Action Figure The Steel Brigade

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Steel Brigade Re-Enlistment

I can understand Mando needing the extra time, but it's starting to feel like we've been forgotten.
I've managed to save up the remaining $30 I owe, but have spent and replaced that money several times now trying to buy all the necessary parts for mine. So the long wait has been beneficial for my slow ass, but now I'm waiting on the head.

I can understand Mando needing the extra time, but it's starting to feel like we've been forgotten.
I've managed to save up the remaining $30 I owe, but have spent and replaced that money several times now trying to buy all the necessary parts for mine. So the long wait has been beneficial for my slow ass, but now I'm waiting on the head.

His last hiatus was about, what? 90 days or so? We'll see him back in a bit.

His last hiatus was about, what? 90 days or so? We'll see him back in a bit.

Yup, and that was right before the first batch of SB heads. All of us had our figures together and I know that I was starting to get anxious... Xander takes a month or two off when he's busy then pops back in when he has time.

Mando does this from time to time. He will be back and the wait might suck but it will be worth it.:lecture Hang in there.

What do you do when you are told it will be shipped out........................................3 months ago:dunno

What do you do when you are told it will be shipped out........................................3 months ago:dunno

Be a trooper and keep hanging in there? :dunno

Tell you what. If he's not back by the time the Bruce Lee Ex ships and I get 'em, I'll buy you out and then when MANDO gets back he can either ship me the v1 SB head, or if he's already shipped it to you, you can ship it to me. Deal?

Be a trooper and keep hanging in there? :dunno

Tell you what. If he's not back by the time the Bruce Lee Ex ships and I get 'em, I'll buy you out and then when MANDO gets back he can either ship me the v1 SB head, or if he's already shipped it to you, you can ship it to me. Deal?

Sorry to sound like a crybaby:slap this my first deal with Mando. Maybe that's the problem everyone here is use to him and I'm not. I guess I'll have to wait.

Sorry to sound like a crybaby:slap this my first deal with Mando. Maybe that's the problem everyone here is use to him and I'm not. I guess I'll have to wait.

Most everything around here, Skiidy Gonzales aside, takes a while. I just got a box of crap and a cheap Dragon clicky body (which was supposed to be a full figure :mad:) I ordered way back in Feb of 09. While that's a bit long, most of the other stuff takes anywhere from six months to a year.

I had MANDO paint a HT head for me to replace Flint's, back when Flint first came out. I still havent received, but Im not worried. I know MANDO will send it eventually. Like I said in an earlier post. You can't rush art. So be patient. Once you have the SB head in hand you will see it was worth the wait.
SB is still one of my favorite customs.
spiderman028.jpg

Last edited:

No one blames you for worrying, Vantley, we know you're new to the board. We're just trying to let you know that Mando is a trustworthy cat and that he will deliver.

Just ran across this. Don't know if one was already released in the 25th Anniversary style or not:

https://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/attach/4/1/7/2/7/19gijoe-toyfair-2011_1297566090.jpg

In a way, there was one released before part of the Rise of Cobra movie called the Pit Commando which came with a Brigade helmet:
PITCOMMANDO07_1243353603.jpg

But an officially released Steel Brigade he wasn't. I'm happy they're releasing one this year, though I'm not liking the specific colors they painted him in the preview.

In a way, there was one released before part of the Rise of Cobra movie called the Pit Commando which came with a Brigade helmet:

:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4 [B]POOPY PIC LINK REMOVED![/B] :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

But an officially released Steel Brigade he wasn't. I'm happy they're releasing one this year, though I'm not liking the specific colors they painted him in the preview.

:nono That THING belongs in the ROC toilet thread.

Hey guys, new to the boards and just getting into customizing 12in Joes! I just read thru the whole original Steel Brigade thread and this 2nd run thread and I'm simply in awe! Excellent job to everyone thats made their own unique trooper!

I know I'm terribly late to the game but I just found these boards yesterday! If possible, I'd be willing to take over SVantley's spot if he doesn't want to wait anymore and willing to reimburse him if everyone's ok with that. SVantley if you'd be interested, shoot me a PM and we'll discuss.

Again, great job everyone on your SB customs and hope to see Mando around again soon.

MANDO will be back, this one is a little longer than usual but yea, we'll see him.

Hey guys, new to the boards and just getting into customizing 12in Joes! I just read thru the whole original Steel Brigade thread and this 2nd run thread and I'm simply in awe! Excellent job to everyone thats made their own unique trooper!

I know I'm terribly late to the game but I just found these boards yesterday! If possible, I'd be willing to take over SVantley's spot if he doesn't want to wait anymore and willing to reimburse him if everyone's ok with that. SVantley if you'd be interested, shoot me a PM and we'll discuss.

Again, great job everyone on your SB customs and hope to see Mando around again soon.

At this point I'm just going to wait it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back