The Official LOST Custom Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With my Desmond I find it's the hair sculpt at the back of the neck that doesn't allow it to sit right. The neck of the TTL's has a slight angle to it and the neck is drilled straight. I think if we modded the head a little more it would be fine. But I do know exactly what your saying Rock.

But to be honest the sculpt of the forearms are starting to bother me. Lol

Sawyer and Desmond look great all finished btw! Can't wait to see the full group shot reveal once Jack is suited up. :)

What kind of body do you use for Desmond?I was thinking of getting TTL 1 or 2,which im definitely planning on getting anyway for Ben since he has a sculpted neck and all,but not sure if those bodies comes with a neck if i'm buying it for Des.

What kind of body do you use for Desmond?I was thinking of getting TTL 1 or 2,which im definitely planning on getting anyway for Ben since he has a sculpted neck and all,but not sure if those bodies comes with a neck if i'm buying it for Des.

I'm still using the TTL 3.0. I don't think the other TTL bodies come with necks. You'll probably need the HT's neck.

The Soldier Story bodies look really nice but the skin tones of the neck/chest are off compared to the rest of the body so you'd have to paint it to match you head.

I'm still using the TTL 3.0. I don't think the other TTL bodies come with necks. You'll probably need the HT's neck.

The Soldier Story bodies look really nice but the skin tones of the neck/chest are off compared to the rest of the body so you'd have to paint it to match you head.

Then you know what im talking about,i need to come up with a solution because his head on that body is too wobbly,it fits fine on a TT and it looks like that would be my only option unless i can find other options,never had a Soldier Story body so no clue how it is,pics would help :)

A HT neck on a TTL could work if i knew if it fits or not,but i don't.

Built up my Ben over the weekend! I tried him on the Hot Toys slim and found that it really wasn't shorter than the TrueType and decided he looks better, at least in the clothes I got him, on a TrueType.

a197a66a.jpg

f4127104.jpg

71be8315.jpg

Looks great!
Yeah i think Slim would be a little too thin for Ben and a TT too big,the bodies ive mentioned over the past few posts might be better,the TTL 1 or 2,those without the neck.For 15$ it's worth the risk.

Then you know what im talking about,i need to come up with a solution because his head on that body is too wobbly,it fits fine on a TT and it looks like that would be my only option unless i can find other options,never had a Soldier Story body so no clue how it is,pics would help :)

A HT neck on a TTL could work if i knew if it fits or not,but i don't.

Like I said. Mine doesn't sit right because the neck slopes forward, where the head is drilled straight. The size is fine, it's more the shape. I plan on dremelling the back of the inside of the sculpt (under the hair) a bit to accommodate the back of the neck.

The HT necks work because they got straight up into the drilled hole.

And Ben looks great Brent! I had to mod the clothes I bought to fit properly on the Slim. I'm gpong to pad out the midsection a bit so he doesn't look so lanky though.

Can I finally put you down for a Ben Tbay (that's going to take a bit of getting used to lol)??

Like I said. Mine doesn't sit right because the neck slopes forward, where the head is drilled straight. The size is fine, it's more the shape. I plan on dremelling the back of the inside of the sculpt (under the hair) a bit to accommodate the back of the neck.

The HT necks work because they got straight up into the drilled hole.

And Ben looks great Brent! I had to mod the clothes I bought to fit properly on the Slim. I'm gpong to pad out the midsection a bit so he doesn't look so lanky though.

Can I finally put you down for a Ben Tbay (that's going to take a bit of getting used to lol)??

I've been pretty annoyed with ebay as of late (trying to buy parts for my customs and some guys are charging ridiculous prices for stuff no one will ever buy for that price, i.e., all the x-files sideshow stuff) so I decided to do a name change because it sounded to much like that darn company :lol

I'll be ordering Ben in April hopefully :pray:

Your Ben is looking great, gdb!

I am starting to arrange my shelf. I have way too much LOST swag for the small shelf I was originally planning. Although, as much as I love Nek's Ben head, I kind of feel like I really only want Jack and Locke in 1/6. May end up letting Benny go...

Anyway, here's the start of my setup -

lostshelf.jpg

I got the Hurley McFigure autographed at the Times Square Toys R US a few years ago. There is a brief video from the event on the Season 3 DVD set and I am in the video for a few seconds. I'm part of LOST history! :lol

This little briefcase I originally got for a Scarecrow figure makes for a good way to display Toy Anxiety's paper goods, along with the crate -

lostacc.jpg

That's so cool about being in the video!

Yeah, I have a pic or two on my old PC. When I get around to retrieving my old files I'll post it. Jorge was super-nice and personalsed the autograph to me, my wife, and our friend who watched it every week at our place. Also met producer Bryan Burke. Todd McFarlane was actually the least approachable. Which couldn't have worked out better. :lol

If you're sticking with the Slim, I'll go ahead and shave off a little from the neck on your Ben as it rides a bit high in the Slim. Not sure if it's the slimmer torso or the way the neck connector sits in the torso but the head just sits a tad high.

Great job on Desmond Brent!

It's my Ben paint, but that's not my Desmond -- though I agree the painter did a great job! (If you want to see my Desmond you'll have to click on the banner in my signature.:wink1:)

Last edited:
If you're sticking with the Slim, I'll go ahead and shave off a little from the neck on your Ben as it rides a bit high in the Slim. Not sure if it's the slimmer torso or the way the neck connector sits in the torso but the head just sits a tad high.

Thanks Brent, I appreciate that! :)

Rock, here's a pic of a Soldier Story body. They're fairly inexpensive.
($20-25)
nude.jpg

linkage: https://www.toyanxiety.com/search.aspx?find=soldier+story+nude
(use promo code TATHANSKU and save 10% until the end of March)

And YoNose you NEED a Ben for your display! Looks BA man, I wouldn't mind grabbing a Bad Robot at some point down the line... But right now my priority is getting some scratch together to pay GDB for his paint work. lol

And YoNose you NEED a Ben for your display! Looks BA man, I wouldn't mind grabbing a Bad Robot at some point down the line... But right now my priority is getting some scratch together to pay GDB for his paint work. lol

Haha...yeah, when I'm trying to free up space for more LOST goodies I think I don't need a 1/6 Ben. But when I'm actually looking at him I feel different. :lol

I love the Bad Robot. Speaking of, anybody see the new Super 8 trailer? Looks like fun.

Back