connections to power a figure , so you would need 1 x Soap Reactor, 1
x Power supply, 8 x connection wires . This would come to 145.09 USD based on the last prices I got . Soap Reactor is 69.99 USD, 10V 2.5A
5.5mm Power Adaptor costs 19.9 USD and the cables you would need are 6.9 USD per cable. Small note Soap studios does not make cables
that fit in to the shoulder plates yet.

Q : How do I know what cables my figures need ?

A : Soap studios had a table with this info on their website but is not on their new web site yet. I have created an excel file that you can use to
figure all this out for now. It is based on info form their website.How it works is you type the roman numeral or name of the figure in the cell
that is marked as 1, you can then select the figure you meant from the drop down list labeled 2, then click the addition sign labeled 3. It will
add the figure to the table below. You can then chose what parts of the figure you want to light up . If you look at the row marked with 4 , you
can see its the MK 43 quarter scale and I have chose yes to all options to have the figure fully lit up. You can change any of these options to
yet or no and the table above in green will list how many cables you need of every type and the cost if you where buying Soap reactors.

Link to excel file , you will need to click the link
and then download the file before you can use it.

38612920415_5c195fd210_c.jpg

Q : Whats inside this thing for so much money.
A : I have taken one of my Soap reactors apart to take a look in side .

39508159831_aeff21d709_c.jpg
24640000537_0bde5d9905_c.jpg

Anyone know of the lengths of the battery cables?

Just wondering so I can have a think where to site the control box

Back