The reason why SS hasn't released armoured figure's yet.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And SS isn't?

Probably to some extent, all commercial merchandise is sold way more than it ought to be. I used to get $20 at retailer price of $8, that's a pretty nice freaking markup. Medicom's figures give off an $80-$90 vibe, definitely not $150. Where the difference comes in, who knows, but from a rational spending POV, they're overpriced. SSC, I'd wager are about $50 quality and now average about $60-$65 per figure.

I'm sure they are, they got to make something. But at $60, or even $80, it isn't as bad as $120-$150.

Is Medi-Maul worth double the price? I'm asking, I don't have both to compare. But that would be the best indicator.

None of them are worth 150$ ask yourself this why does SWS always put up their medi figs up for 20$ less than SS?(at 129$)do they get a deal? or?????

It truly is an amazing figure, but even at the original retail it better be.

My point is that they are constantly judged by two different criteria and often the Medi people view their figures with glasses much more rose colored than what Josh is accused of wearing.

I'm happy the Medi is too small to display next to the SSC figures because if it were in scale I would probably cave and buy one instead of waiting.

I have several Medicom figures and I think they're great (if obviously undersized and not true 1/6). But the Medikids often make me want to take my figures and smack them in the chops with 'em. :lol

None of them are worth 150$ ask yourself this why does SWS always put up their medi figs up for 20$ less than SS?(at 129$)do they get a deal? or?????

That's a mute argument since neither has offered the same figure. If they did and one was $20 less than the other, you could make an assessment.

I'll have mine by the end of the week

FOR 80$$ SHIPPED MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

dc6f_1.JPG

Stormies and clones pretty much the same in my book.

Doesn't matter though, Medicom charges these guys X ammount, without knowing that that is, you can't say pretty close. It would have to be exact same figures where the cost is the same to distributors then you can compare markups.

Doesn't matter though, Medicom charges these guys X ammount, without knowing that that is, you can't say pretty close. It would have to be exact same figures where the cost is the same to distributors then you can compare markups.

It is of my opinion that SS trys to make as much of a profit as possible.
(i would bet anything that if SS all of the sudden got the ST it would be 150)No i can't say that for sure,but if i was a betting man.......

Well I approach value in that items have 2 values.

1. Collector Perceived Value, wherein I am content getting Medi Boba Fett at $150.

2. Actual, Real World, Sensible Value, wherein most collectibles are grossly overpriced and part of me wants to ***** slap me for spending $150 on it.

It is of my opinion that SS trys to make as much of a profit as possible.
(i would bet anything that if SS all of the sudden got the ST it would be 150)No i can't say that for sure,but if i was a betting man.......

You do realize that as an official distributor of Medicom products that SSC's pricepoint is basically pre-set, right? Same with Hot Toys...

1. Collector Perceived Value, wherein I am content getting Medi Boba Fett at $150.

2. Actual, Real World, Sensible Value, wherein most collectibles are grossly overpriced and part of me wants to ***** slap me for spending $150 on it.

Exactly. And only time will tell.

Remember the highly sought Hasbro Chewbacca 10 years ago?

Hasbro Price: $20
Selling Price from resellers: $100
Today's Value: $5, maybe

So what's the real value? What you're willing to pay at the time.

Yep. No way in hell a figure is worth the price of a microwave for example. Then again, no way in hell a concert ticket is worth the price of a major appliance either.

Back