The Official, "I got my Bespin Han Solo" Thread!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once you have a perfect record of exclusives, you don't want to miss one. Whichever one you don't get will creep under your skin and force you to pay the big bucks on eBay.

SolidLiquidFox said:
May be it's just me and my collector mentality, but I feel that if I don't get the exclusive my figure is "incomplete"

Am I crazy? :rolleyes:

I feel exactly the same way. In a way, it is true though. I'll stop complaining about the extra price now, but it doesn't mean I'm happy with it. A $5 extra Mynock is better than no Mynock.

I feel that way about certain accessories. I could have probably lived without the holo Sidious that comes with Anakin or even this mynock, but the guns that come with Luke and Obi are must-haves for me.

You can hardly expect that every figure will come with as many accessories as the Jedi, who need to carry mutiple things on themselves at all times while they're in the field. For example, how many accessories do you honestly think Greedo will come with?

As to Han's not having as many accessories, what else could he possible come with? Okay, maybe some binders, or even a hydrospanner, but who of us actually plans to pose him that way? I question the need for the mask, too, since I certainly won't be displaying him with it on. I don;t feel anything super-important to the character has been left out. Also, I really like the new left hand. I was getting a bit weary of "the claw."

tomandshell said:
Once you have a perfect record of exclusives, you don't want to miss one. Whichever one you don't get will creep under your skin and force you to pay the big bucks on eBay.

Too bad there can be no more than 1248 other people like you. (To explain the math: I got a Kit but not a Luke.) Sideshow can probably factor in the completists into their business model and a higher number of completists might mean a lower price point or greater freedom to take chances.

Then again, I'm sure Sideshow knows what it's doing.

And I'm not bitter. Not bitter at all. ;)

Last edited:
Sold out a little slower than I expected it to, but that's ok, it gave more a chance to order it............can anyone say larger edition sizes make for more online time, I think so............but I can say that I do love a nice chase of the more limited figures!

Buttmunch said:
I don't think so. The Jedi belts have all those pouches to stick the accessory gear in. Come on, he doesn't even have a set in other hands. Couldn't we have gotten some gloved ones or something?

I would like to see an extra set of hands as mandatory in every figure. Hands are important. They hold things and are great for gestering/communicating.

But wait 'til Han arrives. I think when you see it, you'll agree that's one sweet belt/hostler.

gdb said:
I would like to see an extra set of hands as mandatory in every figure. Hands are important. They hold things and are great for gestering/communicating.

But wait 'til Han arrives. I think when you see it, you'll agree that's one sweet belt/hostler.

Well, look at all the hands we're getting with Anakin and Obi. Just switch out with those, or any other basic SSC figure. It's a grand hand swapping shindig, and all your little buddies are invited!!!

Customikey said:
I feel that way about certain accessories. I could have probably lived without the holo Sidious that comes with Anakin or even this mynock, but the guns that come with Luke and Obi are must-haves for me.

I'm the oposite, The extra guns for Luke and Obi are pretty much who cares for me but I wanted the Holo and the Mynock. And I gave a good present to somebody by canceling my exclusive Kit today.. no way am I going to be able to afford all these cool figures so Kit had to go.

I'm waitlisted for Kit ex. But I put in for it late in the evening, so I'm pretty sure I'm waaay down the list. Probably just as well. I don't have room for EVERY figure.

Blake said:
dr2red, what is that video clip at the bottom of your message?

Oh, I got him too. Easy this time.

Sorry been at work so I did not see this message.
It is a animated gif I made from some pics from Beneath
the Planet of the apes. I am an apes Freak.

The number of hands is important to me. If Han only has one pair of hands, that is very disappointing to me...

So my modem went out shortly after I got Han, thank goodness, but after work, I was able to check the thread for post on the sell-out time and ES:

Pitchin – 20 minuntes – no ES – later posted 2000
EVILFACE – 40 minutes – 2000 ES
Theverse – 20 minutes – 1250
Welsh Wizard – 1800 –(50 grey mynocks!)
Bodie the Cursed – 30 minutes – 1750
SolidLiquidFox – 20 minutes -1750
Darth Rage – 48 minutes – 2000
Wor-Gar – 17 minutes – 1750
Lcummins – 31 mintues -2250
MicroJow – 33 Minutes -2500
PsychoCenobite – A few days – 10,000

These were the posts that speculated for the edition size and sell out time, and since nobody actually guessed the time, I am going to play by "price is right" rules. Darth Rage will win the Marvel Legends Juggernaut since he was closest without going over! Since Welsh Wizard and PsychoCenobite were hilarious, I will be sending out a Marvel Legends Variant Angel and Marvel Legends Variant Cyclops respectively to those guys too! Just PM me your mailing address, and I will have them in the mail right away!!

Migwit said:
Just thought I'd interject here that there are already 3 Bespin Han Solo exclusives listed on ebay... :rolleyes: :mwaha

https://cgi.ebay.com/Sideshow-HAN-S...ryZ37888QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

https://cgi.ebay.com/SIDESHOW-EXCLU...ryZ98032QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

https://cgi.ebay.com/FREE-SHIP-Besp...ryZ88881QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Boy, eBay listings never take long to show up on these exclusives, do they? :D

I'd like to know how the one guy got 3 of them!

I got my exclusive in 10 min.

Personally, I think 2000 is way too much for an exclusive. I realize that this character is very popular and sought after but still... I wish they would have kepted the numbers low on this one, like "Kit" or at least no more them 1500.

The feeling of owning one of these exclusives just isn't quite the same when all of your friends, enemies, cousins, uncles, aunts and neighbors own one too.

As for the new head sculpt... I think that I actually prefered the previous one with the wrong color eyes. The eyes look better now but his face does look a little swolen/puffy. He still looks great but I'm just mentioning it in case they decide to fix it... If they don't, he will still look great and I will still be happy to have him.

Customikey said:
Well, look at all the hands we're getting with Anakin and Obi. Just switch out with those, or any other basic SSC figure. It's a grand hand swapping shindig, and all your little buddies are invited!!!

LOL That does sound like fun! If I'm reading you right, you mean something like there's a job for each hand and a hand for each job?

In seriousness, I'd rather the hands be painted to match the faces and sculpted inline with their actor's iconic gesturing. A lot of acting is done with the hands after all and a lot can be expressed.

gdb said:
LOL That does sound like fun! If I'm reading you right, you mean something like there's a job for each hand and a hand for each job?

In seriousness, I'd rather the hands be painted to match the faces and sculpted inline with their actor's iconic gesturing. A lot of acting is done with the hands after all and a lot can be expressed.

Yes, there is indeed a hand for each job. :D Lord, you want hands that specifically represent each character, now? I'm just happy if the head looks right. I think if I had to read threads critiquing the choice of hands sculpted in character specific poses, I'd go nuts. Then we'd be all like "Harrison Ford's hands were NEVER that fat/long/rugged" or "Sam Jackson would never pose his hands like that!!" That's just crazy-talk, people! Crazy. Talk.

I'm 5 for 5 now. Ordering was a fast and painless procedure. No complaints about how much it cost or the number of accessories or the paint job. Does that make me easy?

So, does the hour or so it took to sell out mean the edition size was too large or did we all over-estimate how many people were going to jump on this?

I see the record for the number of people to visit Freaks was broken at 1:15.

JustinLuck said:
The number of hands is important to me. If Han only has one pair of hands, that is very disappointing to me...

hanshiva6gc.jpg

Oh, I forgot! This makes 30 pages!! Goal achieved!

Last edited:
What other hand positions would you suggest? THe number of hands that came with the fisrt three Jedi figures were because of 1) cosmetic changes to the hands in the film (Ani & Luke) or 2) the needs of the accessories (All three.) Han has no such needs. Can he hold his blaster? Yep. Can he smack the mynock? Yep. What else is there, exactly?

Back