The officially unofficial Grey Hulk thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Misfit- It is actually a relief to know that the seller wasn't ripping somebody off. I'm glad to know that the person who spent all that money will indeed be getting what they paid for. Outside the 30 day window, they have no other protection available to them, so I am glad for their sake that you are an honest seller. That was a lot of money, but they obviously feel that it is worth it. I hope that you never have second thoughts, as that is one piece you won't easily get back in your collection!

Of course, after this, it's going to be hard to look at my Gray Hulk and not see a Cave Troll or Orthanc or Sam and Bill or...

Call me crazy but as of right now I see myself holding on to it. It is an awesome piece from the one SS line that I take the most seriously.

Opinion pending to change depending on how high this goes for. :rolleyes:

I just may be proven wrong. I have remained convinced that this piece would never skyrocket the way some have expected, due to the availability of the "regular exclusive" version as an alternative for those that missed it. Perhaps I have underestimated the lure of the Gray Hulk...

Gee... aren't we lucky all 50 went to true collectors!

Well, they will eventually. Only a TRUE collector would pay $1500 for it.

Darklord Dave said:
Well, they will eventually. Only a TRUE collector would pay $1500 for it.

I doubt that. Just have a look at the way the situation of the Balrog developed. Do you think all those people that sold/bought a Balrog on Ebay, over the last year and a half or so, where true collectors? I, for my part belive that a lot of them where mere dealers, speculating on selling the piece for more money.

misfit138 said:
I guess he would have passed up a $1000 profit. :rolleyes:

Yes, actually I would! I have been a collector of non-sport material for almost 35 years, and up until a couple of years ago, the only items I ever sold (no matter how high they went) were when I needed the money to pay bills. Back in the late 90's, I was offered $10,000 for a piece of Topps Wacky Packages original artwork I owned, from two different collectors. I had only paid $400 for the piece at the original Topps New York auction back in the mid 80's. I was tempted but held out until finances forced me to sell it. I still wish I had the piece in my collection to this day, because the $10,000 is certainly gone now!

I finally grew tired of non-sports (to an extent) and needed a break from it; I turned my attention to collecting Sideshow products. I have been selling my non-sport collection only to buy Sideshow collectibles, and have not sold any Sideshow piece unless it was a dupe I managed to somehow get. Money is not everything to some of us. I still regret selling everything I've ever sold and wish I still had it in my collection, but I'm also practical and know I can't collect everything! Sometimes an item means more than mere money and I truly feel sorry for those collectors who don't "value" their collection for anything more than it's "value"!! If a collector is willing to flip a piece from his collection the moment it "hits a certain value", then maybe they weren't that interested in the piece in the first place. And don't get me wrong... I'm not saying that a collector can't grow tired of a piece, find a better version of a character, or sell to afford something else, I'm just saying that if the ONLY reason you are selling is because of the value, then... well, you know my thoughts!

But, to each their own! These are just my opinions and I’m sharing them to relate to you why this piece is important to me. But if you really think I would have sold it at $1,500, you are sadly mistaken my friend!! :peace

Nicely stated Icummins. The more I think about it the harder I think it will be for me to part with Gray Hulk. I know we all have a price at which we will seriously considering selling, but the Vs line is the one line I truly and purely enjoy collecting from Sideshow. I am not PF crazy like some of you here because of budget and space. I don't collect Bowen or Hard Hero. Sideshow Marvel is where I get my fix.

If Gray Hulk hits $2,000 I will give it some thought but I see myself holding on to it somehow...we'll see.

Speaking of space, I have no idea where I am going to put my Hulk diorama. That thing looks like it has the biggest footprint of any collectible I own (or have on preorder).

$1500 is a lot of money and I can certainly understand how someone could be tempted to sell this piece for a $1000 profit. I myself would have waited until it hit at least $2000...

Does that make me less of a collector than lcummins or anyone else? I honestly don't care. I currently still have every single SS/Weta piece that I have purchased, selling only one duplicate helm and currently selling the Rohirrim bust because it simply doesn't fit in my collection and wish to use the funds to help purchase another bust. (only have baddies busts.)* I value my collection very highly or else I wouldn't have wasted my time and money hunting these pieces down. But to me they are not like some idols to be enshrined in a display case. I enjoy them immensely and hope that I don't fall into a financial situation that forces me to sell any but truth be told, if I had paid $300 for a Balrog and could sell it at $2500 and up, I wouldn't think twice about it. Real life priorities take precedence regardless of how serious a collector I am.

* $80.00 shipped in the US, folks! ;)

Fubeca said:
Are people still mad about this?:monkey4

Well, I can't speak for others, but I was never "mad" about this, just annoyed. I do find it very funny that out of the 20+ ordered by members of this board, at least 5 or 6 (that I know of) have already sold him before he has even shipped... :monkey5

lcummins said:
Well, I can't speak for others, but I was never "mad" about this, just annoyed. I do find it very funny that out of the 20+ ordered by members of this board, at least 5 or 6 (that I know of) have already sold him before he has even shipped... :monkey5

That means there's only 44 - 45 more to be sold to real collectors. :peace

fsdrfg4bh.png

Although I will be one of those TRUE COLLECTORS ebaying this Gray Mofo before it ships! :rock

This thread is like American Idol...you really don't care much for the show or concept itself but you do manage to check in just enough to know what the heck is going on

SolidLiquidFox said:
This thread is like American Idol...you really don't care much for the show or concept itself but you do manage to check in just enough to know what the heck is going on

Never thought of it that way, but you're right. :monkey5

Back