The price for armoured figures????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King Darkness

Super Freak
Reaction score
When we do start to get armoured figures like Vader Fett and however many variations of troopers we get how much do you think they are gonna cost us....The Jedis have sold between $49.99 and $54.99..Do you guys see a sharp raise in the price for our armoured figures??

i really hope not. I think it will be around $55.

...my question is, will the armor be removable. Will we see under the mask, if SS do allow facial access.

Well Leia Boushh is going to be $59.99 but she does have a helmet and a seperate head.
The thing about the troops is theat the molds can be reused. A Stormtrooper can be used not only as a Stormtropper scultpt but as a Sandtrooper(orange white black pauldrons), a Black Hole Trooper, and can be used for a Han and Luke in Stormtrooper gear. That is 7 reuses of the same molds. Now the Snowtrooper and Scoutrooper will be individual sculpts but they could be modified in to a Galactic Marine and a Elite Corps (Kashyyyk) Clonetrooper.
For the AOTC clonetrooper they can be used as to make the different ranks after releasing a white one they can release a red blue yellow and green markings on the clones which would allow for the mold to be reused 5 time with the only thing changing being the paint apps.
For ROTS the basic clone design could be used with slight repaints for the for the 501st Clone, Shocktrooper, Utapau Orange clone, Coruscant, and used as a slight retooling for Gree, Bly, some parts could be reused for Cody. I think it would be smart for Sideshow to make a mold for a regular Stormtrooper, AOTC Clonetrooper and the ROTS Clonetrooper and repaint those three for the most part and then maybe once a year release something like a Snowtrooper or a Scountrooper or one of the Clone commanders that would require alot more detail. I think any that are based of the same mold should be about $64.99 or $59.99 and maybe $69.99 for characters like Cody, or Scoutrooper.

Last edited:
I agree with Jason. While a little more work involved in them (and even that's debatable) - not only are you going to have multiple clones/troopers that are largely repaints of each other - Sideshow has said it will look after "army builders" so potentially the edition sizes will be MUCH larger as well.

Even Snowtroopers and Scout Troopers have parts that could be reused (Imperial Commando's were a repainted Scout Trooper, and snowtroopers had alot of gear in common with Commander Bly's forces).

I hope they're not more than $60, unless they come with some huge amount of weapons. I would definatly get more than 1 regular Stormtrooper, but the rest I might just get 1 if any. Vader, I would pay more for, I mean he's Vader and would have alot of detail, incuding a Sebastian Shaw head sculpt. Fett, I'd hope to be the same as troops.

It's interesting to see the kind of range on these speculated pricepoints and the reasons behind those theories. The key thing to remember here IMO is that nothing is definite until confirmed by Sideshow. I just hope my fellow collectors don't get worked up over a speculated price. :)

As for my two cents, I think the basic Armory figures will be $55 (Stormtrooper, Clonetroopers w/ all included variants, figures with less armor than normal such as a Rebel Fleet Trooper). More intricate and specialized armored figures will be $60 (Scout Troopers, Snowtroopers, Galactic Marines). Lastly, the non-army building and intricately designed troops such as Commander Cody and Commander Bly will by $65.

I just hope if they include cool accessories as the exclusive that all of the troops should be inclusive. I dont think I would ever buy more than one of any trooper because Im not a troop builder.
I wouldnt mind them releasing a two pack of the white and black pauldron Sandtroopers after they release the orange one.

I will buy 2 original stormtroopers to pose on either side of Vader. Most likely they will be the only troopers I will buy. I was just wondering what the general thought on the subject was. I think they will be about $65...

I'm thinking anyplace between $55-$65. A lot will be determined by how many they make that always helps keep things in check price wise. Also how much detail we get on the troopers. Knowing SS that will be a lot so that could counter act the amount made. Either way even at high end range I stated that's a better price than Medicom on theirs.

I think it'll be 75 dollars for Vader and the Fetts. Probably lower for the stormtroopers etc. But I just pulled that outa the air, so what do I know?

Agent0028 said:
I think it'll be 75 dollars for Vader and the Fetts. Probably lower for the stormtroopers etc. But I just pulled that outa the air, so what do I know?

Your lack of conviction in so many of your posts never gets old for me:lol .......

I'd be surprised if they were under 65.00. The thing we have to remember is that the price point is directly related to the quality of materials they use. I'd rather pay 10 or 15 bucks more per trooper and get higher quality armor and (especially) inner suits than pay a little less for something that won't looks as good or hold up as long.

I think the armoured figures will be slightly higher then anything we have so far. It seems that all the figures have gone up a lil. The armour will take more molding to build the suit and will cause a lil increase, but if they don't have a removable helmet that shold help lower the price a lil. So with that all said I would guess 65-70 for anything that does not have a removable helmet and 70-75 for anything that has a second head like Leia. I don't forsee them lowering the price even if them make a ton of stormtroopers or clonetroopers since I would look at it as a great chance for them to get some more profits to offset all the costs involved with Star Wars figures.

I don't see any reason why they should be any more than the LOTR figures, so I'd say around $65. I think we might be making these armored figures out to be more complicated than they really are, most of them are just jumpsuits with some armor bits attached. It's not like they're Robocop.

the reuse on these figures should keep costs down somewhat, but I think the larger edition sizes for the "Army Builder" figures will be key in keeping these more affordable. If Sideshow can guess that for every person that buys Luke, that same person might buy two stormtroopers, they can make a better return with a larger edition size. Just guessing at averages, though, some people may only want one of each, others may want to have little squadrons of troopers. Do you think Sideshow might offer discounts if we buy in bulk?:lol

TheObsoleteMan said:
I don't see any reason why they should be any more than the LOTR figures, so I'd say around $65. I think we might be making these armored figures out to be more complicated than they really are, most of them are just jumpsuits with some armor bits attached. It's not like they're Robocop.

Exactly! Absolutely right ObsoleteMan!

Besides the quality issues that make people belive that these armored figures must be more expensive, there are a lot of reasons why these figures do not need to be more expensive then any regular SSC 12".
Here's why:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums...5&postcount=69

If you all think these figures must be more expensive, no wonder Sideshow actually makes them more expensive. I don't blame them.

Back