The official Customizer and Collector's Work space thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

figuremaster_les

AF-FIRMATIVE!
Reaction score
OK, I'll kick off with my overwhelming space...a small, 3 foot by 4 foot work area (that has evolved some since this old 2004 image, yes, I have better lighting now!), with wall mounted drawers for paints, glues and other supplies...and the ever present cigar boxes of doom, filled with secret herbs and ungents, and sharp shiney tools, awaiting uses far more bizarre than I can explain here,...also with many odd and unusual things stored beneath...drawers of body parts and bits, clothing bits, hands and heads, the works!

Also, note my High Tech Mobile Casting Lab cobbled together with a cigar box, the CRAB (a weighted double handed holder for myriad uses, purchased from Radio Shack for those that must have one!), styrofoam cups, chopsticks, yes, CHOPSTICKS (You'd be amazed at all the uses those old, used chopsticks can be used for!) and old cast up projects, long gone....

Most all of the more familiar Figuremaster projects were borne here...
What's the old saying? It ain't the size of the space that matters, it's how you use it! :D

Enjoy

Myworkspace1.jpg

More evil space updates to come! :D

WHO'S NEXT???!!!!

hey cool! great timing.

I just redid my "work" room last week.
I'll take pics tonite.

cozy lil nook you got there Les
and I use cigar boxes too :D

I spy with my little eye...wet/dry sanding sponge sheets by 3M...Model Masters "eyedropper" tubes...is that a head sitting atop a pen nestled in amongst the brushes and tools, perhaps while some sculpted additions cure?

Judging from the heads sitting atop the Walker High Tech Mobile Casting Lab® it looks to be a highly effective unit.

:lol What keen little eyes you have there, Mr. Bear!
Yes, those 3M pads are MANDATORY pieces of equipment for the Figuremaster's arsenal against the crimes of unpainted surfaces!

Also, the MM droppers are another important tool.
I might get a shot later on of some of my other equipment. I use dental tools. regular round toothpicks, various brushes of all shapes and sizes, Insta set for thin/thick superglues, Smooth-On molding products, Model Master Acryl paints, spools of thread, leather bits, metal rods and fittings, nukes, knives, sharp sticks... ....all manner of cast and original heads, and yes, the High Tech Mobile Casting Lab® is for sure a usable and functional device...but note that I do not misuse it. I am very careful about what I cast or recast.

And for the record, just to address this, I have recast some bought or sent heads for my own use. But, I am NOT a regular recaster as a means to rip off the work of others. (I mean, look at my "Lab"! :lol ) I do not resell heads cast from any original figure, or head castup provider (Right Lonnie! He knows how many heads I buy! Support original casters!!!), nor do I provide that kind of service. So don't ask! The High Tech Mobile Casting Lab® isn't designed for that kind of work! :lol

It barely works at all! But, it's my High Tech Mobile Casting Lab®, so stay away! And make your own! :D (And don't forget the chopsticks! :lol )

More fun Workspace pics to come!

C'Mon guys! Where's your's????

Off-topic slightly, and I can't post a pic of my workspace as I work anywhere and everywhere but...what do you recommend for sanding down super-sculpy?

Emotion Capture said:
Off-topic slightly, and I can't post a pic of my workspace as I work anywhere and everywhere but...what do you recommend for sanding down super-sculpy?

Hey, I just answered this in the "Calling all Customizers" info thread.
Most how to's and such questions should go there so it can be discussed. Hope my suggestion helps any. :D

I understand the work anywhere thing. I did that for ages. I even worked on my bed. Got glue everywhere! Not a good idea.
It helps to make a nice workspace and light it well. Trust me. Good organization, and good spaces for your work/hobby needs is beyond words! Try and make a space if you can Emotion Capture. You'll be glad you did. (And I do not have a lot of space myself!)

What happens if you are painting some thing delicate, taking your time and really concentrating… then *BAM* the phone rings, scares the crap out of you and ruines your work? :lol

NobleWarrior said:
What happens if you are painting some thing delicate, taking your time and really concentrating… then *BAM* the phone rings, scares the crap out of you and ruines your work? :lol

The phone ringer is turned off during paintups! No way that can happen! Although, inevitably, folks love to knock on my door as I am just about to paint in an eye pupil! WOWSA! That one will make you jump! :D

Josh - I have to say that I'm loving the 'censored' sections.

BTW - Is there any chance you can cut off the excess sleeve of the undertunic on the gauntlet side when you are working your magic on my Vaderkin? (it'll save that unslightly bunching up...).

Thanks my man.

awesome!
love seeing work areas. So much going on

whats behind the censored areas? you can just tell and not show. :D

abstractharmony said:
Josh - I have to say that I'm loving the 'censored' sections.

BTW - Is there any chance you can cut off the excess sleeve of the undertunic on the gauntlet side when you are working your magic on my Vaderkin? (it'll save that unslightly bunching up...).

Thanks my man.

I will indeed! It helped me out a ton when I did mine.... Consider it done my friend!

Oh and Occulum... Behind the censored areas are evil things so depraved and disturbing as to melt your eyes and boil your brain if you even beheld them for a moment... :lol

No, they are actually a batch I am painting for a customer that does not want them revealed until he gets them back and on their proper bodies. So I have been very careful not to show any of them in my recent pics...:monkey2
It is kinda sad too, because a lot of them are very interesting and looking to be some of my best work. All will be revealed in time though, so I cannot wait.

DarkArtist81 said:
they are actually a batch I am painting for a customer that does not want them revealed until he gets them back and on their proper bodies. So I have been very careful not to show any of them in my recent pics...:monkey2
It is kinda sad too, because a lot of them are very interesting and looking to be some of my best work. All will be revealed in time though, so I cannot wait.

Ohhhhh, ta hell with it. Show 'em!!!!

Ironman1188 said:
Ohhhhh, ta hell with it. Show 'em!!!!

I think that it would be better revealed when you have them ready.... :monkey3

That way it's more exciting and they shine more than just heads without a body. At least my opinion.... :lol

Cool! At long last.... The CM work shots!! Awesome!!

You know... for the longest time... I pictured you in a castle on a hill, black and white... henchman handing you paints... :lol

I must say... this is much better than that! :rock

Back