The power of hope...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad to hear things are going good for Dax! Can't wait until you get to experience "the ride home!"

Another reason for business is Spooktacular - which I will unfortunately be missing this year (my maternity leave starts when Dax comes home)... but I'm still working to get things prepared for everyone while I'm out!

Wait, what? But... but... Can't you get Mort to babysit? :monkey2

Glad to reed this Dusty!!!!! you Take care!!! and Dax to!!!!

You will be missed at Spooktacular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:monkey2

I know, I'll miss you guys too... but we still have mucho fun planned!

Oh, and here's a quick photo - close-up so you can't see too many wires (wish you guys could see how tiny that bottle is and how huge it looks compared to his head!:lol):

So glad to hear things are going good for Dax! Can't wait until you get to experience "the ride home!"

:mwaha

I have heard many stories about this infamous ride. But I bought a super special 'preemie' snuggly insert for his car seat to help keep his head from slouching forward - and they do an hour and a half 'car seat test' in the NICU before letting him go - he has to sit in it for 90 mins without setting off any of his alarms, so I'm hoping that gets rid of some of the worries. I'm slightly scared to not have the machines around to tell me when he's "de-sating" and when his heart rate / breathing gets too fast or slow. But I figure if he passes that test it's a really good sign that I don't have to worry TOO much!

Still no exact date for release, but they think it might be only a week - meaning only about 3 weeks total in the NICU, a bit off from their low-ball estimate of 5-7 weeks! That's my boy! :chew (and already we're having to learn to live by HIS schedule, not our own :lol)

Wait, what? But... but... Can't you get Mort to babysit? :monkey2

Not sure how great a zombie babysitter would be :lol Don't worry, the rest of the web team will keep you guys entertained - in fact the might work double-time to prove that they can do it just fine without me ;)

wow you can tell he's tiny.

glad everything seems to be moving in the right direction.
Its crazy how everything stops and nothing else matters once you bring a lil one into the world....

.. Im sure one day his early birth saga will be nothign more than a good story to tell him ....

He's beautiful Dusty. :D Again, I am so glad things are going well for all 3 of you.

awww! Welcome to the world baby boy!

As for preemie after effects. Well my brother was a 6-week preemie and my second son was a 3-week preemie. Brother in isolette for less than a week and son for 1 day (he just didn't seem to need it, even after they had problems getting him to breathe at first). Both were eaters and fighters. Brother is 6'1" and my son is 6'2". Other than the occasional cold or two, they've both been healthy as oxen all their lives. So if his lungs are strong and he has all his pieces-parts in relative order, he will be just fine.

Great picture Dusty!

We are going to miss you at Spooktacular!

...and yes, Mort would make a great babysitter! :rotfl

Congrats to you and your family Dusty on the little miracle.:D

Glad to hear everything is looking up and i'm sure the tough time u have been through will just make it all that more special when u get the little man home.:)

cute kid ya got there Dusty!:D Glad all is well! You WILL be missed for Spooktacular, but that's ok because Dax comes first!:D CONGRATS to you Dusty & all of Your Family!!!!!!:fireworks:chew:fireworks

Your Friend

The Monster
Nick:frank

Oh & Dusty get little Dax hooked on Sideshow Collectibles Vintage Monsters while he is young & teach Dax never to fear Halloween.:lol:rotfl:D

Well, with a dad like Travis, he's bound to love the Uni Monsters - we have all the Premium Formats displayed in the office, and every movie featuring Universal Monsters, even Monster Squad (plus about 600 other movies - ha! - T's a DVD fiend). And he was originally intended to be a 'Halloween Baby' (due date October 27th), so if he's afraid of Halloween I'll be quite shocked! :lol

Well, with a dad like Travis, he's bound to love the Uni Monsters - we have all the Premium Formats displayed in the office, and every movie featuring Universal Monsters, even Monster Squad (plus about 600 other movies - ha!

This sounds just like my collection!:lol You can NEVER have too many Monster DVDS & Sideshow Collectibles!:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Well, with a dad like Travis, he's bound to love the Uni Monsters - we have all the Premium Formats displayed in the office, and every movie featuring Universal Monsters, even Monster Squad (plus about 600 other movies - ha! - T's a DVD fiend). And he was originally intended to be a 'Halloween Baby' (due date October 27th), so if he's afraid of Halloween I'll be quite shocked! :lol

Sounds like Dax will be a "Halloween Baby" :D

It's so great to see a pic, Dusty... He certainly looks tiny. Cute little guy.

I'm just so relieved that everything went ok, and that you all are doing well. You deserve the best, Travis as well. :duff

And excellent name... :rock

Back