The reason why SS hasn't released armoured figure's yet.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do realize that as an official distributor of Medicom products that SSC's pricepoint is basically pre-set, right? Same with Hot Toys...

It will be interesting to see what price SWS next medicom figure will be at.(rumor is of a shockie)But alas,seems like SS is getting all of them lately.Last one SWS got was the BH trooper and i can't remember exactly how long ago that was.(wonder if SWS is done unless the rumor is true)

9287990f-f85e-40d1-90f3-8a56962f4a0d.widec.jpg

"I want my Vader!!!!!!"

You do realize that as an official distributor of Medicom products that SSC's pricepoint is basically pre-set, right? Same with Hot Toys...

So distributors have to sell at MSRP whereas retailers like Alter Ego or Razors Edge can compete with lower prices?

It will be interesting to see what price SWS next medicom figure will be at.(rumor is of a shockie)But alas,seems like SS is getting all of them lately.Last one SWS got was the BH trooper and i can't remember exactly how long ago that was.(wonder if SWS is done unless the rumor is true)

I think SWS has had poor sales of their Medicom figures outside of Vader and Luke, you can still get the Stormie there I believe. SSC sells out their alottment, Medicom probably sees Sideshow as a better venue for selling their product. I think the type of people that would buy Medi are more likely to shop SSC than SWS, StarWarsShop is a large ammount of lower priced items outside of Gentle Giant, and other than comic shops, there aren't places like Sideshow to get GG product so it does well their. SSC also gives notices when shipments are coming and with $100 plus items, it's nice to know when that's going to hit you. I like the product offering at SWS, but their functionality sucks.

I think SWS has had poor sales of their Medicom figures outside of Vader and Luke, you can still get the Stormie there I believe. SSC sells out their alottment, Medicom probably sees Sideshow as a better venue for selling their product.

I agree!!!!(but if they got a shockie exclusive we'd truly know IMO)

I think SWS has had poor sales of their Medicom figures outside of Vader and Luke, you can still get the Stormie there I believe. SSC sells out their alottment, Medicom probably sees Sideshow as a better venue for selling their product.

I think thats probably the same reason why SSC charges full retail price...because for various customer service reasons and familiarity they sell at that price. I think its less likely that there is some Nintendoesque rule in place by Medicom that SSC has to charge a set amount.

I always thought that SSC are selling the $45 human figures at $65, to fund the armored figures to come: buy a $100 figure for $90, because the other $10 are already deposited... :D

Damn this topic again. Look who started it too. Jeez surprise the topic is brought up just to stir the pot.

SS WILL make armored figs. I'm sure they will kick ass since I'm going to assume they're working with HT on them.

Medicom makes a great figure but they're not the all perfect either.

As opposed to what? A crappy body like the Comic Spidey? Or maybe their Vader will actually have hands that STAY ON. (unlike the medi-vader) :monkey3

No kidding. The hands on my ROTS Vader are just plain ass crappy. Its the worst part of a pretty awesome figure.

Damn this topic again. Look who started it too. Jeez surprise the topic is brought up just to stir the pot.

SS WILL make armored figs. I'm sure they will kick ass since I'm going to assume they're working with HT on them.

Medicom makes a great figure but they're not the all perfect either.

No kidding. The hands on my ROTS Vader are just plain ass crappy. Its the worst part of a pretty awesome figure.

Everything was cool until you showed up with you your damn pot.

Back