Media The Retro Gaming Discussion Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doe anyone have a viable solution to cable clutter when multiple consoles are hooked up to a single entertainment centre? It looks like spaghetti behind my television and it's driving me nuts.

Anyone familiar with scart? I have a Neo geo mvs console it has rgb on it was told I need scart what do I need ?male female a switch box?

Anyone familiar with scart? I have a Neo geo mvs console it has rgb on it was told I need scart what do I need ?male female a switch box?

I'm using SCART for the Framemeister on a HDTV. If you're not willing to fork out the cash for a Framemeister, you can use a generic SCART to YPbPr (Component) box in conjunction with a Neo Geo SCART cable. It won't look as good and it will fully depend on your HDTV's upscaling capabilities but it beats Composite or S-Video any day.

https://www.amazon.com/SPECIALTY-AV...rd_wg=BokiY&psc=1&refRID=WAH62FJWFR8SFR9ADWNQ

Keep in mind that SCART itself is a European standard and there is a Japanese equivalent called JP-21. Both are equal in quality but you can't mix them up since they would damage your equipment, stick solely to SCART and avoid anything JP-21.

I'm using SCART for the Framemeister on a HDTV. If you're not willing to fork out the cash for a Framemeister, you can use a generic SCART to YPbPr (Component) box in conjunction with a Neo Geo SCART cable. It won't look as good and it will fully depend on your HDTV's upscaling capabilities but it beats Composite or S-Video any day.

https://www.amazon.com/SPECIALTY-AV...rd_wg=BokiY&psc=1&refRID=WAH62FJWFR8SFR9ADWNQ

Keep in mind that SCART itself is a European standard and there is a Japanese equivalent called JP-21. Both are equal in quality but you can't mix them up since they would damage your equipment, stick solely to SCART and avoid anything JP-21.

Thanks man I’m using just regular av the picture is horrible.

do I have to buy a male and female scart cable ?

w50gff5gulpjbugtfygt.jpg

https://kotaku.com/hi-super-nintendo-chalmers-1820868115

I finally decided to open up my Slim PS3 for the first time since I got it in 2010. While the fan wasn't dusty at all, the thermal paste was pretty much dried up so I replaced them with Arctic MX-4.

Any PS3 technician would tell you that the stock paste are really bad and they should be replaced after a few years- doubly so for the fat model. My old MGS Fat model literal had the paste crumbling into ashes so if any of you intend to prolong the life of your console, replace the thermal paste a.s.a.p. Below was the stock paste on my Slim:

39090342921_3b2ab038d3_c.jpg

I replaced mine in my PS3 slim a while back but the cover stays off so it doesn't get hot at all. I also use the silver stuff.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I found a perfectly working Backwards Compatible PS3, which was beat up to hell and missing the memory card door at a flea market for $90 but it worked flawlessly, albeit a bit loud.

The first order of business was to replace Sony's notoriously abysmal thermal paste and I was greeted by the cracking paste that never ceases to horrify me when I see how bad they are in person. You can even see in the photo below that the paste was leaking outside the processor which could have easily short out the unit.

Another issue was the cable ribbon clamp that connects the drive broke because the plastic became brittle, so I had to improvise. Took me about 9 hours to take the thing apart, cleaning and reassembling it but now I can enjoy PS2 games upscaled in HD on a PS3! :yess:

41049299212_cfc863486d_z.jpg

39283058180_e2a1b2b1af_z.jpg

Since my flea market PS3 looked like it was used as a crash test dummy, I figured that I couldn't do much more damage if I tried some of my car scratch remover and a little wax. The results were quite interesting.

Before:

Spoiler Spoiler:

After:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back