The reason why SS hasn't released armoured figure's yet.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with everything except the pricepoint on Vader. I think he'll be pushing $100, easy.

Yeah at least that,but the screwed up thing about it is he won't look like a $100 figure.Unless SS surprises me the way the did with ANH Old ben.But...if he comes with a buck body I'm ditching the whole line.

Seriously though, I think Sideshow's going for quality, solid armor like HT produces instead of slightly higher than Hasbro Medicom soft rubber armor. I'd love armored figures as sturdy as a Hot Toys Colonial Marine.

I don't think so.The price would be even higher then,and i don't think thats in SS's best interest.I just don't think they've got it all figured out yet.

But we should probably let this thread die.

I don't think so.The price would be even higher then,and i don't think thats in SS's best interest.I just don't think they've got it all figured out yet.

Well, I think it's the direction they're going in. The shoulder/neck plate on the Leia Boushh figure is a more solid plastic like the Colonial Marines armor than Medicom's Fetts.

Yeah at least that,but the screwed up thing about it is he won't look like a $100 figure.Unless SS surprises me the way the did with ANH Old ben.But...if he comes with a buck body I'm ditching the whole line.

As opposed to what? A crappy body like the Comic Spidey? Or maybe their Vader will actually have hands that STAY ON. (unlike the medi-vader) :monkey3

I agree with everything except the pricepoint on Vader. I think he'll be pushing $100, easy.

I know we keep hearing that, but for what they've done with Boushh for example, or LOTR, I don't think they need to go quite that high to make a decent profit and still offer figures for substantially less that HT or Medicom.

$80 seems like a reasonable jump from the original $50. Other than Vader's chest plate and cod piece, there really isn't any armor. I think the price jump also has to count for a larger body to be designed for Vader -- unless they use the old Jaws body or extenders on the buck.

other_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif

To me, that's the number one reason NOT to have armored characters yet. Granted, it just means the body should have been replaced sooner, but no armored character would be less than sucky on the Buck if nothing else for the neck joint, it's stiff on humans, let alone put a helmet and armor in the way. Fetts would be subpar, Vader less dynamic. SSC Armored SW figures require a body like HT, which is likely being developed, with a jointed neck that gives the best mileage to them.

That's something that ammuses me, so many people want armored guys now, yet I know every one of them would ***** about how bad they are on the Buck, lose lose.

you guys should stop collecting 12 '' figures anyway...Who collect dolls these days ? gays......Statue and PF is the only way.

lolcatsdotcomal5w67cpelj49f02.jpg

Oh, I have been eating a lot of blue cheese lately. That is some good stuff. The best thing to do with it is to put a pile on to a burger while still on the grill and let it melt all over. Holy crap that is good.

you guys should stop collecting 12 '' figures anyway...Who collect dolls these days ? gays......Statue and PF is the only way.

You know, you may have a point. I could live without the GF constantly teasing me about "playing with [my] dolls." I try to counter, "I'm not playing with dolls... I'm futzing and posing 1/6 collectible action figures!" but it's of no use. :lol

(BTW, "futzing" is apparently the strangest term in the English language to those who're hearing it for the first time. :monkey1 )

Back